• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but we got bad injuries and suspensions to midfield at the end of season. Had to play Elneny & Guendouzi (who was out-of-form later in his 1st season) together.

Losing midfield "totally" you lose the game usually.
He could have been braver and played Willock from last season tbh.

I can see us improving with the full back situation looking healthier. Emery has to improve our possession game in the league though. That's the main thing now, creating chances consistently. Theres been some improvement in the last few weeks. Let's see if that upward trajectory continues.

No surprise that its the cup team with a different midfield. Maybe, as Tim Stillman said yesterday, they've earned the right to fail.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He could have been braver and played Willock from last season tbh.

I can see us improving with the full back situation looking healthier. Emery has to improve our possession game in the league though. That's the main thing now, creating chances consistently. Theres been some improvement in the last few weeks. Let's see if that upward trajectory continues.

No surprise that its the cup team with a different midfield. Maybe, as Tim Stillman said yesterday, they've earned the right to fail.

Yes, I agree with that totally, no one knows why that didn't happen much.

At least he is playing him now, and I think I have seen a constant progress. He is looking very good like you said earlier, having the mental strenght for the jump to men's games. But it's still early, blaablaa...

I also understand Emery not playing him so much yet last season (when there were bigger salary old members of the team) it was a risk especially for him, no guarantees of success in men's big games in youth. And new head coach needs to respect the "usual order" at least first I think.

(Although we can think of Guendouzi's game time in this light. He is young and played a lot, must be Emery's favourite.)

I think it's great that youth are taking their chances in men's games, so Emery can trust them more easily as they have earned the chance. He still rotates looking after the whole season, and he has good personnel to do it.

The youth is performing over the expectation at least for my first guess, eventhough I supported selling Iwobi & loanin Mkhitaryan both, to give this youth the chance with their promise.

I don't give a **** if it was Emery's or someone elses doing, I give a **** Arsenal doing well. It's looking good regardless of Emery.

Chelsea are having similar youth, and we have yet to see Lampard's situation, they are looking pretty good even with the transfer ban. Willian firing up maybe a bit too, haven't seen their recent games, anyone?

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sp**s in disarray
United in disarray
Chelsea young and inexperienced

We really should be finishing third with some ease

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sp**s in disarray
United in disarray

It's the Horror! Emery getting at least one year more. Arsenal in the UCL again, where it belongs. (If not, Emery gets the boot, very simple.)

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Man utd are mid table and have you seen Sp**s lately? you should read what you write before pressing send.

Those are still derbies, form goes out of the window. By the way, not even City won vs. Sp**s, huh! Pep out!

Sp**s in disarray
United in disarray

I think this is reasonable expectation, unless Leicester or Chelsea have some freak season. Utd and Sp**s, I don't think they stand a chance if we are any decent.

ksarp

He just needs to make sure he's not competing with Pochettino to get himself fired.

He can't help himself. Self sabotage is part of this guy's DNA. Watch him start another strange lineup tomorrow. You know his two pets have to start, even though everyone and their brother know our midfield is lacking with those two pairing up. Watch him start Willock on the wings or something. I think he's not getting a third year. Small minded coach.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Might be time for a little break from here. My Emery frustration is getting the better of me.
Why dont you then let the results determine how frustrated you should be? The performances of the youngsters, the players back from injury, or even hope Emery starts making a few decisions you like? There's a lot to hope for and look forward to seeing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He can't help himself. Self sabotage is part of this guy's DNA. Watch him start another strange lineup tomorrow. You know his two pets have to start, even though everyone and their brother know our midfield is lacking with those two pairing up. Watch him start Willock on the wings or something. I think he's not getting a third year. Small minded coach.
Top 4 will be given to him in his hands by Utd and Chelsea, so sadly we’ll probably have to suffer the Spanish Pulis next season too.

Hopefully Edu gets rid off him though, Edu is probably more fed up than we are.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why dont you then let the results determine how frustrated you should be? The performances of the youngsters, the players back from injury, or even hope Emery starts making a few decisions you like? There's a lot to hope for and look forward to seeing.
Been doing this for 18 months mate?

Malky

Established Member
It's a sad state of affairs when United and Sp**s are in a shocking mess and Chelsea have a manager learning on the job, yet I'm still not convinced Emery gets us top4! Feel like he'll **** it up somehow.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Been doing this for 18 months mate?
The season has only just started and we've got almost an unrecognisable matchday squad from second half of last season. We were never going to win the league yet, so the best we could have hoped for, for most who can't stand Emery, is to play good football and finish 4th (none of you care about winning the EL anyway). So, apart from not quite being pleasing on the eye yet, we're on course. If we start looking better, what will there be to moan about?

ksarp

Top 4 will be given to him in his hands by Utd and Chelsea, so sadly we’ll probably have to suffer the Spanish Pulis next season too.

Hopefully Edu gets rid off him though, Edu is probably more fed up than we are.

Watched Leicester today at Liverpool. Their transition game was on point between offense mid and attack. I kept asking myself, "how come we were so open when we played Pool?" The answer lies in the coach.

I can't see him being an Edu type of coach. 18 months in and we still don't have a clear objective or identity.

ksarp

The season has only just started and we've got almost an unrecognisable matchday squad from second half of last season. We were never going to win the league yet, so the best we could have hoped for, for most who can't stand Emery, is to play good football and finish 4th (none of you care about winning the EL anyway). So, apart from not quite being pleasing on the eye yet, we're on course. If we start looking better, what will there be to moan about?

Do you think we'll start looking better? Pretty sure if we do, Emre will find a way to screw it up by changing the lineup or doing something just to appear smart....Dude can't help himself.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Watched Leicester today at Liverpool. Their transition game was on point between offense mid and attack. I kept asking myself, "how come we were so open when we played Pool?" The answer lies in the coach.

I can't see him being an Edu type of coach. 18 months in and we still don't have a clear objective or identity.
Maybe if we'd played them a few days after a tough CL fixture, it may have panned out different. Leicester still lost.

Leicester will probably lose again to a side nowhere near Liverpool's level next week. My point is, it doesn't matter how other teams do against sides that have beaten us. That's always a terrible way to gauge how good or bad we're doing. Just look at the league table and who we've played instead. That will tell you much more.

ksarp

Maybe if we'd played them a few days after a tough CL fixture, it may have panned out different. Leicester still lost.

Leicester will probably lose again to a side nowhere near Liverpool's level next week. My point is, it doesn't matter how other teams do against sides that have beaten us. That's always a terrible way to gauge how good or bad we're doing. Just look at the league table and who we've played instead. That will tell you much more.

You're missing my point. It's pretty clear that Arsenal players aren't sure about what we are from an on field system standpoint. That's on the coach.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Ok let’s do it... Sp**s... draw bur they are playing as bad as we do. Liverpool and we lost in a boring and awful way... Watford ... drop points because we played horrendous. Villa, we rescued the win after playing badly against Championship level team. ManU... worst manU in many years... we still played cowardly but we barely got the point.

Hmmmm... if you only appoint the results you are omitting something very important in football. The way you do it. Maybe we got some points, but to me we drop so much points because the teams plays horrendous. If we were playing decent at least we coulda win vs Sp**s, Watford and United.

Dregen57

Ok let’s do it... Sp**s... draw bur they are playing as bad as we do. Liverpool and we lost in a boring and awful way... Watford ... drop points because we played horrendous. Villa, we rescued the win after playing badly against Championship level team. ManU... worst manU in many years... we still played cowardly but we barely got the point.

Hmmmm... if you only appoint the results you are omitting something very important in football. The way you do it. Maybe we got some points, but to me we drop so much points because the teams plays horrendous. If we were playing decent at least we coulda win vs Sp**s, Watford and United.
Always look on the bright side of life.... Or at least a little bit brighter please

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Always look on the bright side of life.... Or at least a little bit brighter please
Well, I am sorry our reality is not bright. But I only speak with the truth... we will see in a few hours if Emery hold his balls and starts without 3 dms, Kola and brings Özil to the bench at least.

But I have the feeling we will see Xkaha, Douzy and Torreira as 10 and Kola at left.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our training looks so odd. Small sided games within the smallest areas and massive goals. Our players are literally taking shots inside the penalty area. We work on a lot of tap ins unopposed. The intensity in the 6 aside game was shocking. Passively passing the ball under no pressure. Not surprised we are shocked and panic when pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom