• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m having an argument/debate with my friend. Can you rank Mustafi, Senderos, Djourou, Silvestre, Cygan and Squillaci please? Pound for pound is Mustafi the absolute worst? I don’t think so, but because of the money we paid for him, I can see why people would say so.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’m having an argument/debate with my friend. Can you rank Mustafi, Senderos, Djourou, Silvestre, Cygan and Squillaci please? Pound for pound is Mustafi the absolute worst? I don’t think so, but because of the money we paid for him, I can see why people would say so.
Senderos was part of our stable defence in our CL final run, Djorou was mainly decent with occasional brainfart and Squid/Silvestre came here as veterans to collect some decent salary. It is a battle between Cygan and Mustafi and Mustafi would win it just because he had more opportunities to prove how bad he was.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Senderos was part of our stable defence in our CL final run, Djorou was mainly decent with occasional brainfart and Squid/Silvestre came here as veterans to collect some decent salary. It is a battle between Cygan and Mustafi and Mustafi would win it just because he had more opportunities to prove how bad he was.
I think Squillaci was the worse because he was a danger to himself and most importantly Koscienly. Remember when he head butted Koscienly for that Fulham goal.
I remember Djourou was one of the few defenders we had who could deal with Drogba, he had his brain fart moments but overall he was decent.
Cygan to me was just horrible
Silvestre was an informant sent in by Fergie to destroy us from the inside

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Tend to agree. Cygan was here 4 years and is probably the forgotten invincible. He was dominant in the air but slow and pretty bad in all other areas with no smarts to compensate for his shortcomings. He was never first choice either and cost very little. Mustafi is the very worst. He wasn't a hopeful punt and well get no positive return on our most expensive defensive investment.

nick gould

Mustafi is saying shall I start warming up guys. Apparently he wasn't the problem. I even remember the days when koscielny and vermaelen were utter garbage as a pair. The ac Milan game comes to mind. Koscielny became decent after we found him a partner who would hold his hand; per. Some of you will have forgotten. Per made koscielny look like the best defender in the league

We need that defender who will tell everyone what they should be doing on the pitch. It's all about combinations.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mustafi is saying shall I start warming up guys. Apparently he wasn't the problem. I even remember the days when koscielny and vermaelen were utter garbage as a pair. The ac Milan game comes to mind. Koscielny became decent after we found him a partner who would hold his hand; per. Some of you will have forgotten. Per made koscielny look like the best defender in the league

We need that defender who will tell everyone what they should be doing on the pitch. It's all about combinations.

I’ve been saying this for years, Koscielny has never been good unless partnered with Mertesacker. He was a liability otherwise not sure how he tricked so many fans into rating him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Chambers and Musti for Villa at home, Luiz as CM and bench Xhaka and Guendouzi.

Leno
Niles Chambers Musti Kolasinac
Torreira Luiz
Ceballos/Özil
Pepe Auba Ceballos/Özil

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mustafi wasn't the problem? I know we had a bad result but some of you are losing it.

Our defence is sh*t with or without Mustafi, he was just made into the scapegoat. Remember the EL final where Kos and Sokratis had 0/10 performances? No way Mustafi would’ve been worse than them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Tbh I think most grew tired of Mustafi seemingly blaming everyone but himself rather than the mistakes alone.
Yes, this is a key reason why people were quick to turn on him.. Yet it seems we have some imaginary torch that gets passed around the defenders and the holder is guaranteed to give away a stupid freekick, penalty or card..

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think it's time we faced the truth. He's our saviour and will come back to give us a 33 game cleansheat streak. EMERY OUT FAM

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Imagine if out of 19 he's the odd one out not making the match day squad.

(i know i'm dreaming, it'll be either Saka or ESR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom