• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal-vs-Standard-Liege.jpg

Games coming thick and thin right now, only three days after a huge away game we’ve got a home game against Standard Liege.

I’ll be honest my knowledge of the Belgian League isn’t the best but Standard have the record Belgian league signing in defence. A young CB called Zinho Vanheusden.

They finished third last year and are up at the top of the table with Brugge in this campaign.

They come into this game in good form having beaten Vitoria in their last EL game and also unbeaten in all games since September 1st.

For us Emery will probably have to play the kids considering we’ve got Bournemouth on Sunday.

Edit:
Had a longer think for our line up I’d go:
Emi
Bellerin - Holding - Mavrapanos - Kola
Willock-AMN
Özil
Nelson-Martinelli-ESR

A step up in the recovery for Bellerin and Holding and would leave Tierney fresh to play against Bournemouth on Sunday. Maybe it’s time to see what AMN can be in the middle of the park because he’s impressed there before.

I’d like to start Xhaka here but we know he’s going to play against Bournemouth so probably won’t start here.

Hopefully a good performance and no injuries.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tierney Bellerin Rob should all start here perfect game for them.
Emi
Bellerin Holding mustafi Tierney
Torreira Willock
Nelson Özil Saka
Martinelli

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Game I'm looking forward to. Might even get a ticket if possible and head up to Emirates.

Hope the lineup is this:

Martinez
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Tierney
Willock Ceballos
AMN Özil Nelson
Martinelli
Very ball dominant team with overlapping full backs, movement from deep and Martinelli causing problems ahead of the ball.

I would hope ESR is around so he can start hopefully. I also want to see a big game from Nelson. Needs to put in a performance.

GoonerBoy19

Watching young guns is more enjoyable this season. Looking forward for all EL games till Emery decides to get more control in midfield and start all DMs.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Emery's favourite competition so expecting nothing other than a home win. Would like to see a back four of Bellerin, Chambers, Holding and Tierney. And Martinelli up front instead of Auba.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
My team would be:
Martinez
Bellerin-Mavrapanos-Holding-Tierney
AMN-Willock
ESR-Özil-Nelson
Martinelli
4-2-3-1

Impact

Established Member
Good chance for Holding, Tierney and Bellerín to get some further minutes under their belt. Would like to see Maitland-Niles get an outing in another position too. Would be good to see Smith-Rowe, Nelson and Martinelli get some minutes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom