• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He can meet objectives but we can still acknowledge he's not the man to take us to the next level hence why we'd need to move on. I'd say at this stage it take something extraordinary for him to do enough to warrant getting a new contract or anything like that. Like convincingly finish 3rd and win the EL, maybe even the FA Cup or something like that. Basically the team would have to be unrecognisable from how disorganised and unbalanced it's looking at this particular time.

Personally the attractive football part doesn't bother me too much, I'm just look for us to be more convincing. If we only win games 1 or 2-0 then that's fine by me as long as it's not end-to-end life and death vs sides we shouldn't be conceding loads of chances to. For that reason it's why I'm such pro-Allegri and Mourinho.
Not sure what you’re thinking the next level is bro. But there’s no way in hell at the moment we’re anywhere near challenging City and Pool with this current midfield and CBs.

You could have the best manager in the Universe in charge from planet Zarg and we’d still be gift wrapping goals for the opposition.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The issue is not that his football is hard to watch, though I don't like that part either.

What is his plan? Simeone's football is dreadful to watch, but you know he has his defence organised. Does Emery? Can he take us to the title some day?

teamsoutheast

The issue is not that his football is hard to watch, though I don't like that part either.

What is his plan? Simeone's football is dreadful to watch, but you know he has his defence organised. Does Emery? Can he take us to the title some day?

But has he been given the chance to build HIS defence yet? We have signed Saliba and Tierney which are the early parts of the jigsaw but he'll need another season to complete it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
But has he been given the chance to build HIS defence yet? We have signed Saliba and Tierney which are the early parts of the jigsaw but he'll need another season to complete it.
With all due respect to Saliba, painting him as the answer is a bit much. I seriously doubt he'll be that good in one year. He's a great prospect, but he can not fix this defence.

Our issue is more than just personnel. The shots we concede are not because Mustafi and Luiz are cack, they're because we're set up that way. Simeone teams also concede quite a few shots, but there's a huge difference between their shots conceded and ours. Most of theirs are from outside the box with a player getting frustrated at finding no way through. Most of ours are because Emery has the midfield high up the pitch trying a very unsuccessful press.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Luiz and Sokrstis are his new defense. He had Nacho and has Bellerin as well.

Other than Xhaka, Hector and Lacazette it's a whole new team.

A lot of the critiscim also comes from the fact that a) he supposedly had a plan for each of our players b) he supposedly does extensive video scouting and c) he that Marca interview where he said we needed more stably and structure.

Take all that in consideration and you can see where the critiscim and notion that we have regressed as a team, particularly in defense, while having upgraded a number of positions, comes from.

No new Arsenal manager is going to get that luxury. It's why we now call them Head Coaches and give them a 2+1 contract. It's why we've brought Edu on board.

Emery himself said he's not here for the long run IIRC.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

We play like we have no plan in defense.

We often play like we don't know what to do in attack.

We play out from the back when we seem to be struggling to manage it

#EmeryOut

teamsoutheast

Luiz and Sokrstis are his new defense. He had Nacho and has Bellerin as well.

Other than Xhaka, Hector and Lacazette it's a whole new team.

A lot of the critiscim also comes from the fact that a) he supposedly had a plan for each of our players b) he supposedly does extensive video scouting and c) he that Marca interview where he said we needed more stably and structure.

Take all that in consideration and you can see where the critiscim and notion that we have regressed as a team, particularly in defense, while having upgraded a number of positions, comes from.

No new Arsenal manager is going to get that luxury. It's why we now call them Head Coaches and give them a 2+1 contract. It's why we've brought Edu on board.

Emery himself said he's not here for the long run IIRC.

How have we regressed defensively? I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion after 5 league games. Luiz was a short term solution and not 1st choice IMO and Sokratis is 31 now and will slowly be phased out in the long term. I can see arsenal going back for Upamecano in January with the possibility of seeing Holding/Upamecano/Luiz and Saliba as our main CB's next season. I would like to see how Emery performs with HIS preferred defence.

teamsoutheast

We play like we have no plan in defense.

We often play like we don't know what to do in attack.

We play out from the back when we seem to be struggling to manage it

#EmeryOut

Based on last night's performance we actually did all 3 of the above pretty well.

teamsoutheast

With all due respect to Saliba, painting him as the answer is a bit much. I seriously doubt he'll be that good in one year. He's a great prospect, but he can not fix this defence.

Our issue is more than just personnel. The shots we concede are not because Mustafi and Luiz are cack, they're because we're set up that way. Simeone teams also concede quite a few shots, but there's a huge difference between their shots conceded and ours. Most of theirs are from outside the box with a player getting frustrated at finding no way through. Most of ours are because Emery has the midfield high up the pitch trying a very unsuccessful press.

We look like we are trying to variate our game and play a more counter attacking style. Yes it looks a bit rusty, and I agree we do look a bit clueless tactically at times, but won't that improve over the course of the season? I thought fans wanted a manager who could variate our play when needed?? 3-0 AWAY (i'm citing our poor away record here), to last year's semi finalists is a pretty good result and although we conceded alot of shots, we looked very good on the break (see willocks goal). I'll also add we won the ball high up the pitch which resulted in Aubameyang's goal, (See Saka winning the ball).

Give it time I say.....

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
All the people who think emery enters games with no plan:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

El Duderino

How have we regressed defensively? I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion after 5 league games. Luiz was a short term solution and not 1st choice IMO and Sokratis is 31 now and will slowly be phased out in the long term. I can see arsenal going back for Upamecano in January with the possibility of seeing Holding/Upamecano/Luiz and Saliba as our main CB's next season. I would like to see how Emery performs with HIS preferred defence.

It's not after 5 league games, it's after a season and cahnge, mate. The way we've been defending has been the same since the catastrophic clusterfuck that was our top 4 run in last season.

Also, he is never getting HIS defense. No new Arsenal Head Coach will unless they decide to only focus on it and not sign other players for other positions.

I've seen enough mediocre performance from him to know that it's just not worth picking up the 1 year extension on his contract at the end of the season.

The football is dreadful and with zero identity, and the team is just not organized or drilled well enough to make said dreadful football a valid excuse.

We just don't dominate games anymore, what we saw at Watford has been par for the course with Emery's Arsenal.

Iceman10

Established Member
Also, he is never getting HIS defense. No new Arsenal Head Coach will unless they decide to only focus on it and not sign other players for other positions

We've just emerged from a transfer window where many of our fans fell in love with Raul where he became a cult-like figure. That was for his activity in the transfer market, not Emery, so the logic in what you write here is unfair on Emery, imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can’t remember the last game we truly dominated, maybe Napoli at home.

Even though we’ve won a few games after that we’ve barely been in control.

El Duderino

We've just emerged from a transfer window where many of our fans fell in love with Raul where he became a cult-like figure. That was for his activity in the transfer market, not Emery, so the logic in what you write here is unfair on Emery, imo.

But it's going to be that way for any new Arsenal Head Coach, it's why the whole thing was restructured in the first place. Plus with what funds we have, we will always have to prioritize one player over the other, just as we did with Pepe and ended up with Luiz. Added to that, I think the fact that we're not going for his players, might mean that upper management don't see him here past this season as well.

New coaches will have input and requests, but they're not guaranteed to get what they want if Raul and Edu deem it a bad buy.

This is made even more difficult by Emery since he has no defined style for his Arsenal team, so it's hard to get HIS defense or HIS players in to make it HIS team.

El Duderino

You can count those games in one hand, I think.

Napoli, Valencia (after a very rocky start), Leicester, Fullham, maybe that Tottenham game? There's probably a couple more to make it two hands, but that's what, 10-15% of all the games he's managed for us?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Please don't try and use the Frankfurt result as a huge miracle. Wenger would have won the game 3-0 or 4-0 as well, without us looking this bad.

The point of Emery was to be better than Wenger. If we're going to just get the same results like Emery is getting, might as well play Wengerball and actually be fun to watch.

Iceman10

Established Member
But it's going to be that way for any new Arsenal Head Coach, it's why the whole thing was restructured in the first place. Plus with what funds we have, we will always have to prioritize one player over the other, just as we did with Pepe and ended up with Luiz. Added to that, I think the fact that we're not going for his players, might mean that upper management don't see him here past this season as well.

New coaches will have input and requests, but they're not guaranteed to get what they want if Raul and Edu deem it a bad buy.

This is made even more difficult by Emery since he has no defined style for his Arsenal team, so it's hard to get HIS defense or HIS players in to make it HIS team.

Understand your points, but all I'm saying really is it is far more legitimate to critique Emery for training, tactics, selections, in-game management, etc. than transfer activity.

imo, priority focus should be on what we do when out of possession. So far this season I've seen the team go into lulls for long periods of games where there is no pressing, we back off and look lethargic, and the opposition is allowed loads of space to run at our defence. Our players need to know what is expected of them, and imo they need to be trained and managed harder to be more intense/dynamic over the 90 minutes. Might seem demanding, but the long periods of lethargy I've seen just do not happen with Liverpool, City, and Sp**s. Even many individual errors are possibly an energy/focus issue, not just one of a player being cr*p.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Takes me bag to the Wenger day’s. People joining the forum to vent.

Go on call me a deluded ***** who knows nothing about football and tell me all about your infinite knowledge.

Like putting on a well worn slipper and stretching out by the fire. The hate is back.:eek:
I didn't tell you my opinion was superior to yours. Infact, those fans who were calling for Emery to be sacked, you called them knee-jerk fans. From your post, you're the one who act superior and think everyone is a lesser fan than you are

So let me get this straight, so I can't criticize our manager for playing s*** football. If I do, I'm venting. Are you sure you're not an opposition fan?

You're blaming Raul for our s**t football, I called you out on it, you're calling me a hater.

The sad part is, I don't think you believe this stuff you're saying, you're probably saying it to annoy people.

My hypothesis is that You were probably annoyed that Wenger was sacked, so your own weird version of justice is by trying to annoy those who wanted wenger gone by supporting our current manager, even though you know he's probably not the right manager for us.

I'm relatively a new arsenal supporter (since 2005). Since that time time, I have never seen us play football as ugly as this, Couple with the fact that we gift-wrap chances to our opponents every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom