• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Sunday 6th October | KO: 14:00

Should OnlyOne be banned from making match threads if this is his standard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofthebongo

So many no-joy anxious poor souls :lol:

I'm not too impressed by Emery either, but some of you are just brewing with the anger and vitriol. Coming from a place of fear.

Happy with 3 points. City dropping points, Tottenham looking like trash, and United have bigger and more expensive problems than we do. Only downside is the dull football, and liverpool looking like they're a sure shot. Disgusting.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It's not negative football though really. It's just ****. Negative football implies we're not giving chances away. We are and a lot of them.

Exactly, if we were defensively solid that argument would make sense, but we're leaking chances against and struggling to create much ourselves, the worst combo.

You can be boring and dominant, this is not that.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bournemouth upped the tempo second half and we couldnt keep up. Its a personnel and management problem.

Leno-7 couple of decent saves
Chambers- 8 he has holes in his game but so much better than amn
Sok- 6 thought he did ok
Luiz- 7 marshalled the defense well
Kola- 5 reminds me alot of kolorov for city, has all the attributes but the league is too much.
Doozi- 8 20yrs old and carrying that midfield
Xhaka- 4 a million miles off what we need
DC- 6 he is playing the 10 role, you need crazy stamina aswell as quality to play that role and he doesnt have it. A doozi/DC pivot in CM is much better.
Pepe-6 he is getting alot of stick but in his defence he held the ball up and as soon as he went off bournemouth took over.
Saka- 7 great talent, will destroy worlds in a few years once he had physically peaked.
Auba- 5 good winger with a insane g2g ratio. A clincal walcott and like walcott is not a number 9.

Subs

Martinelli-8 love this kid, gonna be a star.
Willock- 5 no impact for me

Emery- 7 i dont agree with anything he did today but we won and we are 3rd.

So much better than @hydrofluoric acid, even though I don't agree 100% with everything in there. He's fired when it comes to post-match scorings.

goonerfamily

I bet that if the same people complaining about negative football were asked about who to bring on instead they would say Allegri, really makes you think. :rolleyes:

True but there's a difference between playing negative football a la Allegri or Simeone compared to us. At least when you watch Atletico, they very rarely concede chances. Whereas in this match, Bournemouth had arguably as many good goal scoring opportunities as us. If we defended well and were winning games and barely conceding, then that's fair enough. However, we're playing horribly and these results are papering over the cracks.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I'm not too impressed by Emery either, but some of you are just brewing with the anger and vitriol. Coming from a place of fear.

Happy with 3 points. City dropping points, Tottenham looking like trash, and United have bigger and more expensive problems than we do. Only downside is the dull football, and liverpool looking like they're a sure shot. Disgusting.

Yawn.

So because other teams look worse than we do, we have no reason to critique our team’s performances?

The frustration lies in the fact that we can play like we did on Thursday when we use a more dynamic midfield but opt not to.

Dregen57

True but there's a difference between playing negative football a la Allegri or Simeone compared to us. At least when you watch Atletico, they very rarely concede chances. Whereas in this match, Bournemouth had arguably as many good goal scoring opportunities as us. If we defended well and were winning games and barely conceding, then that's fair enough. However, we're playing horribly and these results are papering over the cracks.
They play in a totally different leauge you can't compare like this

Ashybashy86

I'd imagine that's pretty much how most of the "no-joy anxious poor souls" feel too. Your opinion isn't unique.

goonerfamily

They play in a totally different leauge you can't compare like this
Why not? Football is football. La Liga and Serie A are the toughest leagues outside of the PL. Atleti and Allegris Juve would murder us. If we want to be a better side, we should aspire and compare ourselves to better teams

Dregen57

Why not? Football is football. La Liga and Serie A are the toughest leagues outside of the PL. Atleti and Allegris Juve would murder us. If we want to be a better side, we should aspire and compare ourselves to better teams
I don't think they would ve done that well in the premier league

Kingofthebongo

Yawn.

So because other teams look worse than we do, we have no reason to critique our team’s performances?

The frustration lies in the fact that we can play like we did on Thursday when we use a more dynamic midfield but opt not to.

Did I say that, like anywhere?:facepalm:
Critique all you want, that's what I do and that's what a message board is for.
I have the same critiques as most people do, but the emotional conclusions and lack of emotional maturity in posts is what I'm referring to. Idk what your posts are like, but you replying to me thinking I've addressed you personally, with an argument I didn't make ...
Just chill out and enjoy the ride, and If you're not enjoying it, enjoy the process of being frustrated at boring football and critiquing the team. It is just football. ;)

Manberg

Predator
If I somehow got a thought that we can win the title I'd accept boring football to achieve it. But boring football to get 4th place? No, **** that.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You can be both, those listed did it with mostly defense thou

No One wins with bad defense

The invincibles wasnt that we som all games, it was that we didnt lose!
No one wins with bad offence either.

Though we won f.a cups with bad defence

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If I somehow got a thought that we can win the title I'd accept boring football to achieve it. But boring football to get 4th place? No, **** that.
There won't be boring football all season there will some good attacking display some bad display and some very solid defensively once like today and Newcastle away we desperately need to get top 4 it's important

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did I say that, like anywhere?:facepalm:
Critique all you want, that's what I do and that's what a message board is for.
I have the same critiques as most people do, but the emotional conclusions and lack of emotional maturity in posts is what I'm referring to. Idk what your posts are like, but you replying to me thinking I've addressed you personally, with an argument I didn't make ...
Just chill out and enjoy the ride, and If you're not enjoying it, enjoy the process of being frustrated at boring football and critiquing the team. It is just football. ;)

“United have bigger and more expensive problems than we do”.

I did not think you were addressing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom