• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully laca and pepe will start to add goals being too dependable on auba won't work every game

dbig

Keeping Emery in a job and us in fourth.

I think he has a 30+% shot conversion rate. Even RvP at his highest scoring season only had a 17+% conversion rate.

If PEA can't keep this up, it's midtable mediocrity for us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Enjoy him while he is here because as it stands he'll be leaving after this season. No extension, horrible football...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I didn't bother to compare his scoring record on the wing and as a lone striker, but if it's at least similar, he should be on the wing for me. He can't hold the ball at all and he is one of the players who is constantly losing it which put us in a position where we need to defend for long periods of time.
I'm still more of a fan of him being wide and Laca in the middle even when the stats of him playing as a striker are impressive.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I didn't bother to compare his scoring record on the wing and as a lone striker, but if it's at least similar, he should be on the wing for me. He can't hold the ball at all and he is one of the players who is constantly losing it which put us in a position where we need to defend for long periods of time.
I'm still more of a fan of him being wide and Laca in the middle even when the stats of him playing as a striker are impressive.

I posted this in another thread but this is some dumb ****. They are two completely different roles and your concerns about our defensive vulnerability are even more exposed when he plays on the wing and has to chase opposition wing backs on counters. We need to stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Imagine if we put RvP on the wing so that Adebayor could play in the middle because he played there before.

Auba's form in Laca's absence has been largely due to the fact we've used actual wide players on both sides for once rather than pseudo CAM/strikers on one side.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
PEA is slowly starting to voice his frustrations with the team, and I think it is great. He knows he is winning matches by himself and that Emery's tactics are holding us back. If you had to pick between PEA and Emery, PEA should win that battle every day of the week.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I posted this in another thread but this is some dumb ****. They are two completely different roles and your concerns about our defensive vulnerability are even more exposed when he plays on the wing and has to chase opposition wing backs on counters. We need to stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Imagine if we put RvP on the wing so that Adebayor could play in the middle because he played there before.

Auba's form in Laca's absence has been largely due to the fact we've used actual wide players on both sides for once rather than pseudo CAM/strikers on one side.
I'm not concerned about the defense, I'm saying that when we win the ball and pass it to Aub, the ball is lost within 2 seconds, making it harder for us to transition to attack and keeping us always in a defensive formation. Usually, that transition would be done by midfielders and Auba would wait for the ball in line with defenders, but Arsenal doesn't have that ability in midfield and that's why I think Laca is crucial for our game because he is the only one who can hold the ball while we transition. It sucks for Auba but I think the team needs something more than 1 person impressive stats.
Making a comparison with RvP and Ade was lame, simply because we would play both of them at the time and we've had midfield that was capable of controlling the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom