• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Those who are very happy with our predicament only have the short term in mind. You ought to learn from past experiences. We’re not playing well, our away record is still bad, performances haven’t improved from last season and results will catch up with the performances eventually. Despite our rivals having problems, we’ll be in a similar dogged top 4 battle as ever, wait and see. Hopefully we make top 4 and move on to a new, more ambitious manager.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I'm also reading posts on Red Cafe a lot (not a member, but it's a decent forum full of supporters of many teams) and the combination of negativity on there and here is hilarious. Football fans have become so prone to overreaction, I just can't take some of the things I read seriously anymore. :lol:

Divided_Pie

Shifted the season from watching the matches live to watching them on replay. Didn’t even bother watching the Man U match on replay, and wish I hadn’t wasted part of my weekend watching this one. Time would have been better spent folding laundry.

Results are great but the feeling is pretty empty when the football brings no joy.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Shifted the season from watching the matches live to watching them on replay. Didn’t even bother watching the Man U match on replay, and wish I hadn’t wasted part of my weekend watching this one. Time would have been better spent folding laundry.

Results are great but the feeling is pretty empty when the football brings no joy.
The only noteworthy moment in the game apart from the goal was the Vieira shirt wearing pitch invader

Iceman10

Established Member
That seems like a perfectly sensible position.

EDIT: I've added a more neutral option to the proposed poll ("Judge him in May").

Another thing, but not related to the poll. Do people really believe if we play at the same performance level we have so far this season for the rest of the season we will finish top 4? I don't, and just have anticipation of some upside over the next couple of months.

If we have to improve to maintain a top 4 position there is really no problem anyway. If we don't finish top 4, imo, Emery will be gone.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its about getting the results and getting to fourth for me. The manager has it in him to manufacture results and Im happy to have him around for that. I do have concerns around when it comes to crunch time and hopefully he has learnt from last year.

We still need to go on our "record breaking run" again, so at least we due some good times this season.

After all of that in May, hopefully its bye bye.

Pepes blue pill

In all seriousness whats with trying torreira and cebellos in the n10 role, they simply cant do it, if you wanna play a n10 you have one in Özil, dont want to play him then change formation
Another thing, but not related to the poll. Do people really believe if we play at the same performance level we have so far this season for the rest of the season we will finish top 4? I don't, and just have anticipation of some upside over the next couple of months.

If we have to improve to maintain a top 4 position there is really no problem anyway. If we don't finish top 4, imo, Emery will be gone.

Its impossible to say as the others are so bad as well (not chelsea) but the fact im not confident is damning in itself

Godwin1

Very well-known
Its about getting the results and getting to fourth for me. The manager has it in him to manufacture results and Im happy to have him around for that. I do have concerns around when it comes to crunch time and hopefully he has learnt from last year.

We still need to go on our "record breaking run" again, so at least we due some good times this season.

After all of that in May, hopefully its bye bye.
Are you worried at all in May should we achieve top 4 it would be rinse and repeat from the board though?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If City losing to Wolves was a one off, what was City losing to Norwich? City have lost 2 and drawn 1 out of 8 games, that's 16 pts out of 24 pts. Pep has lost twice as many PL games this season than Emery yet I don't hear people shouting Pep out. Lets give Emery the season to prove his value, if he fails he's out.
As much as I don’t like pep... he has owned the right to fail after winning league. Even Poch has do it after getting Sp**s to CL final.

That’s why

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think we have a title winning squad or anywhere near yet but we could definitely have the same amount of points in addition to playing good football with a better manager. So this isn’t a case of “results vs performances” like some have made it. Where we are now could easily be achieved while playing attractive football. If we were in the title race playing negative football there’d be a case for watching it. But we aren’t so why settle.

I’m not too stressed about Emery Out though as I’m confident he’s getting sacked at the end of the season. So just going to accept it as it is, pray we get top4.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I think most are on this boat, it's just that some of his most ardent supporters are trying to counter people who are OTTing a bit by pretending the criticism of him is unfounded and we should be happy, nay, greatful that we are a point of second this early in the season.

It's like last seasons collapsed never happened to some posters here. This lethargic play will come back to bite us.
People literally want us to loose the next 5 games just to spite Emery. Calling this "OTTing a bit" is a bit of an understatement don't you think? Seems to me that getting Emery sacked and just shouting insults at him have become moret important than Arsenal doing well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People literally want us to loose the next 5 games just to spite Emery. Calling this "OTTing a bit" is a bit of an understatement don't you think? Seems to me that getting Emery sacked and just shouting insults at him have become moret important than Arsenal doing well.

You can’t deflect valid criticisms by taking poverty arguments from a select few out of the many who are anti-Emery and attributing them to everyone.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Just had an epileptic fit, in hospital now feeling ****ed.

Spending the last two weeks on here bashing the manager seems a millions miles away now.

See you when I see you lads.
Probably due it by watching Arsenal so much... we play that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom