• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How much did Watford spend?
:lol: 17th in the league. But where will they finish up after 38 games. . somewhere not a million miles from 17th . . . which is roughly where they are now. QED.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
An attempt to play exciting football would make the results a lot easier to take and be patient about. But as it is we're being patient hoping that this dull, disjointed approach will just edge into better results. There's nothing to suggest that this isn't the way Emery wants us to be playing. He just wants us to get better at playing crap football.

Emery has us playing like a team that needs to save the managers job, if I'm being honest.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
An attempt to play exciting football would make the results a lot easier to take and be patient about. But as it is we're being patient hoping that this dull, disjointed approach will just edge into better results. There's nothing to suggest that this isn't the way Emery wants us to be playing. He just wants us to get better at playing crap football.
It's the lack of control of games that's annoying me tbh. As soon as a team decides to up the pace we look very easy to get at. The middle of the park looks vacant for some reason. It's not good. We've still got a lot of the fragilities we had under Wenger, and it's difficult to understand.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Place these figures here too.

The costs to buy all the players in the published squads have been calculated and posted by CIES:

1 City €1014
2 United €751
3 Liverpool. €639
4 Chelsea €561

5 Arsenal €498
6 Everton €486
7 Sp**s €465

So it doesn’t look like we’ve broken into the top 4 spending wise, and pretty much on a par with Everton and Sp**s.

I’m guessing Emery won’t be far off finishing 5th this season again. And those 7 richest squads are likely to be the top 7 teams come the end of the season.

You can see the whole European list here:
https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/

Honestly, these are some of your worst posts. You can’t excuse Emery for Watford then also imply his hands are tied with squad costs.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Honestly, these are some of your worst posts. You can’t excuse Emery for Watford then also imply his hands are tied with squad costs.
Not you too ffs. I’m just saying he’s likely to finish 5th. Don’t shoot the messenger. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: There’s only me, you and @say yes defending Emery left, out of the whole forum. It’s already the battle of Thermopylae.
I'll defend him against unjust criticism, like I did Wenger. He's made mistakes. I was never on any one side. I'll always call ****ups as and when I see them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'll defend him against unjust criticism, like I did Wenger. He's made mistakes. I was never on any one side. I'll always call ****ups as and when I see them.
You never saw anything but ****ups with Wenger even when he won 6-0. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

It's the lack of control of games that's annoying me tbh. As soon as a team decides to up the pace we look very easy to get at. The middle of the park looks vacant for some reason. It's not good. We've still got a lot of the fragilities we had under Wenger, and it's difficult to understand.
All those and more. With Wenger we usually had control of games, but would get done too often on the break, etc. Something he never adequately addressed

But now we dont' even control the play. We play most games like we are the team most likely to lose from the start.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
All those and more. With Wenger we usually had control of games, but would get done too often on the break, etc. Something he never adequately addressed

But now we dont' even control the play. We play most games like we are the team most likely to lose from the start.
I don't know about that.

Under Emery I'm much more confident going into games against Tottenham, for example.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I just read that 2007/08 Derby County who are the worst PL team of all time faced 82 shots in their first five games. We’ve faced 96.

The underlying stats are even bleaker, in terms of xG for and against in our first five games:
  1. Newcastle 0.8 vs 0.4
  2. Burnley 1.3 vs 1.3
  3. Liverpool 0.8 vs 2.3
  4. Sp**s 2.3 vs 2.3
  5. Watford 0.9 vs 2.9
That’s pathetic.

Malky

Established Member
The guy has had 3 transfer windows to sort this team out and yet he's somehow made us ****ing worse.
Some achievement that with the money that's been spent! :facepalm:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm honestly not sure if we should be using Wenger as a stick to beat Emery with. I mean it's not as if we haven't blown leads before, I mean vs Watford in his final season we were 1-0 up and fairly comfortable but somehow ended up losing.

Like even with how annoyed I am, I'm not exactly at a stage were I'm longing for Wenger.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm still in the Emery camp too. That performance has made me doubt him seriously for the first time though. However he still has time to turn things around.
Well done bro, that’s 4 of us who think the guy can turn this around. Bellerin and Tierney back, Holding and Chambers CBs, Xhaka with electro therapy on his brain. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom