• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I'd honestly take Brendan Rodgers at this point. Think under him we'd basically be similar to his Liverpool side that came close to winning the league - defensively naive but with the attacking ability to blow teams out the water.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'd honestly take Brendan Rodgers at this point. Think under him we'd basically be similar to his Liverpool side that came close to winning the league - defensively naive but with the attacking ability to blow teams out the water.
we definitely need someone with solid and recent PL experience to replace Emery - no more gambling with a manager whose only success is with non-UK teams

TakeChillPill

Established Member
With arsenal at the moment, it's like trying to put out fires. We solve our spending issues, sign some very good players and the manager is the one who has become problematic.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No doubt that he could build something with our attacking talent. Not sure about him long term though.

Malky

Established Member
No doubt that he could build something with our attacking talent. Not sure about him long term though.
We're a big club and he'd get the chance to prove himself again, his work at Leicester has been impressive, so far. I'd rather take the chance on him and get us playing proper, exciting attacking football than the 90min train wreck we're watching week after week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone watch Souness's stuff? Hate agreeing with him, but bringing on kids at 2-1 when facing an onslaught is stupid af

He has no choice tbf in the game because if you look at our bench the only outfield players above 20 were Torreira and Chambers.

While he can justly argue that he’s been left short this year with the squad, he’s got to be smarter. He clearly hates playing the kids but he’s forced to with our squad construction.

He has to start Nelson and Willock more, not because they deserve it but because you could bring more experienced players off the bench in pressure situations like yesterday.

If he’d started Nelson for say Özil we could have brought Mesut on for Ceballos when he started flagging. A midfield of Torreira and Willock lets him bring Xhaka and Guendouzi off the bench.

That line up would’ve had more balance because you’ve got the wide players in Pepe and Nelson and a midfield with a DM and two guys who can break lines rather than that garbage 4-4-2 diamond we lined up with.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Look at what he has done to Leicester. Since he was appointed only City and Liverpool picked up more points. Not sure how that stands after Saturday but still a fantastic record. He transformed them from a dull team into a ball playing attacking team.

Unfortunately his record in Scotland wasnt deemed upto much and supporters naively dismissed him and his poor spell at Liverpool over shadowed the turnaround he made for Liverpool.

I hope we havent missed the boat. Knowing Brendan the snake he could turn his back on Leicester but I've a feeling he will be there for at least this season and have his eye on any of the top 6 over the summer when managers inevitably change.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Look at what he has done to Leicester. Since he was appointed only City and Liverpool picked up more points. Not sure how that stands after Saturday but still a fantastic record. He transformed them from a dull team into a ball playing attacking team.

Unfortunately his record in Scotland wasnt deemed upto much and supporters naively dismissed him and his poor spell at Liverpool over shadowed the turnaround he made for Liverpool.

I hope we havent missed the boat. Knowing Brendan the snake he could turn his back on Leicester but I've a feeling he will be there for at least this season and have his eye on any of the top 6 over the summer when managers inevitably change.
why are you calling him a snake?:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My only problem with him is that he seems to refuse to play any other way.

I didn’t watch Celtic but I remember a few fans had it out for him after trying to outplay PSG and getting hammered.

The game against Utd on Saturday was a perfect example, against teams who do nothing and sit back he ends up with loads of harmless possession but not much threat.

With Vardy and Maddison he should’ve looked to play quick turnover counter attacks but by the end Maddison was playing as a number 8.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He managed the Liverpool of Scotland, but like Tierney switched to a bigger club. Now he's a snake, apparently.
He left them for Leicester? What’s weird about that? Wouldn’t anyone do that? They have some cult up there in Belfast or whatever the **** they are from.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I know he is a bit of a nut-head, but Bielsa should be a definite candidate in that scenario.
Although our players probably are not fit to his crazy intense pressing, the work he's done with a mediocre Leeds squad was impressive. They barely missed getting to PL, because they ran out of gas in final weeks of Championship

As a footie fan I Love Bielsa but I'm not sure he would be a good fit as short term caretaker. Actually not sure I would hire him anywhere - he is a genius but drives his squads into the ground and lacks success. He's never been able to transform his style into success by in his case probably not a bit of a lack of pragmatism but reason.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Now if you have ever been in a stadium, you know that from any position around the pitch, you can see when a team is having trouble in the build-up. You could clearly see that after the first half hour, Watford started pressing more and more upwards when we had a goalkick. In the second half, Quique Sanchez Flores instructed his team to go from two to three players on the edge of the box, and one player each close to Guendouzi, Xhaka, Kolasinac and Ainsley.

Now I swear to you, you could have seem from the other side of the stadium that our build up was too risky, and it was a matter of time that it would go wrong. Now somebody please explain how the manager, who can clearly see what’s happening and knows how error prone his players are, does not intervene? Why does he not instruct his team to go long, and set them up to win the second ball? Even after the mistake, and the 1-2, we continued to play like that when it clearly was not working. What is this madness?
Florets actually spike if his tactics in the interview. He talked about second and third phases. My take on it was that Watford may not win the first ball, but they would win the second...I saw a ball hit up field. Xhaka did well to intercept but his header went to a Watford player. They literally sat back and let us fail and then countered really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom