• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger is the 5th column, the deep Wenger, its inevitable players from his years will remain. There are players who've been in the academy since 10 and never known another Arsenal manager so again inevitably when they reach maturity for the first team theyll factor into whoever is manager at that time. Like Amn, Ers, Nelson, Willock. Simple fact is these players rarely featured under Wenger but are now in it near the first team.

Anyway, we will disagree. In my eyes the team is different. In your eyes it's nearly different but not quite. Below to me is a team rebuilt.

Leno
Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Guendouzi Torreira
Ceballos
Pepe Martinelli

2 players short of a new XI.
Far too much dross in there without the Wenger boys. Bellerin, Auba, Laca, Willock, Holding at the very least. And for me Özil.

That team is only half built. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I was just rewatching some games we played in Wenger's final season. people were complaining about the football we were playing. That team had a lower quality than this one. At least, we could create a decent amount of chances.

I'm saying this as someone who wanted wenger out. If Wenger had Auba and Laca in 2015/2016, we'd probably have won that league title IMO.

I will continue to support Emery, but I believe he's not the right manager to take us forward.

regardless of where we finish, we should be looking for a new coach by end of the season.
I still have the December 2017 United game on record and watch it from time to time. We lost 1-3 but our football is absolutely breathtaking. The speed at which we attack is phenomenal. Some of the finishing was poor but DeGea’s saves were spectacular, as were the mistakes we made at the back. Mustafi, clueless.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At least the board has done a decent job with Emery's contract. I think it will take a lot for the board not to keep him. I can see them keeping him on, even if we do not make top four.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
That's his results not his style of play.

What's his style of play?
Over yours as well I see. Go back and read through the correspondence to get the context of my response.
His style of play is pretty ****ty and not fun to watch, no one is denying that.
Style of play really has nothing to do with the facts I brought up.

Aubamagoal

Unai Emery is mid table level. Tactically he is subpar, man management skills are lacking. Style of football is ugly and really, really unpleasant.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

What's Chelsea's, Utd's, Tottenham's and, for that matter, Barcelona's, Liverpool's and Real Madrid's style of play?

Only City and Atletico have an identity these days.

Can't say I've watched any of those teams recently other than Liverpool.

Liverpool press as a team, are organised and well drilled to get back in shape but also defend from the front. In possession, the front three are fluid however Firmino acts as a focal point allowing Salah and Mane to drift inside and receive the ball from him while their two fullback provide excellent width and quality crosses from wide.

United and Chelsea have new managers and don't have a style of play from what I've heard. Sp**s in some ways are similar to Liverpool although less aggressive in the press, rely more on interplay between Son and Kane I think.

I can't even watch all our own games due to work and family let alone other teams.

We look lost on the pitch. Even Sheffield United seem to have a recognisable style and plan

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Can't say I've watched any of those teams recently other than Liverpool.

Liverpool press as a team, are organised and well drilled to get back in shape but also defend from the front. In possession, the front three are fluid however Firmino acts as a focal point allowing Salah and Mane to drift inside and receive the ball from him while their two fullback provide excellent width and quality crosses from wide.

United and Chelsea have new managers and don't have a style of play from what I've heard. Sp**s in some ways are similar to Liverpool although less aggressive in the press, rely more on interplay between Son and Kane I think.

I can't even watch all our own games due to work and family let alone other teams.

We look lost on the pitch. Even Sheffield United seem to have a recognisable style and plan

That's still not a style. That's a game plan. We are far behind the competition on that front, I'll give you that, but Emery's teams have always been a mystery. This is the era of undefined, clunky football nonetheless.

You seem a top man, family and all. Good priorities.

zilfy

At least the board has done a decent job with Emery's contract. I think it will take a lot for the board not to keep him. I can see them keeping him on, even if we do not make top four.
Terrifying if true. Emery for 3 more years and I'll be off to find some rope

Iceman10

Established Member
Thing is brother ,Leicester is 3rd and they don't hand out CL places 7 games in ,

We should have around four more points than we have, so lucky to be in fourth, but he is right about some tricky fixtures out of the way. Oct/Nov fixture list doesn't look too bad, maybe a trip to Leicester early Nov is the hardest (ignoring the Carabao Cup), so a good chance for the first team to settle and gain some confidence/momentum.

GoonerBoy19

You have to be worried when Watford,Villa and worst United team of the century outplay you. The top 4 position is irrelevant at this point of time with very few games played. Emery got a free pass in his first season, he will have to face the fans post December this year.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We should have around four more points than we have, so lucky to be in fourth, but he is right about some tricky fixtures out of the way. Oct/Nov fixture list doesn't look too bad, maybe a trip to Leicester early Nov is the hardest (ignoring the Carabao Cup), so a good chance for the first team to settle and gain some confidence/momentum.

Yeah agree ,not seen anything to build on yet though. Think we are still shuffling the pack to see what works. It might go on for another month till we settle for a 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom