• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steps

Absolutely awful haircut he is sporting. Starting to look like Iwobi and that is no one you want to emulate.

Also, if you're like me and you missed it, here is a highlight video of the match.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This guy has the potential to be the most hated academy player after AMN and Iwobi. Everything he needs is there but will just **** his pants when we need him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Started so well and faded after the injury but popped up in the last minutes with a goal. I saw a lot more from Reiss last night than I have before.

GoonerBoy19

I don't know but he looks to restrict himself on pitch while playing for Arsenal. He is a different player while playing for England u21. He should emulate himself more like Raheem Sterling and not Alex Iwobi. For now he looks more like Iwobi.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My boy reiss held it down yesterday, one of our most dangerous looking players...
Felt he faded in and out of the game and he was unfortunate actually. First 15 minutes him and Willock were just owning it together. Then ESR picked up an injury and that forced the switch which seemed to stunt Nelson's confidence periodically. Was happy to see him pop up in patches but I still feel he can offer much more. I was disappointed for him (not in him) because I felt like the injury (to ESR) really came at a bad time for Nelson

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Felt he faded in and out of the game and he was unfortunate actually. First 15 minutes him and Willock were just owning it together. Then ESR picked up an injury and that forced the switch which seemed to stunt Nelson's confidence periodically. Was happy to see him pop up in patches but I still feel he can offer much more. I was disappointed for him (not in him) because I felt like the injury (to ESR) really came at a bad time for Nelson

This fading in and out of games and/or having difficulties partaking in them was evident at Hoffenheim already. He's got to leave his mark on games more. Don't know if it's confidence or concentration or what, but he needs to work on that cause he's a good player actually.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This fading in and out of games and/or having difficulties partaking in them was evident at Hoffenheim already. He's got to leave his mark on games more. Don't know if it's confidence or concentration or what, but he needs to work on that cause he's a good player actually.
I know what you mean but it felt a bit different on Tuesday. To me it looked like he was heading for a brilliant showing and the switch came at the exact most inopportune moment for him.
I get what you mean though. They need to take these chances and if things like that completely change the plans, they need to adapt. My point is that the switch was never the initial plan and he seemed to be confident when we were not forced to change to plan B

progman07

Established Member
This guy has the potential to be the most hated academy player after AMN and Iwobi. Everything he needs is there but will just **** his pants when we need him.
Nah, his free kick was such a quality one, you would never imagine Iwobi taking one of those in his career. Iwobi had the physique and touch, but Nelson has, or seems to have that final third quality which is needed to reach top level.

Of course, mentality and luck will decide afterall anyways.

say yes

forum master baiter
Really want it to work out, but I just don’t see it with Nelson.

Doesn’t seem to be able to make an impact on games at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom