• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
For me I'm still being Paitent with Emery until he gets his starting 11. But i think he's really been exposed at how limited a manager he is and how he struggles with lateral thinking.

He doesn't have his system, correct, but he still has enough quality in the side to play good football, create chances. Our shots at goal and created chances have dropped considerably since he became manager, we've just been more clinical.

You can see that unlike Wenger he's forcing players to create chances in a very particular way and when that doesn't work, there is no plan b.

All his tactical switches are reacting to the opposition. Althought aht is important against the big teams who are superior to us, we should really be going to smaller teams and imposing our game.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If Emery was to be sacked during the season, I'd seriously consider Claudio Ranieri as caretaker for the remaining matches.

I know he is a bit of a nut-head, but Bielsa should be a definite candidate in that scenario.
Although our players probably are not fit to his crazy intense pressing, the work he's done with a mediocre Leeds squad was impressive. They barely missed getting to PL, because they ran out of gas in final weeks of Championship

Pepes blue pill

We should get Laudrup for the project. Star player with immidiate respect. Did fall of the radar in the last few years. Did well at Getafe and Swansea, maybe not so much in Moscow though. Knows the league, has an attaching philosophy, wants players to express themselves. Can't remember how his teams were defensively, though.
But he always seem to make enemies where he is and maybe doesn't stay in the same place for long. Which might be a problem.

I like thinking outside the box but this will just have us doing a utd and going through managers imo and hoping one turns good

Pepes blue pill

I know he is a bit of a nut-head, but Bielsa should be a definite candidate in that scenario.
Although our players probably are not fit to his crazy intense pressing, the work he's done with a mediocre Leeds squad was impressive. They barely missed getting to PL, because they ran out of gas in final weeks of Championship

Would at least be fun

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For me I'm still being Paitent with Emery until he gets his starting 11. But i think he's really been exposed at how limited a manager he is and how he struggles with lateral thinking.

He doesn't have his system, correct, but he still has enough quality in the side to play good football, create chances. Our shots at goal and created chances have dropped considerably since he became manager, we've just been more clinical.

You can see that unlike Wenger he's forcing players to create chances in a very particular way and when that doesn't work, there is no plan b.

All his tactical switches are reacting to the opposition. Althought aht is important against the big teams who are superior to us, we should really be going to smaller teams and imposing our game.
I used to think the same but now I realise Emery will never have a consistent starting 11 because he constantly chops and changes players and formations according to the opposition. That can work in a cup competition and it’s no surprise he has 3 Europa cups but that constant tinkering in a league set up can actually be detrimental. The team can never develop relationships and synergy on the pitch because one week you’re on the right wing and the next you’re playing box to box even though you are only comfortable being a DM. Just look at the way he is handling Torreira.

Morning_woody

What worries me the most is that we have only extended our pis poor run from the last season.
It's the same crappy style of football we play.
There is no improvement on the pitch nor in the table.
How long can we afford to sit and wait?
Can Emery survive a defeat and a poor Liverpool alike performance against Man ure?
Could that potentially be his last game?

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I am genuinely Emery out and have been for a while. He gets a pass for the majority of his first season as injury after injury hit the team, the Ramsey and Özil situation compounded things and the squad imbalance didn't help. However there was no excuse to field the team he did vs Palace at home.

Fast forward to this season and he has a very good squad of players. Yes Bellerin and Tierney are not fit, but I don't think that is an excuse.

Emery is creating problems for himself. The team literally picks itself.

------------------------Leno
AMN-----Sokratis---David Luiz-Kolasinac

---------------------Torreira
------------Willock--------Ceballos

Pepe---------------Auba--------------Nelson

Due to injuries that is how we should line up.

Guendouzi doesnt have to play every minute of every game.

Xhaka should not be starting.

There is no reason why Nelson shouldn't be given a run of games.

It should be a 4 3 3.

Torreira should be holding, not bombing forward and shooting at goal.
Brilliant post. Exactly the line up I would pick, makes the most sense instead of Unai trying to force Guendouzi and Xhaka into the same line-up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hate it when managers have their favourite players that always get a pass. It's a real weakness.

Oh great Frankfurt away next, what a load of **** that will be.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hate it when managers have their favourite players that always get a pass. It's a real weakness.

Oh great Frankfurt away next, what a load of **** that will be.
The mighty Frankfurt, lost their three star attackers in Rebic, Jovic and Haller and replaced them with bums from Portugal. Hope Emery’s tactical wizardry will help us get away from there with a small loss.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The mighty Frankfurt, lost their three star attackers in Rebic, Jovic and Haller and replaced them with bums from Portugal. Hope Emery’s tactical wizardry will help us get away from there with a small loss.
Think Emery will have us put up a good fight. We’ll battle for a 1-1 I think.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The return of Bellerin and introduction of Tierney isn't going to save us. As long as that midfield doesn't protect the defence then we are ****ed.

Over a year into the job and we are still far too open as a team. We allow too many shots on our goal. We play with no style and are awful to watch (apart from the odd game here and there).

I think the fans will be pretty quick to turn on him as there's no goodwill or no history there. We have no loyalty to him. I think he'll be packing up his USB sticks before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom