• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 6

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pundit : what does Maddison have to do to get the England shirt from Southgate?

Joe Cole: just give him the shirt

People like Joe Cole need to be part of the England set up.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You think? If anything you'd think he was a Sven target given he was playing in the Bundesliga. We probably opted for Sokratis instead as Caglar ended up costing quite a bit.
Yup
Speaking to Turkish-Football, Dogru said: "Sven Mislintat has been keen on Caglar since he was at Borussia Dortmund. He first scouted him back in Germany. Sven is interested in Caglar.

There are concrete talks, all that remains is for a fee to be agreed. We will see what happens next.
https://www.90min.com/fr/posts/6084...rsenal-have-held-concrete-talks-over-defender

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Maybe, I thought Sven trusted Sokratis and went for experience over potential at the time.

It's somewhat of a similar case to Luiz/Upamecano imo.

We probably wanted both. But ended up signing the experienced one instead given how much the younger one cost. In these scenarios I don't blame the club for going with experience.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's somewhat of a similar case to Luiz/Upamecano imo.

We probably wanted both. But ended up signing the experienced one instead given how much the younger one cost. In these scenarios I don't blame the club for going with experience.

Neither, people also assume we’ll get him in Jan and have a pairing of Saliba and Upa next year, as good as they could be 0 PL games and aged what 21 and 19?

Luiz and Holding next year probably.

Iceman10

Established Member
btw, @yousif_arsenal, I consider Son to be a good player, but I do think Sp**s can look back at some chances where Kane should have done better and also regarding Son, he will have to be a little careful, imo, because at times in this one it seemed to me that his eyes only seemed to be on goal and not so much on teamwork and linking up / teeing up of other players where that was perhaps a better option.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We were after him and all but that homeless stench Sven thought otherwise.

Söyüncü cost twice the money Sokratis did and he had a horrible, horrible first season at Leicester. Pretty clear Arsenal wanted someone a) cheaper and b) established and experienced to reinforce the backline, which made sense at the time given Koscielny's age and injury woes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Söyüncü cost twice the money Sokratis did and he had a horrible, horrible first season at Leicester. Pretty clear Arsenal wanted someone a) cheaper and b) established and experienced to reinforce the backline, which made sense at the time given Koscielny's age and injury woes.

Yeah ofc, I’m not arguing the decision. It was correct.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
In fact it was because of Mislintat that we were interested in the first place :lol:

Someone then must've suggested a more experienced option (and cheaper) so he went for Sokratis. At the end of the day, Mislintat was just a head scout, he couldn't sign the players he wanted. That's why he wanted to become Technical Director.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Did he even play for the first team at all last season? Can't remember a single game.

Top Bottom