• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Sunday 6th October | KO: 14:00

Should OnlyOne be banned from making match threads if this is his standard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
This is a big banana skin for us. Bournemouth are well drilled enough to dominate the ball and have more than enough pace to hurt us on the break. If we produce the performance from old trafford we will need more than auba to bail us out.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bellerin just played his first proper 90 after an ACL injury. Should not be in the XI come Sunday. Probably neither should Tierney for that matter. We should probably be a bit conservative with them till after the break. Dont want any kind of reoccurences or niggles at this stage. Chambers and Kola should do v Bournemourh, as annoying as it might be for some of us. I would like to see this:

Leno
Chambers Luiz Holding Kola
Guendouzi Willock Ceballos
Pepe Aubameyang Saka
I know Xhaka will start instead of Ceballos most likely. But forward line seems quite set for now.

Luiz-Sokratis was ok at Old Trafford. I don't see it being changed for this one. Holding will be worked back in gradually.

Manberg

Predator
We ought to win. We're better than them all over the pitch and we're at home. Having said that, Villa was a struggle so I don't know what to expect anymore.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Chambers-Sokratis-Luiz-Kolasinac
Willock-Xhaka-Guendouzi
Pepe-Auba-Saka

Pretty obvious. Holding will be still eased in.

1. Martinelli for Saka. 2. Ceballos for Willock or Xhaka depending on situation 3. Nelson for Pepe or Tierney for Kolasinac

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I might top myself if I keep watching Emery ball.
Yesterday was the start. Have faith. You sound like you aren't willing to see it turn good. You aren't the only one, though.

The platform for improvement is there. Players returning, players emerging... This should be the most optimistic period of the season so far but, instead, and off the back of a really encouraging 90 minutes (not the result), it's as toxic and anti-manager as ever. Makes me wonder what it would have been like had we lost...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yesterday was the start. Have faith. You sound like you aren't willing to see it turn good. You aren't the only one, though.

The platform for improvement is there. Players returning, players emerging... This should be the most optimistic period of the season so far but, instead, and off the back of a really encouraging 90 minutes (not the result), it's as toxic and anti-manager as ever. Makes me wonder what it would have been like had we lost...

Or drew. Like Ole at the wheel with pretty bad performance against AZ.

But hey, gotta remember they are in transition, unlike us!

Last edited:

Saka is our starter on our left, why would you drop pepe just to move him to the right when he's doing superb on the left side? What are you on about?
I didn't particularly say that he should be moved. I did say that I would be open to benching Pepe if somehow that gets him to improve his game due to competition for his place and if that involves trying out the youngsters who have shown they are up to the challange (Willock, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli) in his place, I'd be fine with it. Right now, the latter three are all good on the left imo and we all know Willock is a mf. I think we should create a balance with them in the event that Pepe, God forbid, goes down or sees difficult patches. I don't like Nelson on the right so i'd like to see Pepe or Martinelli there sometime even if it is in the cups to see what they can do there.

I don't for one moment dispute that Saka is a real talent on the left, but I have never seen him on the right which is kind of curious for me considering most left footed attackers normally excel on the right!
In any case, my ideal front three is a fluid one that switches positions at times to make it even harder for the opposition.
In nut shell, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the right occasionally if that is what is best for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom