• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
EFxVxj_WwAEUNCt.jpg

Didn't see here much talk about this play. This is a red card all day long. Studs up follow through, a leg breaker.
I've pegged Rashford as a dirty player. He leaves his foot in but he's still young and plays for England and Utd so he gets away with it. I'm convinced he did Holding. Sly little so and so.

Sanis

This was one of the weakest MU team that I have ever seen. We have more quality yet still were outplayed. Would have won it with proper line-up and game plan. Just get this coward out of the club.

Eirico

Chambers pulls one shirt, carded instantly. Young harrasses Saka the whole game only picks up a single card around the 65 min mark. Was ridiculous.

Chambers card was correct in my opinion, that was deliberately sabotage after a horrendous defensive play from Pepe. But Lingard did exactly the same on Saka a couple of minutes later. The Arsenal players even told Friend, yet he still didnt give him a card. Also the McTominay challenge on Pepe was a yellow card clear as day, but Friend didnt have the balls to show United two yellow cards in the same sequence. Kevin Friend is a horrible referee, but we all knew that already.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Chambers card was correct in my opinion, that was deliberately sabotage after a horrendous defensive play from Pepe. But Lingard did exactly the same on Saka a couple of minutes later. The Arsenal players even told Friend, yet he still didnt give him a card. Also the McTominay challenge on Pepe was a yellow card clear as day, but Friend didnt have the balls to show United two yellow cards in the same sequence. Kevin Friend is a horrible referee, but we all knew that already.
I'm not complaining about the card, I'm complaining about the consistency which you pointed out, in better wording than myself, in your second sentence.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Hopefully we have to do something for our sit pieces it been really bad this season also try to do something more useful with short corners
It hasn’t just been bad this season. We were actually the worst team in the league at creating shots from set pieces last season, down from being an average team with Wenger. Another thing this incompetent manager has made us worse in

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I get it though, Manu-Arsenal is supposed to be a big game so the expectations are different. It genuinely looked like a midtable clash quality wise.. Poor touches, poor passes and decision making, fluffed shots, the quality on display from both teams was shockingly bad.
i was really expecting that both teams are short in confidence if our away form was good then you can say we missed great chance to beat them but considering how bad we are away in last few years it's was expected this kind of result.

Plutarch

I'm feeling more positive now. I'm not falling for this 'Arsenal are mid table level,' spin that journalists are using. Last night wasn't great but it was better than some performances we've given at OT. Man United are a poor team these days but it's still not easy to go there and win. The weather didn't help, these were difficult conditions. Collectively our defensive performances are looking a bit better, and Bellerin and Tierney will improve defence and attack. We've got young players looking good, Lacazette to come back, and who knows, Pepe might remember how to play.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Has any attention been given to Xhaka dodging McTominay’s shot? Our Captain :lol:

Edit:

Granit-Xhaka-sends-Arsenal-fans-crazy-with-his-part-in-Scott-McTominay-s-goal-for-Man-Utd-2085387.jpg

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're not an Emery hater? Is this some drive you have to always take the contrarian opinion.
Yes, I don’t honestly believe that either Wenger or Emery is as bad as people are making out.

Emery’s not Wenger, I wasn’t expecting that. But he’s above United, Chelsea and Sp**s at the moment. And the squad with Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka are prone to errors too.

If he drops down to 5th or below I’ll join the Emery out banter. Until then I’ll watch while the bandwagon effect rolls on.

But the trouble is, as we saw with Wenger once social media and the fans in the stadium go into rant mode, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy as the nervousness among the players takes hold. Emery will not be able to hold out for two years of social media melt down like Wenger did. He’ll likely go at the end of this season, if not before. Until he goes, I’ll support him. No hate here.

Steps

Yes, I don’t honestly believe that either Wenger or Emery is as bad as people are making out.

Emery’s not Wenger, I wasn’t expecting that. But he’s above United, Chelsea and Sp**s at the moment.

Mate, people win the lottery and are instant millionaires, that doesn't make them good business people simply because their bank accounts are large. Our position this season has come down to Auba heroics and luck, that's it.

blaze_of_glory

Emery’s not Wenger, I wasn’t expecting that. But he’s above United, Chelsea and Sp**s at the moment. And the squad with Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka are prone to errors too.

If he drops down to 5th or below I’ll join the Emery out banter. Until then I’ll watch while the bandwagon effect rolls on.

But the trouble is, as we saw with Wenger once social media and the fans in the stadium go into rant mode, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy as the nervousness among the players takes hold. Emery will not be able to hold out for two years of social media melt down like Wenger did. He’ll likely go at the end of this season, if not before. Until he goes, I’ll support him. No hate here.
We're in the same sort of situation we were in through Wenger's last years but playing worse football. Emery has to literally win the league with this approach for it to be worth anything. Arsenal can't be this uninspiring workhorse team that gets some good results here and there but makes you want to claw your eyes out while watching. We can't be changing to adapt to every team from Liverpool to Watford, as if we're the plucky little side looking to scrape a result each time. We should be forcing teams to adjust to us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

If you liked Wenger then the stuff Emery does should appear even more jarring imo. No stable starting 11, no stable set of tactics, each match is the start of a new learning curve. Something which works gets abandoned in the next match. I mean people were pining for a 'tactical' manager after Wenger, Emery has just shown what a lot of what Wenger did with his teams was right.

You’re right... but if that’s our expectation then I feel bad for whoever inherits after Emery too.
Whoever inherits after Emery will have a pretty good team imo with only a few pieces to complete the jigsaw; a cb, dm and maybe a really proper 10. A Koulibaly type, Ndidi and a Coutinho type together with what we have easily transforms us to a challanger for the PL title. It would take a really poor manager to finish 4th with such kind of talent at your disposal imo.

I don't know what your ideal Arsenal squad is in todays transfer environment. Personally, I really like the way our squad is shaping up.

With what we have already, I feel that the worst we should do is 4th with the EL title, otherwise I am expecting a 3rd place finish.

Last edited:

Has any attention been given to Xhaka dodging McTominay’s shot? Our Captain :lol:

Edit:

Granit-Xhaka-sends-Arsenal-fans-crazy-with-his-part-in-Scott-McTominay-s-goal-for-Man-Utd-2085387.jpg
None has, unfortunately. Watched a few pundit shows and no one has talked about it yet. The doom and gloom with Ole and the Wheel seems to overshadow Xhaka's freak incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom