• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

By the way, has anyone realized how many comebacks there have been under Emery?

I'm not sure of the total count, but I think there are quite many.

Last two years under Wenger there was not much confidence in getting back from tough situations, and mostly panic, so this is one clear improvement in my view.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
His line ups and subs have been poor ever since he got here.

His subs were often phenomenal last season, you already forgot how we won games coming from behind or how we looked a different team during the second half of games?

GDeep™

League is very weak
By the way, has anyone realized how many comebacks there have been under Emery?

I'm not sure of the total count, but I think there are quite many.

Last two years under Wenger there was not much confidence in getting back from tough situations, and mostly panic, so this is one clear improvement in my view.
Last season we were 4th in getting points when falling behind. The season before with Wenger, we were 3rd - with no Auba until Jan and an injured Laca.

So I don’t see the clear improvement.

GDeep™

League is very weak
His subs were often phenomenal last season, you already forgot how we won games coming from behind or how we looked a different team during the second half of games?
The above applies to the start-mid season. Fell off a cliff after that, poor team selection vs Palace, poor subs vs Brighton, top off my head, cost us top 4.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yeah but what about setting the team up properly from the get go? If you are relying on subs to bail you out for half a season, something is wrong. By the end of the season, he changed things too often and too quickly, the Brighton game being a prime example. We had momentum in the game and he killed it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Last season we were 4th in getting points when falling behind. The season before with Wenger, we were 3rd - with no Auba until Jan and an injured Laca.

So I don’t see the clear improvement.

Okay, nice, thanks. Might remember wrong. Maybe not improvement in that regard.

What about big games? Whats the source for the info?

I looked at top 6 games in EPL from Wenger's last season and counted 1-3-6 and 10-20. Emery's 1st season 3-3-4 and 16-19. Interesting to see how that develops.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I looked at top 6 games in EPL from Wenger's last season and counted 1-3-6 and 10-20. Emery's 1st season 3-3-4 and 16-19. Interesting to see how that develops.

Big games in England are certainly an improvement, under Wenger we looked absolutely hopeless most of the time. At Anfield we had the better chances until they got that second goal, you would never see that with Wenger in his last seasons against a team as good as this season's Liverpool, not in the PL anyway.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I want Emery out no matter what. Watched nearly every game and it’s clear to see he’s a dreadful manager.

Cha cha cha cha choo choo train
Rolling down the choo choo lane
I hear your whistle blowing loud. CHOO CHOO!
Cha cha cha cha choo choo train...

Divided_Pie

Some people look to the right of this thread and see Arsenal in 4th place. I look to the right and see us a point away from 9th place (mid-table). I don't see our current standing as much evidence of Emery's success at this point.

Same goes for the amount of times Arsenal have come from behind. Some see it as Emery making great substitutions and/or instilling belief and fight in the team. I see it as him setting the team up terribly from the start and being forced to change his approach because his initial tactics failed.

The team played very well in the last EL league - some people are claiming that Emery finally had the fullbacks he needed to make his tactics work. I see it as a) playing at home against a vastly inferior team b) not having Xhaka in the lineup, and c) Emery not being as rigid in his tactics due to a) and b). I expect to see the same dogshit in the next PL match that we always see.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Some people look to the right of this thread and see Arsenal in 4th place. I look to the right and see us a point away from 9th place (mid-table). I don't see our current standing as much evidence of Emery's success at this point.

Same goes for the amount of times Arsenal have come from behind. Some see it as Emery making great substitutions and/or instilling belief and fight in the team. I see it as him setting the team up terribly from the start and being forced to change his approach because his initial tactics failed.

The team played very well in the last EL league - some people are claiming that Emery finally had the fullbacks he needed to make his tactics work. I see it as a) playing at home against a vastly inferior team b) not having Xhaka in the lineup, and c) Emery not being as rigid in his tactics due to a) and b). I expect to see the same dogshit in the next PL match that we always see.
Finally someone who see it in a more realistic perspective. Being 4th with the points we have and the way we played it’s like we lose another game and Chelsea, ManU and Sp**s stop throwing points and 4th is over. It’s not like we have so much advantage over them.

If we were playing good football it would be ok... but we always have that feeling of going vs bottom teams with 3DMs at midfield and dropping 2 points because Emery played like we were against Barcelona.

Aubamagoal

Shambles of a manager. Picking fights with and devaluating players. Poor tactics and terrible commanding of English.

He is not made for an elite club.

Dregen57

If you only look for negatives you will find just that. It's plain stupid to me.

Moah

The Arsenal I supported used to have that attacking identity with quality one touch passes that used to amaze me and make up for all the heartbreaks of big games and high scoreline losses.

Now Emery puts a random 11 with 3 DMS and wishes for the best with no style of play. Wenger was past his time and deserved to go but I would take his style over Emery's all day.

And you can see with freddie's kids that our game is not dead and will come back to the spotlight when the time comes.

yorch44

The Arsenal I supported used to have that attacking identity with quality one touch passes that used to amaze me and make up for all the heartbreaks of big games and high scoreline losses.

Now Emery puts a random 11 with 3 DMS and wishes for the best with no style of play. Wenger was past his time and deserved to go but I would take his style over Emery's all day.

And you can see with freddie's kids that our game is not dead and will come back to the spotlight when the time comes.
Just look what a good manager and a system can do. Ajax, they have youngsters playing in high level at UCL like they were much much better individually. In reality they are not the best or WC players yet but they work as a team.

That’s why sometimes they struggle when they leave for other bigger teams where the system change and doesn’t protect them like they were in teams like Ajax.

yorch44

plain stupid? how about realistic!
Exactly... like being at 4th with only one point ahead from mid table is something could not change with a loss. And we know for games like Watford or Villa that teams is very capable of dropping points.

Moah

Just look what a good manager and a system can do. Ajax, they have youngsters playing in high level at UCL like they were much much better individually. In reality they are not the best or WC players yet but they work as a team.

That’s why sometimes they struggle when they leave for other bigger teams where the system change and doesn’t protect them like they were in teams like Ajax.

I would rather us lose playing like we did on Thursday than draw like vs United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom