• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean we have only played five games?

I'm firmly on the out camp, but am willing to give him more games, but the signs are there, Trill.

If you take into account the **** show that was the tail end of last season and how this one has started like the last never ended, you can see why people are ready to pounce or are being turned.

It's like reverse "Wenger's Calendar Year" thing, but without that late comeback (after throwing it around christmas time) to get top 4.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can Frake tell our guys to stop being stupid and make mistakes? i highly doubt playing beautiful football is great but we have far bigger issue like avoiding to make 3 errors a game.
Maybe he can tell them to stop building from the back when they are under such high pressure. Heared Emery tried to tell them, but the squad thought he was talking about ordering nachos.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can Frake tell our guys to stop being stupid and make mistakes? i highly doubt playing beautiful football is great but we have far bigger issue like avoiding to make 3 errors a game.

If it points to us actually getting somewhere better in the end run? Yeah, sure.

We're drawing and losing most of our away games anyway, might as well do it playing well at home.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

****, we such a long way from playing beautiful football again, Emery has us serving turgid crap of Play from the back leading to nowhere and cutbacks.

While small minions like Norwich serve these great moments of brilliance.

This has triggered me. Now I'm sure it's not just about players like AMN, Kola and Sok (who admittedly are trash on the ball) but we're just doing something fundamentally wrong when it comes to playing out of the back.

Pepes blue pill

I'm firmly on the out camp, but am willing to give him more games, but the signs are there, Trill.

If you take into account the **** show that was the tail end of last season and how this one has started like the last never ended, you can see why people are ready to pounce or are being turned.

It's like reverse "Wenger's Calendar Year" thing, but without that late comeback (after throwing it around christmas time) to get top 4.

This and in the last two games, the space that has been given to the opposition is something I have never seen in my life except when going gung ho cus you are chasing a last minute equaliser, we have a decent enough side for top 4 imo but not a decent enough manager

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

My judgement is clear enough to not be clouded by my anger at the craven game management yesterday to know that Emery is not the man to lead Arsenal back to the pinnacle of English Football.

A few damning indictments against are:

1. His apprehension in dropping Xhaka despite a continuous string of high profile errors.

2. Failing to drill the defense properly.

3. Insisting on "playing from the back" when the intent on proceeding with such plays seems to elude him, nevermind the players.

4. Playing Pepe as a second striker, it's clear he's not meant for such a role. Were it Zaha that would make more sense, but Pepe, from what I saw previously at Lille, prefers to operate on the touchline as he then seeks to manuveur the fullback.

He's cowardly, stubborn to the point of stupidity & weighed down by the enormity of coaching a club as big as Arsenal.

Add to that his average performance with PSG where, despite a bottomless fund, he surrendered meekly to a youthful Monaco, he's clearly not up to the task of helming our resurgence.

Get him out now, let Freddie take over till the summer & then hand Simeone the reigns to winnow the remaining chaff.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Stop sucking Emery **** bro, he’s a losing ticket.
You're literally freaking out, it's not that deep man.

Also whose **** am I sucking? My views on Emery are clear, I can just articulate that I'm not impressed with him without having a meltdown on a forum.

razörist

My judgement is clear enough to not be clouded by my anger at the craven game management yesterday to know that Emery is not the man to lead Arsenal back to the pinnacle of English Football.

A few damning indictments against are:

1. His apprehension in dropping Xhaka despite a continuous string of high profile errors.

2. Failing to drill the defense properly.

3. Insisting on "playing from the back" when the intent on proceeding with such plays seems to elude him, nevermind the players.

4. Playing Pepe as a second striker, it's clear he's not meant for such a role. Were it Zaha that would make more sense, but Pepe, from what I saw previously at Lille, prefers to operate on the touchline as he then seeks to manuveur the fullback.

He's cowardly, stubborn to the point of stupidity & weighed down by the enormity of coaching a club as big as Arsenal.

Add to that his average performance with PSG where, despite a bottomless fund, he surrendered meekly to a youthful Monaco, he's clearly not up to the task of helming our resurgence.

Get him out now, let Freddie take over till the summer & then hand Simeone the reigns to winnow the remaining chaff.
You had me untill Simeone.

razörist

You're literally freaking out, it's not that deep man.

Also whose **** am I sucking? My views on Emery are clear, I can just articulate that I'm not impressed with him without having a meltdown on a forum.
Don’t make this about me, it’s about your bumbuddy Emery.

This has triggered me. Now I'm sure it's not just about players like AMN, Kola and Sok (who admittedly are trash on the ball) but we're just doing something fundamentally wrong when it comes to playing out of the back.

My first guess would be that Xhaka, Sokratis, Kolasinac and AMN are not mobile enough in the first phase of playing out of the back. Even Guendouzi too.

Knowing Özil, Lacazette, Auba and their laid back nature I guess they are not mobile enough too. Making it easier for other teams to push up when they press us. I guess our forwards only start really moving when we manage to get the ball to the midfield. But I can't see it in the television. Someone who goes to the game might notice if its true or not.

goldengod

I'm disappointed as the rest of you are in regards to yesterday's result. However, I think people that are calling for him to go need to just be patient and realise that things do not simply change over night. Not only that but I think we could also do well to remember the fine margins sometimes in football. Remove the Xhaka pen/Sokratis passing it to their player, and we probably win both games, would be sitting in 2nd and everyone feeling optimistic about the season. Funny that really...

Wait til Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are back. We played our best football when the former two were fit, and it's clearly impacted us both offensively and defensively. Tierney will hopefully be a welcome upgrade over Kola. Also got to give Pepe some more time to see the positive impact that it can have. Once he starts to become more threatening, oppositions might be inclined to through less players forward which will ease things on our defence.

I believe very much that Emery should be judged by what happens now until Christmas when we get some games with our first XI. However, he could do himself some massive favours by being willing to drop players and make mistakes time and time again (Xhaka I'm looking at you).

billyf

I haven't seen this lack of motivation in years. It was like watching amateurs play football. This is one of these situations where you don't know if you should get angry or sad.

What a mess of a situation. The manager rotating before a EL game as if he's coaching Barcelona. Who the hell are you subbing? you've got only Torreira and a bunch of youngsters on the bench?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I've actually been Emery out since that top four run.

He had valid excuses but anyone who oversees a bottlejob that badly needs to be held accountable and I said as much, I just saved my energy because I knew we wouldn't sack him. This season has been atrocious but football is a funny sport, hopefully we benefit from a random good run of form.

Arsenal won't sack him mid-season unless something nuts happens so I'm not going to lose my **** and have a meltdown over something I can't control. Just have to hope we improve.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You had me untill Simeone.

He's an acquired taste to be sure :lol:. I'm just sick of the weakness displayed time & again on the pitch.

I want someone to come in & instill a feral streak, a mob feeling of "us vs them", the winning mentality that's been lacking for a very long time.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don’t make this about me, it’s about your bumbuddy Emery.
You're the one saying I'm sucking a guys **** just because I told you to stop being weird.

I mean you've just called him my bumbuddy because I think you're having a meltdown? Where's the correlation? I'm not even defending the guy. Chill out, you're from Amsterdam right? Smoke a spliff or something.

razörist

The people voted in the referendum/poll on this thread last season. The democratic vote was that he stays. It’s the will of the people.

You can’t keep having another referendum until you get a result you like.
But the situation has changed. The people know what it means now, and...

I see what you did there. :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He's an acquired taste to be sure :lol:. I'm just sick of the weakness displayed time & agaun on the pitch.

I want someone to come in & instill a feral streak, a mob feeling of "us vs them", the winning mentality that's been lacking for a very long time.
Raul has a huge decision to make regarding style coming up next appointment. I think you can make top four with an attacking focused manager but not really challenge for any big trophies with the smaller budget & lesser players.

I want to win. Style is gone... All in for Diego or the mad lad Mourinho.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yes and that something is passing it to the opposition.

Something that triggered me is Tom ****ing Cleverley has 2 career goals against us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom