• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolasinac: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
Even in his better game, Kola doesn't seem to have the stamina to be effectively there on either half of the pitch when needed. Often he gets stuck in the final third, and our holding midfielders (Guendouzi) have to cover, then later he is nowhere when Saka needs overlapping.

I don't fault him though. He is a limited player who is giving 110%, but I think Chambers (a CB) put in much better performances on the right side in his last 2-3 games.

Reactions: Kav

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was ok but I wouldn't go that far.

It's becoming similar to Xhaka in that they're often so bad of late that even a bang average performance is seen as acceptable.
I thought he was good. Worked the line, made tackles, won the ball back several times, fed Saka beautifully in the first half.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I thought he was good. Worked the line, made tackles, won the ball back several times, fed Saka beautifully in the first half.

Not many complaints about him last night and makes a change to see him pretty solid defensively.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not many complaints about him last night and makes a change to see him pretty solid defensively.
My biggest complaint was that thoughtless ball he passed blindly in the hands of De Gea when he could've just laid it off to Saka. He basically had a brainfart and apologized the second he hit the ball.

Other than that he was pretty good defensively, so still a solid 6 from me. Would've had a much tougher day if he played against an actual winger I think, but let's not be too negative.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He had a good game, I didn’t think he got forward as much as usual but I assume he was under instruction.

Was struggling badly with cramp at the end but powered through. He’ll need to bring his A game every week with Tierney breathing down his neck.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Is showing enough to be a decent back up for Tierney, which is kinda great given how poor he was at times last season.

I'm sure some idiots will mention his wages though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I thought Kola had a decent game. Still think he is at best a back up though. Looking forward to having our fullbacks fully fit.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Goodbye Sead...

His wages will be an issue going forward but far from a pressing one. Two ways to reduce the wage of our backup LB:

Do we sign an experienced LB on cheapish wages or sign a young one with good potential with the view to eventually sell for a profit?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Goodbye Sead...

His wages will be an issue going forward but far from a pressing one. Two ways to reduce the wage of our backup LB:

Do we sign an experienced LB on cheapish wages or sign a young one with good potential with the view to eventually sell for a profit?

Joel Lopez should hopefully be showing signs of good progress by time it comes to kola leaving the club.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Let's be honest, he's probably the best backup LB in the league with the exception of Man City, and we dont have the luxury to spend £50m on full backs. Tierney will surely take over as first choice and as a squad LB I don't think we can complain about him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom