• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbig

Yeah, he must feel right at home facing 30 shots a game. Its like he never left Reading.
At least it'll keep him sharp and focus throughout.

Remember reading somewhere that goalkeepers from top teams sometimes make mistakes because they zone out due to lack of action. That would explain why we used to let in so many goals with just 1-2 shots on target. :lol:

Wengysaurus

Great commanding performance, very noticeable. If he can consistently perform like that he should be number 1.

nick gould

I told you all, Emi’s the real deal. Guy’s a top quality keeper.

I genuinely think he’s in with a shot of getting ahead of Leno this year, who’s no mug either.
To think we had a Chelsea employee play in goal for us in the final when we had such a fine looking goalkeeper is criminal. We should have used Emi as our cup goalkeeper last season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Impressed me. Kept us in it on a couple of occasions. Not the best keeper but I am not unhappy about this lad and I think he likes it here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To think we had a Chelsea employee play in goal for us in the final when we had such a fine looking goalkeeper is criminal. We should have used Emi as our cup goalkeeper last season.

The loan made him tbf, his development skyrocketed playing for Reading.

If he was hanging about as third choice he’d have been out the door this summer I reckon.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
At least it'll keep him sharp and focus throughout.

Remember reading somewhere that goalkeepers from top teams sometimes make mistakes because they zone out due to lack of action. That would explain why we used to let in so many goals with just 1-2 shots on target. :lol:
So you're saying having the team face 30 shots a game is actually a well planned strategy by Emery? Whoda thought?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, he must feel right at home facing 30 shots a game. Its like he never left Reading.
:lol: This gave me a chuckle this morning but it's somewhat true. He said in his post match interview that he feels much less pressure in the Arsenal goal now compared to fighting relegation for Reading where every save counts and it's a real fight for clean sheets and survival. It's normal enough for him now that he knows what it takes to have to fight for a win. That's invaluable experience.

It definitely lends credence to the idea of doing more loans. Just making sure they're the right team and the experience gained to be sufficient. Nketiah going to Leeds is a perfect loan spell and I dont regret us sending him there even with Lacas injury. Leeds promotion hopes could live and die on his goals at the end of the day. If Bamford doesn't turn up, Nketiah is the perfect person to have.

Martinez going to Reading may have given him a real pathway to success at Arsenal, even with a resurgent Bernd Leno in front of him.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
If he gets chances this year he’s going to smash it

I seriously think that if Leno isn’t careful there could be a serious threat to his place from Emi.
After his performance Thursday, this post looks prophetic. He made a save, in the 2nd I believe, lunging to his side and eating the rebound up. I caught myself thinking Leno probably would’ve spilled it for a tap-in. Emi is looking great.

9jagooner

Emi proves my point that going on loan can be so much better than sitting on the bench waiting for the odd game. He has greatly improved. I remember the 7-5 win against Reading some years ago where he conceded some awful goals. He's grown in leaps and bounds. Reading fans loved him last season.

We need to be careful though. He was fantastic for Reading but when he made mistakes which were far in between, they were really bad ones. Just thought I'd say that knowing how we pounce on players mistakes on this forum

Preacher

Always Crying
EFfJfnbXYAIgkth.jpg

Martínez has been named in the Argentina squad for their games next month. Chance to make debut in senior squad. Deserved.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Must be so Hard to be a keeper. If the no1 doesnt make mistakes ur never gonna get a chance really. Cant really sub in gks

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He has to be in the reckoning soon. I'd be trying to keep my nerves in check if I were Leno. He could be one high profile slip away from a mysterious injury...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Must be so Hard to be a keeper. If the no1 doesnt make mistakes ur never gonna get a chance really. Cant really sub in gks
Keeping upbeat must be very hard when you know you've got what it takes and you're No.2. Requires a completely different way of how you plan your career, I suspect.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Keeping upbeat must be very hard when you know you've got what it takes and you're No.2. Requires a completely different way of how you plan your career, I suspect.
Yeah, 27, 70 matches played. White unreal tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom