• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
From all I’ve read about Emery he takes every game as it comes. Thinks deeply, watches videos and chooses tactics and the team to suit.

If it comes off, it looks good. If it doesn’t come off it looks like he doesn’t know his line up, because of the changes.

He’s the opposite of Wenger who (apart from the last two years where he changed due to pressure) picked his best team and kept practicising the same aggressive possession style for every team. ‘Worry about your own tactics not the oppositions. Let them try and nullify you.’

There is no right or wrong here

There is a right way and it's more Wenger's way. Have an idea and work at it with some tweaks. Most ex players have said that constant changes are too much to take in. Exceptional groups like the Invincibles may cope, but not over 38 games. Surely Emery doesn't intend to try 50 different sets of tactics over a season. How can he when he starts Xhaka every game? I will wait until we get most of our defence back fit but I now wonder how much of a difference they will really make if the structure is wrong.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Rubbish. Every single manager is only as good as the players he has on the pitch. Fact. Yes a good manager can improve the sum of their parts but only by a certain amount.

Not trying to give you any stick, seriously, but have you looked at other leagues, too? And not just the best 4 or 6 teams, but the overall leagues. I'd be very interested in that to see if your theory holds water if you go beyond England into the best 4 or 5 leagues of Europe. Even on an overall interest, not just to discredit Unai Emery (twinker, twinker).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not trying to give you any stick, seriously, but have you looked at other leagues, too? And not just the best 4 or 6 teams, but the overall leagues. I'd be very interested in that to see if your theory holds water if you go beyond England into the best 4 or 5 leagues of Europe. Even on an overall interest, not just to discredit Unai Emery (twinker, twinker).
As a % of spending you get a cliff edge in most leagues.

In Spain you have 2 clubs spending around 3/4 billion euros Real and Barca, so they’ll normally have good odds of finishing 1 or 2

Atletico at 1/2 billion euros so they’ll have better odds of finishing 3rd

2 clubs at around 200 and 300 billion euros Valencia and Sevilla, so they have better odds of being 4th or 5th

Then all the rest of the clubs are under 150m euros, so they’ll normally fight it out for the lower places. Not much between them compared to the gap above.

The odds of Celta Vigo finishing above Barca might be 1 in a 500 years or more.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What's Emery style? Philosphy? What did he achieve since he joined Arsenal? I follow PSG too I can tell you that Emery is considered to be the worst coach since Qatar took over the club. Literally, fans, journalists, everyone wanted him out.
I didn’t want him to come here and got spanked by dozens of excited posters calling me a troll. :lol: Anybody could do better than Wenger they said.

Now he’s here I’m giving him a chance.

Pepes blue pill

From all I’ve read about Emery he takes every game as it comes. Thinks deeply, watches videos and chooses tactics and the team to suit.

If it comes off, it looks good. If it doesn’t come off it looks like he doesn’t know his line up, because of the changes.

He’s the opposite of Wenger who (apart from the last two years where he changed due to pressure) picked his best team and kept practicising the same aggressive possession style for every team. ‘Worry about your own tactics not the oppositions. Let them try and nullify you.’

There is no right or wrong here

Its wrong to not enforce your own game plan on teams who are nowhere near us good, instead emery ****s the bed and other teams are able to enforce their game on us, dude needs to stop being so cowardly, save the over analysis for sides that are miles better like liverpool or city, currently emery makes most teams look better than us ffs

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Its wrong to not enforce your own game plan on teams who are nowhere near us good, instead emery ****s the bed and other teams are able to enforce their game on us, dude needs to stop being so cowardly, save the over analysis for sides that are miles better like liverpool or city, currently emery makes most teams look better than us ffs
Can there be something in between? Looks like we went from one extreme to the next...

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Ah, another one making sense. Systemic issues raising pressure on parts of the team leading to individual mistakes.

It's also no wonder Arsenal gets turned over once the game is seemingly decided, like against Watford. Once you release pressure on the opponent you give them opportunity. You gotta stay in the game.
Problem is the only way to stay in the game is controlling it... for that you need to move the ball around your midfield... if you do it with CB and FB like Emery does you are inviting opposition to pressure you so close to your goal that any miss could lead in a goal. You need to circulate the ball much much higher when you are winning. You don’t care if the foes close the pitch because you have the advantage.

Underhill

If we were to get rid of him around December, if things doesnt progress, who is available? Allegri obviously, but is there a more realistic name?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
EEo2cXjW4AASW9Y

This is apparently how you defend a one goal lead from the 64th minute against the bottom placed team like they are f*cking prime Barcelona

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn’t want him to come here and got spanked by dozens of excited posters calling me a troll. :lol: Anybody could do better than Wenger they said.

Now he’s here I’m giving him a chance.

How long does a chance last for you? Till December, the end of the season or give him the full three years?

Majority did give him time but the tide is turning with little improvement being made.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's also no wonder Arsenal gets turned over once the game is seemingly decided, like against Watford. Once you release pressure on the opponent you give them opportunity. You gotta stay in the game.
Top teams will usually hide the ball after they take the lead. High defence line with ball control is the best recipe for keeping the lead.
Emery does the exact opposite, starts playing from the back to invite pressure on his team, replacing attacking players with defensive and within 5 minutes we are pined to our 16 yards box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom