• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This is what I keep saying , have seen over the years plenty of teams play out the back better than this team which much lesser personnel .

I mean look at the way we do it , no one really understands why they are doing what they are doing . It's just going through the motions .

Yeah it feels like we are doing it because we are supposed to and not because there's any real plan behind it.. The movement and pattern of build up is nonexistent most of the time, doesn't help that our midfielders are so slow on the ball and tends to dwell on it too long either, need to speed up our game in possession.

Vanfrothan

Iwobi is goddamn awful and would have done **** all.

He would have kept the ball better than the players we brought on, that's a fact.

Not saying he would have done anything with it!!

We were crying out for someone to keep it in the last 20mins after we took off Ceballos. Think Pepe will do that for us long term but even if couldn't help but give it away cheaply in the second half.

Ashybashy86

That’s one narrative Yousif. Liverpool spent a fortune transforming their spine and it worked.

Our spine is still weak and we didn’t address it. While you have Xhaka in front of Sokratis and Luiz we’re sitting ducks.

Neither Emery, Klopp, Pep or Allegri can fix that with whatever system they played.
I doubt Pep, Klopp or Allegri would persist with Sokratis or Xhaka because they wouldn’t work in their system. Emery seems to be happy with them because they’re still with us. He relies on them and speaks highly of Xhaka in particular. The players he didn’t want are gone or not getting a look in.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Apparently Watford registered more SOG agaisnt us than any other team since OPTA starting tracking these stats. That's how bad we were.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
We were awful and we bought it on ourselves. When top teams like City and Liverpool take the lead they continue the assault and force the stoppage. When we take the lead, we start knocking it about in defence, slowing the game down thinking we've won the league.

It happens every week and this time we got what we deserved.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
One more game lost by Emery.
has my full support but needs to wake up, and needs to wake up quickly, and just play his football

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is what I keep saying , have seen over the years plenty of teams play out the back better than this team which much lesser personnel .

I mean look at the way we do it , no one really understands why they are doing what they are doing . It's just going through the motions .

ARGHAH!!! Exactly!! Stop ****ing saying "we don't have the players"]

That's just a cop out - I'm sick of that ****. There's a host of clubs who can pass out of defence comfortably better than we can with far inferior players.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Shan't be naming names but there is hint of irony a certain poster questioning the quality of our signings given the money we spent and him refusing to listen for years that the amount you spent didn't necessarily mean you had the best players.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Shan't be naming names but there is hint of irony a certain poster questioning the quality of our signings given the money we spent and him refusing to listen for years that the amount you spent didn't necessarily mean you had the best players.
Oh whoever could Rich be talking about.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
ARGHAH!!! Exactly!! Stop ****ing saying "we don't have the players"]

That's just a cop out - I'm sick of that ****. There's a host of clubs who can pass out of defence comfortably better than we can with far inferior players.
Watford don't 'have the players' but they certainly showed us up last night.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he’d been responsible for the transfer window this summer, I’d agree. Else he’s having to make do, like every other manager in the league that haven’t got the Liverpool or City squads.

And there are plenty of patterns of play. It’s Wenger criticism all over again, with a twist.
We dont know who is responsible or not for the transfer business. And this isnt the same criticism that I gave to Wenger.

The manager is the most important person at the club. He got it wrong. His subs were wrong as were his tactics in the second half. He tried to stop the flow of their attack by bringing on defensive minded players but still insisted on playing it from the back. There is no logic to that.

Disgusting performance yesterday - the 2-0 lead was not deserved and, as usual with us, papered over the cracks. We were utterly dominated by a team that will likely be battling relegation this season. And don't get me started on the multiple times we played square balls to their players in our own defensive third. You don't even see that at schoolboy level ffs. No leaders, no communication, no style of play. We should have lost by 3 or 4. Maybe it would have been better if we had.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
You just knew when we were up 2-0 that it was gonna go to ****. I also hate half our team, no balls whatsoever with the lot. I don't care which coach you get - we need a new ****ing spine!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well the costs to buy all the players in the published squads have been calculated and posted by CIES:

1 City €1014
2 United €751
3 Liverpool. €639
4 Chelsea €561

5 Arsenal €498
6 Everton €486
7 Sp**s €465

So it doesn’t look like we’ve broken into the top 4 spending wise, and are pretty much on a par with Everton and Sp**s.

I’m guessing Emery won’t be far off finishing 5th this season again. And those 7 richest squads are likely to be the top 7 teams come the end of the season.

So I’m not sure what boll*cks @rich 1990 is spouting again, @razörist and @Mark Tobias :bounce:

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/

Last edited:

Mohamed7

I was so hopeful of even third but our defensive game is so bad we will be lucky to finish 5th come end of the season.

So far, we have already conceded 8 goals in five matches, that's an average of 1.6 per game. It comes to about 60 goals for the season. Last season, we conceded 50 something. No improvements at all. But then again, we signed Luiz to improve our defense :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
EEhI6YpX4AA4aqF

The U stands for Unai @yorch44
Lol it’s sad! It’s like we have no midfield... a freaking hole in te mid! Loco Bielsa in his conference talks about this and how u break defenses. This isn’t the way... the talks about diagonal passes between opposite players through the middle in between spaces. God this is depressing

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Emery's Achilles heel is getting his tactics to work away from home. We are absolutely hopeless on the road. The contrast with the way we play at home is day and night. Think we will do even better at home than last season provided we cut out a few defensive errors. Away from home we get dominated so much it is only a matter of time before we make a catastrophic mistake or two, it is a fundamentally flawed system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom