• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did you follow the match day thread?

18 year old Saka was getting murdered in that thread. Even a certain mod was chipping in with some negative stuff about him.
I don’t think there’s an issue with calling a spade a spade, especially in the heat of the moment.

If somebody is playing crap then they’re playing crap regardless of age/fitness, right?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I just fail to see the point in posts like "he don't belong here", "he is not ready", "sell him", etc and stuff like that. Its EL group stages, its perfect chance to give young players a game time way ahead of their go time. We should be more understanding of that!

I don't agree with those posts too. Atleast not when these are posted before the player has had a decent chance to show what they can do.

EL, League cup and even some FA cup games we should be playing a lot of the youngsters. It will be harder to give them a lot of minutes in the League. But even then if you score or put in a promising performance like Saka did today, you probably will even get some minutes in the league too depending on injuries or suspensions.

I don’t think there’s an issue with calling a spade a spade, especially in the heat of the moment.

If somebody is playing crap then they’re playing crap regardless of age/fitness, right?

If someone is taking their first steps you try to understand why he is playing badly. But Saka wasn't even playing badly, he had some cool ideas that didn't come off and was getting attacked for it constantly.

But yeah its alright. But why spend your time on youngsters when the seniors are playing even worse I never get. And I would also add that senior playing well helps the youngster more than youngster playing well helping the senior. So I would use my full force on the clowngang in the squad rather than on our future!

Ashybashy86

Jeorge Bird made a good point about Saka preferring to play on the left and Nelson on the right. They both like to go on the outside and whip crosses in.
It's a good point. I seem to remember him playing well in a pre-season game against Benfica. Their left back just couldn't deal with him. Got an assist that day if remember correctly. His assist for Laca against Chelsea in pre-season a couple of years ago also came from the right. I guess he's just more in his element on that side.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If someone is taking their first steps you try to understand why he is playing badly
Yeah I agree, but there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging if they are playing badly.

Why don’t you adopt your approach to Pepe? You’ve already said he will be dross in a few seasons.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Admittedly he was poor the first half but he grew into the game showed his qualities. One thing I like is how direct and willing he was to take on players. Even if he lost the ball he kept being direct. That’s probably the best thing you can do when playing in an open game like today. Just be direct and something might come off.

Yeah I agree, but there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging if they are playing badly.

Why don’t you adopt your approach to Pepe? You’ve already said he will be dross in a few seasons.

24 year old. Thats senior player in my books. 80 M player. If no 15/15 goal/assists this season then its failure. Bang average player by the looks of it so far. Barely an improvement on Mikitaryan.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
People writing of Pepe, writings on the wall for that :D

Bukayo, keep it up kid. World is your oyster.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

24 year old. Thats senior player in my books. 80 M player. If no 15/15 goal/assists this season then its failure. Bang average player by the looks of it so far. Barely an improvement on Mikitaryan.
Adapting to a new league is not as tough as adapting to first team football but it still is a challenge.

Picking and choosing to suit your preferences mate.

Ashybashy86

Barely an improvement on Iwobi either so far. Of course we need to give him time because we don't really have a choice. It's looking like he'll need a tap-in to get his first goal. Hopefully he scores soon and it helps with his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom