• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

The people voted in the referendum/poll on this thread last season. The democratic vote was that he stays. It’s the will of the people.

You can’t keep having another referendum until you get a result you like.

That is only valid if you assume people never change their minds.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You're the one saying I'm sucking a guys **** just because I told you to stop being weird.

I mean you've just called him my bumbuddy because I think you're having a meltdown? Where's the correlation? I'm not even defending the guy. Chill out, you're from Amsterdam right? Smoke a spliff or something.
Can’t chill untill this abomination is removed from my club. I wake up happy and then I remember and my whole mood grows sour. Enough is enough. We are not Real Valladolid.

Pepes blue pill

I'm disappointed as the rest of you are in regards to yesterday's result. However, I think people that are calling for him to go need to just be patient and realise that things do not simply change over night. Not only that but I think we could also do well to remember the fine margins sometimes in football. Remove the Xhaka pen/Sokratis passing it to their player, and we probably win both games, would be sitting in 2nd and everyone feeling optimistic about the season. Funny that really...

Wait til Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are back. We played our best football when the former two were fit, and it's clearly impacted us both offensively and defensively. Tierney will hopefully be a welcome upgrade over Kola. Also got to give Pepe some more time to see the positive impact that it can have. Once he starts to become more threatening, oppositions might be inclined to through less players forward which will ease things on our defence.

I believe very much that Emery should be judged by what happens now until Christmas when we get some games with our first XI. However, he could do himself some massive favours by being willing to drop players and make mistakes time and time again (Xhaka I'm looking at you).

Not sure I agree, plenty already had concerns over the ****e football he has us playing, sure it we won both game you might not have the reactions you have right now but there would still be huge concerns over the football and those two performances, we looked shocking in both tbh and yesterday was something else

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't think it's a good idea to sack a coach mid-season (not that we would anyway) but I'm just sick of watching this dull, incoherent, sloppy, defensive football against the smaller sides. At this point it really feels like literally anyone else can set up this team to play actual attacking football with the amount of talent we have in forward areas

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it's a good idea to sack a coach mid-season (not that we would anyway) but I'm just sick of watching this dull, incoherent, sloppy, turgid, defensive football against the smaller sides. At this point it really feels like literally anyone else can set up this team to play actual attacking football with the amount of talent we have in forward areas

We’re only four weeks into the season to be fair. Now is probably as good a time as any.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Raul has a huge decision to make regarding style coming up next appointment. I think you can make top four with an attacking focused manager but not really challenge for any big trophies with the smaller budget & lesser players.

I want to win. Style is gone... All in for Diego or the mad lad Mourinho.

Same. I want to go back to the gritty 1 nil to the Arsenal days of George Graham & who better to evoke similar comparisons than Simeone & Mourinho.

We've reached the stage where substance is paramount & style is optional.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Raul has a huge decision to make regarding style coming up next appointment. I think you can make top four with an attacking focused manager but not really challenge for any big trophies with the smaller budget & lesser players.

I want to win. Style is gone... All in for Diego or the mad lad Mourinho.

Isn't Edu in charge of the "style" part?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'll
Regarding Watford being the worst team in the league; they are cllearly not. The results for them up until yesterday did not reflect the whole picture, was just a matter of time until they started getting points accordingly. Very decent team
And surprise surprise, their improvement started against us.

this is a Watford team that was outplayed and thumped at home by Brighton and West Ham. Yesterday they looked like prime Pep's Barça against us. Infact we held our own against Pep's Barça with a worse team than this and people are still excusing the manager.

I'm fairly confident that if he's still here next season in exactly the same situation like this, some people will still making excuses for him.

Worrying thing is, when you criticize him, you're called an Emery out brigade or a wenger fan boy.

We're now a banter club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Isn't Edu in charge of the "style" part?

Yeah they’ll be looking for a coach to come in and implement his idea of how we should play, which probably means it will be a young up and coming coach and not an older established manager like Allegri or Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom