• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett

Could a simple explanation not be the attack is better with a better defence?

Weve a much more stable and balanced defence and midfield in the Europa giving a better platform to attack?

Torreira Amn and Willock is a better combination than most of our midfield in the league. Mobility and energy. Completely different from our slow as a turning bus midfield with Xhaka in there.

I might be being dramatic but Emery making Xhaka captain and basically a guaranteed starter could legitimately be his undoing here. The guys so clunky he basically needs a conservative partner next to him, while he also demands to be the deepest midfielder. Torreira holding + 2 high energy guys flanking him seems to be such and obviously better balance but I worry we'll only see it in cup games.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I might be being dramatic but Emery making Xhaka captain and basically a guaranteed starter could legitimately be his undoing here. The guys so clunky he basically needs a conservative partner next to him, while he also demands to be the deepest midfielder. Torreira holding + 2 high energy guys flanking him seems to be such and obviously better balance but I worry we'll only see it in cup games.
That’s what is going to happen... the whole midfield started to fail the moment Xhaka arrived to the Emirates. First season was justified because he was “adapting” to PL pace. He never adapted.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Can't stand this manager. I am not going to give him credit for selecting the young players. It has basically be forced upon him and they knew he would always choose experience over them. Miki and Iwobi have been sold and he has fallen out with Özil. He has literally no choice but to play the young players.

Martinelli scores and Emery goes and high fives Xhaka.
Exactly!!! You noticed as well. Thought I was the only one who see it. I literally said... well Emery is the lady’s Xhaka

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was thinking this too watching the game last night after the fact. The EL/cup team plays very differently. Then again it could be down to the quality (or lack thereof) from the opposition making it a lot easier on them.
The simplest explanation would be it's a bit of everything. But it has not looked, and will not look this easy--even against suspect opposition--every time. Also imo (and you wont like this part)... Xhaka is a pile of steaming turd and the ball gets through MF easier when he's not there.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Exactly!!! You noticed as well. Thought I was the only one who see it. I literally said... well Emery is the lady’s Xhaka
to be fair to Emery, who I want gone, it is possible he and Xhaka had discussed when and where to play Martinelli, and his goal was a sort of 'told you' moment

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liege were the worst team to visit the Emirates. We’ll be hanging on to to dear life in the league, as usual.

blaze_of_glory

The simplest explanation would be it's a bit of everything. But it has not looked, and will not look this easy--even against suspect opposition--every time. Also imo (and you wont like this part)... Xhaka is a pile of steaming turd and the ball gets through MF easier when he's not there.
I told you before, I'm shifting my stance on Xhaka to better align with the anti-Emery movement.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I look to the right of this thread and I see the league table. I see we are 4th. Last season, Emery's first, we finished 5th. The last season under Wenger we finished 6th.

If I see us in the same position at the end of the season I will judge it as progress and no amount of metaphysics, pataphysics, cavilling and equivocation by agenda merchants will make any sane person believe anything to the contrary.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I look to the right of this thread and I see the league table. I see we are 4th. Last season, Emery's first, we finished 5th. The last season under Wenger we finished 6th.

If I see us in the same position at the end of the season I will judge it as progress and no amount of metaphysics, pataphysics, cavilling and equivocation by agenda merchants will make any sane person believe anything to the contrary.

Arsenal top 4 -> Arsenal in UCL -> Auba new deal! That's what real Arsenal fans want.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Doubt Auba extends while Emery is here, like all the big boys at PSG he probably can’t wait to get away.

Your only chance is that Emery fails EPL very fast.

Otherwise you need to want Emery out by dropping out of top 4, which will result in Auba not extending 100%, if there is no UCL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Damage is done with Emery for me. Collapse last season, humiliation the the EL final, poor start to this season. His line ups and subs have been poor ever since he got here. We have no attack. This is Emery and it’s dreadful.

Think my stance is reasonable with the above points.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Your only chance is that Emery fails EPL very fast.

Otherwise you need to want Emery out by dropping out of top 4, which will result in Auba not extending 100%, if there is no UCL.
I’m backing Emery to get top 4. Have backed him since pre season. Still, I don’t see enough in keeping him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom