• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
As good as Chambers has been last couple games can't help but think when he's up against the pace of James it could be a sh*t show.

Still have nightmares over the Jefferson Montero fiasco. Was that really 5 years ago?

That's how you know you're getting old, when 5 years ago seems like last year :facepalm:

5 years done in the blink of an eye

Sanchez had just joined the club. Hëccy was yet to have his breakthrough. Coquelin was about to have his after Charlton spell. Welbz injuries hadn't kicked in yet.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Someone called this game El Sackico and I think that's pretty accurate
As much as some here and elsewhere feel he is close to going the Villa result has earned him some breathing room. And no manager should face the boot playing United away from home.

He will be given time to get his defence on the pitch. Then we lurch from October to November with his preferred 11 available and hopefully an upturn in results and form. If we still wobble and concede chance after chance then the writing will be on the wall for December IMO.

I really want Chambers to start. There may be no link at all probably none but the three games he has started weve kept a clean sheet. Whereas Sokratis and Luiz have both contributed mistakes. He really deserves a run of games.

If United win, United will be at 19 points since child smiling murderer took over and Emery will have 21 points in the same time.

This really is a six pointer for Emery!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We haven't win there since 2006 in the league this is so f**king long we got close few times but we f**ked up it's perfect time to play them they off form and injures

depends on emery but i would like Holding and Tierney start here Torreira Guendouzi Özil/Ceballos.

Leno
Chambers Holding Luiz Tierney
Torreira Guendouzi
Pepe Özil/Ceballos Saka/Nelson
Auba

but i'm expecting
Leno
Chambers Sokratis Luiz Kola
Xhaka Guendouzi
Pepe Ceballos Saka
Auba

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
As much as some here and elsewhere feel he is close to going the Villa result has earned him some breathing room. And no manager should face the boot playing United away from home.

He will be given time to get his defence on the pitch. Then we lurch from October to November with his preferred 11 available and hopefully an upturn in results and form. If we still wobble and concede chance after chance then the writing will be on the wall for December IMO.

I really want Chambers to start. There may be no link at all probably none but the three games he has started weve kept a clean sheet. Whereas Sokratis and Luiz have both contributed mistakes. He really deserves a run of games.
Vinai coming out and making some statements about Emery i think says something. Usually those kinds of comments are made when they acknowledge there's a fire to be put out. In modern football things change very quickly. Arsenal fans will have to get used to it.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I was thinking AMN was banned for this after his red but realised he served it last night. I think I would still put Chambers in ahead of him.

Leno

Chambers Sokratis Holding Kola

Guendouzi Torreira Willock

Pepe Auba Saka

Hopefully Tierney and Bellerin get some off the bench too if tactics allow.

Ewarwoowar

If Emery is a little bit adventurous and not park the bus we'll do them 1-3 and I hope Holding skins rat boy Lingards pelt.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I was thinking AMN was banned for this after his red but realised he served it last night. I think I would still put Chambers in ahead of him.

Leno

Chambers Sokratis Holding Kola

Guendouzi Torreira Willock

Pepe Auba Saka

Hopefully Tierney and Bellerin get some off the bench too if tactics allow.
Niles will be injured anyway.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not really, for Emery, far from being sacked.

Utd and their fans are on edge though.
Who's united going to get as a replacement, Gary Neville? No manager in his right mind will take over this thin squad.

Anyway we will probably lose in a spectacular fashion and give Ole an extra three months.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Niles will be injured anyway.

Is he though? He got carried off on a stretcher but there’s been two press conferences now where Emery hasn’t even mentioned he’s injured.

Haven’t seen an update from the club either while they’ve been good recently at telling us about any injuries in the squad.

People on Twitter saying he faked an injury to try and avoid a second yellow :lol:

Ewarwoowar

Bellerin apparently wanted to play 90 versus forest.

Unai responded on his readiness-
"Maybe in his mind yes, but we need to listen to the doctor and the doctor wants to do it progressively"

Unai Emery

“We are going to play a lot of matches and tonight was his first 15 minutes (with us), which is really important,” Emery said.

“He wanted to play 90 and yesterday he told me he’s ready and wanted to play, but we decided to give him less minutes than 90.

“He played with the under-23s on Friday and also they are the first matches for him.

“We need to do it progressively and the doctor said to us that we are going to do it like that.”

However, Arsenal do now have a few days to rest players ahead of their match against Manchester United on Monday.

And when Emery was asked about the likelihood of Bellerin playing the entire 90 minutes at Old Trafford next week, the manager admitted it was doubtful.

“I think no,” Emery said.

Bellerin apparently wanted to play 90 versus forest.

Unai responded on his readiness-
"Maybe in his mind yes, but we need to listen to the doctor and the doctor wants to do it progressively"

Unai Emery

“We are going to play a lot of matches and tonight was his first 15 minutes (with us), which is really important,” Emery said.

“He wanted to play 90 and yesterday he told me he’s ready and wanted to play, but we decided to give him less minutes than 90.

“He played with the under-23s on Friday and also they are the first matches for him.

“We need to do it progressively and the doctor said to us that we are going to do it like that.”

However, Arsenal do now have a few days to rest players ahead of their match against Manchester United on Monday.

And when Emery was asked about the likelihood of Bellerin playing the entire 90 minutes at Old Trafford next week, the manager admitted it was doubtful.

“I think no,” Emery said.

I think the players always want to play! But like @Beksl pointed out somewhere else on this forum. The longer you wait get going again after ACL the better!

Hopefully the manager and the medical team stand firm on how long Bellerin needs to wait for his full 90 minutes and not let Bellerin him self control when it will happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom