• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

He didn't really get a free pass last season. When last season ended he was getting it from all corners. He blew the top four, blew the final etc. While he deserved some criticism for those, he inherited the 6th best side in the league, a very unbalanced squad.

The watford debacle was unacceptable. It was the first time where I even lost some confidence in Emery, so I don't blame people if they want him out now. I was talking about people wanting him out before this season even kicked off.

We had a good transfer window even if we haven't been able to field all our new signings yet. Which makes the lack of any progress even more damming. I will still give him till the end of the season, there is plenty of time to turn things around. He needs to do it fast though and now he hasn't got much room for any major setbacks.

He wasn't free from criticism completely no, for sure, there were performances that fell way short and of course people will be disappointed when you lose a major final BUT in my opinion for the most part the larger portion of the fanbase and media understood he was working with what he had available to him.

The pressure is on this season and rightly so.

The problem we have now is that he is in his last year of his contract so, we will come to January and be in a position where we are not only looking into the transfer market but also negotiating his contract / negotiating with replacements, ideally to maximise the window you want to be focused on playing staff not internal affairs, if the rest of the 1st half of the season is relatively poor i could see keeping our powder dry in the market and the focus shifting to the coaching role,

Unless the new structure means we do both, Edu and Raul still identify players that fit our remit/play style/ethos and we just slot a new coach into that regime and they either sink or swim

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So, you really are blaming Raul for our s**t season so far, aren't you.

We might start blaming blaming the tea lady soon FFS.

Our s**t football is on Emery, not on Raul. This is probably our best transfer window in a decade and the manager is playing s*it football yet you're blaming Raul.

I don't even know if you're on a wind-up at this point
Takes me bag to the Wenger day’s. People joining the forum to vent.

Go on call me a deluded ***** who knows nothing about football and tell me all about your infinite knowledge.

Like putting on a well worn slipper and stretching out by the fire. The hate is back.:eek:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People wanted wenger to go, he wanted wenger to stay

People wanted to give emery a chance, he didnt want emery

People want emery gone, he wants emery to stay

I see his game....
Yep, that’s my game, support out manager, don’t spew hate all over the forum, don’t over react.

He finished 5th last season, Klopp finished 8th and Mourinho 6th in their first seasons. So that’s good in my book as his team is cheaper too. So far he’s only lost one game to Liverpool and he’s joint 3rd.

Carry on panicking.

Pepes blue pill

Yep, that’s my game, support out manager, don’t spew hate all over the forum, don’t over react.

He finished 5th last season, Klopp finished 8th and Mourinho 6th in their first seasons. So that’s good in my book as his team is cheaper too. So far he’s only lost one game to Liverpool and he’s joint 3rd.

Carry on panicking.

No panicking, could just see that wenger was sadly finished here and now the football I have seen under emery is not just poor, but if it doesnt change we will miss out on top four...If he changes it then fair play but only way hes gonna do that is if he is under real pressure

Now, without only of the net spend bs excuse, tell me what you have seen that gives u confidence

Morning_woody

Carry on panicking.

Klopp knew what kind of football he wants to play from day one and worked on it, same with Mourinho.
I doubt anyone understands what kind of football Emery wants to play. Hell, Emery doesn't even know it. We were crap in both our away games this season, just like the season before. I don't see any improvement from last season at all.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People were way too quick to get on Emery's back. It happened as early as 4 or 5 months into his reign. Granted it seems to have gone worse lately and right now there are legitimate reasons for the backlash. This is probably how it is going to be with every new manager we get, give him 6 months, then if they don't like what they see, they will ask him to be sacked and start thinking of a new manager to replace him.

Same kind of thing is slowly starting with Pepe. After 5 games we already have the early murmurings of discontent, they aren't happy with what he has shown so far.

In both of these cases their predictions could turn out to be correct, something they predicted very early on. It still doesn't make it right in my eyes. It seems sometimes people are just a little too eager for things to go tits up.
That’s how football fans are. Very quick to criticise.

There was actually a really good 20 minute period in that Watford game. The goal came from an excellent 20 passing move that carved them apart. Very like the Sp**s game we won last year.

Sokratis gifting them a goal changed all that. Somehow the players are fragile and go to pieces, then things look awful as they lose their shape and confidence. This lack of confidence manifests itself in a general poor away form too.

It was like that in the last two years of Wenger. I put that down to all the pressure they were under from the rants and protests, but it’s continued under Emery. The club needs to work out what’s going on because it’s holding us back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club needs to work out what’s going on because it’s holding us back.

They hired a dud manager, it’s staring you in the face.

We have no attack, we have no style or system, we concede, we give away record breaking amount of shots, we collapsed last season, were clueless in the EL final, are clueless this season again. Starting line ups have been questionable ever since he got here, subs have been questionable since mid last season. Rumours the players are struggling with his methods and communication.

He’s doing so much wrong that it’s difficult to look elsewhere.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They hired a dud manager, it’s staring you in the face.

We have no attack, we have no style or system, we concede, we give away record breaking amount of shots, we collapsed last season, were clueless in the EL final, are clueless this season again. Starting line ups have been questionable ever since he got here, subs have been questionable since mid last season. Rumours the players are struggling with his methods and communication.

He’s doing so much wrong that it’s difficult to look elsewhere.
Not many dud managers do better than Klopp and Mourinho in their first season at an EPL club.

And while he’s in the top 4 I’m happy. If he starts to sink and drop mid-table, then we’ll need a change. Until then I’m not a natural panicker bro.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Anyway, as always people are over the top with their criticism. 5 games in we’re equal 3rd with 8 points, having only lost to Liverpool. The league is all about how you do over 38 games not 5.

My worry is how the media attention effects the players. They need to stay strong ready for the return of Bellerin and Tierney, which should have a reasonable impact.

Still expecting a top 4 finish and an improvement on last year. Remember Klopp’s first two seasons was 8th and 4th.
Comparing Klopp with Emery ... Klopp reached Top Level with Dortmund before and he actually had trash in Liverpool... and even today he has a midfield some people would never have in their teams with Henderson or Wiljnaldum... but more important they have a philosophy... we have the U turns!

yorch44

Not many dud managers do better than Klopp and Mourinho in their first season at an EPL club.

And while he’s in the top 4 I’m happy. If he starts to sink and drop mid-table, then we’ll need a change. Until then I’m not a natural panicker bro.
Hahahaha Klopp didn’t have PEA and Laca. Emery didn’t do better, PEA did better by himself scoring from nothing.

You don’t know about football. Have you been managed or in a semi or pro football team?

Even in a conference about football? You talk about knowing nothing about football... but I never see you to talk about it. You only talk about defending Emery and against people. If you want to defend him, do it! You could start explaining us about his tactics and how they are working. How they did work with PSG.

I only will tell you, the moment PEA get injured or tired of this team is the moment Emery will be over.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Comparing Klopp with Emery ... Klopp reached Top Level with Dortmund before and he actually had trash in Liverpool... and even today he has a midfield some people would never have in their teams with Henderson or Wiljnaldum... but more important they have a philosophy... we have the U turns!
Klopp then finished 7th in Bundesliga, why was that if he is so good? The answer he lost some key players.

There’s more to this football lark than this manager is brilliant, this manager is sh!t. Liverpool have assembled a superb squad with no holes. Our midfield and defence in comparison is inexperienced and rash.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Hahahaha Klopp didn’t have PEA and Laca. Emery didn’t do better, PEA did better by himself scoring from nothing.

You don’t know about football. Have you been managed or in a semi or pro football team?

Even in a conference about football? You talk about knowing nothing about football... but I never see you to talk about it. You only talk about defending Emery and against people. If you want to defend him, do it! .
:lol: Yes bro, I’m a just a fan and you’re and expert.

yorch44

Klopp then finished 7th in Bundesliga, why was that if he is so good? The answer he lost some key players.

There’s more to this football lark than this manager is brilliant, this manager is sh!t. Liverpool have assembled a superb squad with no holes. Our midfield and defence in comparison is inexperienced and rash.
People who don’t know about football always think like that... players players players.

They never understand that the manager is more important than what you think. Problem is not the results... of you have good players they will get points by themselves (like PEA does) problem is the the way the team plays.

That’s what you don’t get, this team does not have a way, a system or philosophy. And that’s not the players fault. Hell he doesn’t even have a formation or first 11 after 50 games.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Recognising we are a season and a bit in with no discernible style, poor results and no progress towards something identifiable as a cohesive team is not panic

yorch44

:lol: Yes bro, I’m a just a fan and you’re and expert.
At least I played and trained at some level. And yes, I understand some of football from inside the pitch. Training under a manager who knows about football changes you... a manager can kill a player/team or raise it.

It’s out of my mind pro players in BPL are not capable of playing the basics. Of course they can... but they have no training or instructions. Not all the players read the game like Lampard did by himself... most players needs someone to direct them, and it’s Ok that’s why you have a manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak

How long you going to bang on about Klopp finishing 8th?

This while continuously ignoring Klopp implemented his style pretty early which yielded results and performances in big games straight away.

No one would be questioning Emery if we could track some sort of plan or improvement.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not sure if this has already been posted...
Good article from Tim Stillman

In their passiveness, Arsenal invite pressure and that usually means inviting shots on their goal. His Gunners side rarely dominate through possession or draw the sting from a game by keeping the ball in the opposition’s most intimate quarters. Put simply, they don’t stress opponents enough which in turn, encourages opponents to apply stress to them.
This has created an economies of scale effect. Everyone knows that if they go behind against Arsenal, they can commit numbers forward without fear of leaving space in behind them. It’s not just that the team’s shots against numbers are high, their own shots on goal totals are consistently low. It is baffling that a squad so obviously frontloaded with talent is so often asked to adopt a conservative, stand-offish stance

https://arseblog.com/2019/09/shots-fired/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom