• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Place these figures here too.

The costs to buy all the players in the published squads have been calculated and posted by CIES:

1 City €1014
2 United €751
3 Liverpool. €639
4 Chelsea €561

5 Arsenal €498
6 Everton €486
7 Sp**s €465

So it doesn’t look like we’ve broken into the top 4 spending wise, and pretty much on a par with Everton and Sp**s.

I’m guessing Emery won’t be far off finishing 5th this season again. And those 7 richest squads are likely to be the top 7 teams come the end of the season.

You can see the whole European list here:
https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/
Emery's current problems are nothing todo with squad cost.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Well done bro, that’s 4 of us who think the guy can turn this around. Bellerin and Tierney back, Holding and Chambers CBs, Xhaka with electro therapy on his brain. Who knows.

You are really overly optimistic. I hope he can turn it around but I have not seen much that would lead me to believe so. I have followed that guy at PSG and there is a pattern there, he has no game plan or philosophy. He was all over the map there with his tactics, line ups and other tactical decisions.

Ewarwoowar

Well done bro, that’s 4 of us who think the guy can turn this around. Bellerin and Tierney back, Holding and Chambers CBs, Xhaka with electro therapy on his brain. Who knows.
I'm not persuaded on Emery out either, but am happy to discuss potential suitors in these uncertain times.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not persuaded on Emery out either, but am happy to discuss potential suitors in these uncertain times.
You’re not Emery out, right now or in general? I’m not Emery out right now either.

Looking ahead though, he must be dumped in the summer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I said it at the time that Emery was first hired: Not excited by this.

Even his time at PSG with a level of player that is much better than what we have now was not impressive. Don't think his set up and tactics he uses is actually all that effective.

Emery out and Arteta in for me.

al-Ustaadh

We got battered against Sp**s the other day after this mug picked another Burnley FC line up.
We blew it but I never worried about losing.... Can't say that about the Tottenham games the last few years Wenger was in charge. Felt like we lost before we even kicked off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The only thing I’ll say in his defence is that Raul has f*cked him with the squad construction.

Iwobi was probably never going to take that next leap however he’s levels ahead of Nelson and Saka right now as a player.

We were short a winger last year and now adding Pepe but then losing Iwobi means we’re still short.

A squad average age of 24 is way too young imo, myself and others start talking about Ceballos and Torreira as if they’re experienced players. They’re only 23 ffs.

al-Ustaadh

The only thing I’ll say in his defence is that Raul has f*cked him with the squad construction.

Iwobi was probably never going to take that next leap however he’s levels ahead of Nelson and Saka right now as a player.

We were short a winger last year and now adding Pepe but then losing Iwobi means we’re still short.

A squad average age of 24 is way too young imo, myself and others start talking about Ceballos and Torreira as if they’re experienced players. They’re only 23 ffs.
Praying for Zaha in January.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We blew it but I never worried about losing.... Can't say that about the Tottenham games the last few years Wenger was in charge. Felt like we lost before we even kicked off.
Think in 2017 we beat them and lost to them, in 2016 we beat them and drew to them.

Just a quick glance. Your narrative seems off.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You are really overly optimistic. I hope he can turn it around but I have not seen much that would lead me to believe so. I have followed that guy at PSG and there is a pattern there, he has no game plan or philosophy. He was all over the map there with his tactics, line ups and other tactical decisions.
That’s a worrying post, if you think that.

I read what his former players had to say and most of them are full of praise about the meticulous nature of his planning and video work.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...er-players-have-said-about-arsenals-new-boss/

JoaoFelix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom