• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Sunday 6th October | KO: 14:00

Should OnlyOne be banned from making match threads if this is his standard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
:lol:

The Xhaka haters really are a devoted bunch.

I don't hate him at all, I think he is a decent player and nowhere near as bad as some make out. However he is just painfully slow, twice yesterday that I counted he was left trailing by yards as their midfielders tore up the pitch. He isn't in great form and our midfield balance isn't working so why not try someone else there.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
There won't be boring football all season there will some good attacking display some bad display and some very solid defensively once like today and Newcastle away we desperately need to get top 4 it's important

I just don't see it Sif. Struggling to remember many exciting games under Unai. The football was boring even during the unbeaten run for most part.

Dregen57

I just don't see it Sif. Struggling to remember many exciting games under Unai. The football was boring even during the unbeaten run for most part.
Haven't you seen the cup games and or theEurope leauge ones, some good flowing football there.

Pepes blue pill

Voting in itself is not right and creates bad culture. It's very easy to know the player the squad respect and look upto. What if Unai wants to change the captain, does he also set up another vote to remove the captain or select the next captain?

Selection of the captain is not just his influence in the dressing room but also on the field; the latter is which we have concern with.

I dont agree with it or like it but from a personal perspective emery played his hand well

teamsoutheast

Positives:
  • We looked better tactically
  • We looked better without the ball (pressing, anticipation in the challenge/positioning in the 1st half).
  • We looked better defensively. Seemed pretty resilient and more aggressive. We would have conceded if this was last season or the season before IMO.
  • Xhaka has been clearly told not to dive in challenges and he actually didn't. He didn't get booked too so the message has come across unlike what you all seem to think with Emery's communication.
  • Youth propsects looked good (Martinelli, Saka, Willock).
  • Chambers has improved big time. Most improved player so far. He's a good footballer and is intelligent. He has also improved on his agression which I thought he lacked previously.
Negatives
  • We took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half. Complacency started to kick in so we need to keep the concentration levels up and hunger THROUGHOUT the game.
  • Front line don't seem to be in sync with each other. They seemed to be too far away from each other yesterday and didn't anticipate the attacking runs.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
3 out of 5 home. Anything less than 12 points is a disaster. Against Leicester, I'll be very happy with a point, that's how good they are at the moment.
I have no hope of those results... 12 from 15 seems too much for the way we are playing

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We've already played Liverpool, Tottenham and United, 2of them away, and are third, one single point after last year's champions not bad in my view

And failed to beat any of them.

Our 4 wins came against Newcastle (1 goal margin), Villa (1 goal margin), Burnley (1 goal margin) and Bournemouth (1 goal margin). We have 2 clean sheets in 8.

The way I see it, is City are in what is from their perspective, a crisis. They literally have no first team defenders available bar their own version of Mustafi in Otamendi. They'll struggle against any well organised team.

Bar Liverpool, the standard in the PL this season is shocking. Same as the season Leicester won the league. Emery's over-engineering it. This is a great opportunity to take advantage and we have to expect more.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I finally watched some highlights last night. More players seem to be running harder-Pepe was motoring on occasion and Xhaka carried the ball some distance by actually running. What did make me laugh was that we would tackle and break up play but players were running so fast that they ran iast the loose ball :lol:. We still lack guile and cohesion for a sustained amount of time, so it's not pretty.

Dregen57

Our 4 wins came against Newcastle (1 goal margin), Villa (1 goal margin), Burnley (1 goal margin) and Bournemouth (1 goal margin). We have 2 clean sheets in 8.

They way I see it, is City are in what is from their perspective, a crisis. They literally have no first team defenders available bar their own version of Mustafi in Otamendi. They'll struggle against any well organised team.

Bar Liverpool, the standard in the PL this season is shocking. Same as the season Leicester won the league. Emery's over-engineering it. This is a great opportunity to take advantage and we have to expect more.
Surely everyone is entitled to their own opinion aren’t they. I’m sure your opinion will differ from many others but as none of us can predict the future shall we just accept being in a good position prior to a two week break.

Symbia

Surely everyone is entitled to their own opinion aren’t they. I’m sure your opinion will differ from many others but as none of us can predict the future shall we just accept being in a good position prior to a two week break.
But he is stating a fact that calls for concern instead of applause.

Both Spu*s and United are very poor. We should have easily won both matches.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
That was an United-esque performance, but thanks god we are a better team then them and so we beat Bournemouth.
It was worrying though. You can't defend a 1-goal lead at home against ****ing Bournemouth.

Dregen57

They way I see it, is City are in what is from their perspective, a crisis. They literally have no first team defenders available bar their own version of Mustafi in Otamendi. They'll struggle against any well organised team.

football will come after! We need everyone on board as much as possible to help us get back into the elite competition of Europe. Why be dickheads & complain when we are winning & haven’t really got going in the league!

Matthew Hadlee

football will come after! We need everyone on board as much as possible to help us get back into the elite competition of Europe. Why be dickheads & complain when we are winning & haven’t really got going in the league!
Because if our performances don't pick up theres a very good chance we wont be top4 at the end of the season.
Why do you assume we will "get going"? I know we have defenders coming back but our attack is just as dismal as our defense.

Our team is a shadow of its former self, that's why its hard to celebrate

MikeVinna

Established Member
Because if our performances don't pick up theres a very good chance we wont be top4 at the end of the season.
Why do you assume we will "get going"? I know we have defenders coming back but our attack is just as dismal as our defense.

Our team is a shadow of its former self, that's why its hard to celebrate

I think, in the attacking sense, our midfield is the real problem here. There’s not enough creativity and supply. We’re relying on our wingers for that, which is good because we’re using our width, but we need to create from the center as well because we’re becoming very one-dimensional.

Ceballos doesn’t seem quite up to the task and he doesnt even play every game either. There are games where we rely on Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi to create chances and that is just abysmal..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why be dickheads & complain when we are winning & haven’t really got going in the league!
Completely short sighted view this. The poster you replied to specifically highlighted how the points tally, the games played and the position we are in has papered over the cracks.
If we're lying 6th in May and we've played the same way the whole season, many people on here are going to look pretty silly with all these "but we're winning" statements.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
When? My patience wouldn't be running thin if there was a positive trend in our play (regardless of results), but I haven't seen it. I was hoping a successful transferwindow would be the kick-off of an improvement in style, but the good games in the PL under Emery can be counted on one hand.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Positives:
  • We looked better tactically
  • We looked better without the ball (pressing, anticipation in the challenge/positioning in the 1st half).
  • We looked better defensively. Seemed pretty resilient and more aggressive. We would have conceded if this was last season or the season before IMO.
  • Xhaka has been clearly told not to dive in challenges and he actually didn't. He didn't get booked too so the message has come across unlike what you all seem to think with Emery's communication.
  • Youth propsects looked good (Martinelli, Saka, Willock).
  • Chambers has improved big time. Most improved player so far. He's a good footballer and is intelligent. He has also improved on his agression which I thought he lacked previously.
Negatives
  • We took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half. Complacency started to kick in so we need to keep the concentration levels up and hunger THROUGHOUT the game.
  • Front line don't seem to be in sync with each other. They seemed to be too far away from each other yesterday and didn't anticipate the attacking runs.

Tbf. He should probably have gotten two yellows. Ref was and idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom