• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fearlessness is a useful quality in the young and Saka has that in spades. Really used his acceleration to great effect tonight and showed a real aptitude in the final 3rd when playing passes and crosses. There was real conviction behind actions.

He has definitely put himself firmly in the conversation for much more first team involvement.

Somewhat related but I'm unimpressed with the Nelson comparisons - both are very talented but one is low on confidence and needs support. If - God forbid - Saka loses that confidence temporarily, will the fans turn on him the same way? Let's celebrate Sakas great game without ****ting on another of our great young talents.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fearlessness is a useful quality in the young and Saka has that in spades. Really used his acceleration to great effect tonight and showed a real aptitude in the final 3rd when playing passes and crosses. There was real conviction behind actions.

He has definitely put himself firmly in the conversation for much more first team involvement.

Somewhat related but I'm unimpressed with the Nelson comparisons - both are very talented but one is low on confidence and needs support. If - God forbid - Saka loses that confidence temporarily, will the fans turn on him the same way? Let's celebrate Sakas great game without ****ting on another of our great young talents.

Modern football mate, what have you done for me lately x10000.

Nelson is already yesterday’s man at 19 ffs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was saying at 1st half he was really all over the place understandable because it's his 1st game at top level the 2nd half was amazing.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Jeorge Bird made a good point about Saka preferring to play on the left and Nelson on the right. They both like to go on the outside and whip crosses in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did you follow the match day thread?

18 year old Saka was getting murdered in that thread. Even a certain mod was chipping in with some negative stuff about him.
I was watching on my phone because macbook is ****ed so no match thread. I didn't know the consensus was that he was bad in the 1st half. I though ESR was bad in the 1st, not Saka. But ESR is not quite match fit yet, his fundamentals were still all intact otherwise so more than enough time for him. We've got some good kids man. Just gotta get behind em.

Modern football mate, what have you done for me lately x10000.

Nelson is already yesterday’s man at 19 ffs.
It's so frustrating.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Did you follow the match day thread?

18 year old Saka was getting murdered in that thread. Even a certain mod was chipping in with some negative stuff about him.

In a way I do think it’s best for these kids to be on loan. People expect consistent first team level performances from these guys and it’s just unfair. Setting them up for failure.

Chambers was chucked in way too early and it damaged him imo. Hopefully we sort an Eddie type loan out for a few of the youngsters next year.

They need to develop their games week in week out away from the mountains of pressure.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jeorge Bird made a good point about Saka preferring to play on the left and Nelson on the right. They both like to go on the outside and whip crosses in.
Nah Nelson's typecasted that way even though he prefers to cut in and shoot. Nelsons preferred position honestly is AM/#10 but he can play that position on the right well enough, just as long as he plays up high enough with the ball.

In a way I do think it’s best for these kids to be on loan. People expect consistent first team level performances from these guys and it’s just unfair. Setting them up for failure.

Chambers was chucked in way too early and it damaged him imo. Hopefully we sort an Eddie type loan out for a few of the youngsters next year.

They need to develop their games week in week out away from the mountains of pressure.

I don't share the opinion about the loans. Specially with the best talents at the club. But that is probably just because we have had so many bad loans in recent years. Hopefully Nketiah at Leeds can change that!

I think EL group stages is perfect stage to test a few of them at the time and I feel the fans shouldn't be to much focused on their performances but more that they are getting game time, in most cases way ahead than they should be getting, which should be beneficial!

Its vital we use the time in EL to develop these youngsters, which we seems to be start doing! Because when we get back in CL it won't be the same! Maybe that is where a stronger loans will come into play!

9jagooner

But why should fans not be focused on their performance? The first team in any competition especially at this time in Arsenal's history, is not for tests. Every game matters. Saka did well today I'm the second half but he's fortunate Martinez was at his top game today because if Frankfurt had scored those goals in the first half, Saka would have been one of the scape goats.

I'm a fan of the youngsters. I want to see them prosper especially at the club and I know from experience that treating them with kid gloves won't work. They must see every opportunity given as a chance to show they deserve to play based on their quality not just because their from Hale End. That's what transforms youngsters into champions

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Gotta be pushing Nelson though, I'm sure the competition will benefit them both, that LW spot is there for the taking. good for rotation and some non-PL or home games

I've not been impressed with Nelson in the PL and he was my favourite young player a year ago. Saka has to be given a PL chance, that short pass with the outside of his boot for Auba's goal was so cool and the goal, well, that was cooler than cool.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A very good 90 minutes. He was probably nervous to begin with but he grew in to the game and got better. He knows what his strengths are and he played to them which shows intelligence and a maturity beyond his years. He will have dips but he showcased his ability tonight.

Keplaz

He played within himself first half and came into life in the second. I've always rated him but always thought he'd do better at fullback.

He didn't seem as silky as Amaechi. More like kick and run type dribbling, which I thought was more suited to running with the ball from deep. I was very impressed by his goal and the awareness in the final third. Put in his some beautiful crosses too. Very well played

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
But why should fans not be focused on their performance? The first team in any competition especially at this time in Arsenal's history, is not for tests. Every game matters. Saka did well today I'm the second half but he's fortunate Martinez was at his top game today because if Frankfurt had scored those goals in the first half, Saka would have been one of the scape goats.

I'm a fan of the youngsters. I want to see them prosper especially at the club and I know from experience that treating them with kid gloves won't work. They must see every opportunity given as a chance to show they deserve to play based on their quality not just because their from Hale End. That's what transforms youngsters into champions

This is exactly how I see it too. I love to see a youngster break through, I really do, but they have to contribute something while they are on the pitch. I'm not expecting them to be amazing or assist or even score. Just a glimpse of their potential is enough. The cream always rises to the top anyway.

This is exactly how I see it too. I love to see a youngster break through, I really do, but they have to contribute something while they are on the pitch. I'm not expecting them to be amazing or assist or even score. Just a glimpse of their potential is enough. The cream always rises to the top anyway.

I just fail to see the point in posts like "he don't belong here", "he is not ready", "sell him", etc and stuff like that. Its EL group stages, its perfect chance to give young players a game time way ahead of their go time. We should be more understanding of that!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fearlessness is a useful quality in the young
I genuinely think it’s the single most important attribute required for a young player breaking through. It can literally make or break a career.

Inb4 sell Lacazette/Auba and start Saka.

Either one of them should be sold. But the main reason for that is that we shouldn't be starting them together and neither will be happy on the bench. Given form we sell Laca. He seems to want to leave anyway so he might ask for that next summer.

Getting youngsters to take over is just romantic and beautiful. I will write a poem in my native language about it when it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom