• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,393
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

With Chambers playing well it seems like a real missed opportunity if we don't try this. Better passer than Xhaka IMO..

I think one of them should be playing there. Don't think it will happen this season though, maybe next year once we get Saliba in and if Xhaka gets moved on.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd play him at DM personally.
I've never rated Luiz as a CB and he's not convincing me at Arsenal either, but I do rate his skill on the ball. Think he'd do much better as a DM (especially compared to Xhaka), but I'd still opt for Torreira at 6. Luiz could be a good cover there though.

Reactions: Jae

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd play him at DM personally.
I've always thought that DM was David Luiz's homeland, that he would eventually end up there (he was great for Chelsea in a short stint there).

I think Emery is too rigid to try it out though

Reactions: Jae

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Agree completely about DM. He has composure and technique with excellent tackling ability when he's pro active. Having him in front of the defence would mean that one of his brain farts wouldn't necessarily cost us too close to our goal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Shocking performance today, he needs to be dropped.

Was the worst Arsenal player on the pitch by a long distance

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shocking performance today, he needs to be dropped.

Was the worst Arsenal player on the pitch by a long distance

None of our defenders give me confidence at this stage, we just make everyone crap...just give me Kos-Per back, nevermind Sol-Kolo :(

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Typical when i said he had perfect game he just gone and make mistake by losing ayew and let him have free header. Ffs

Riou

Nah he’s a clown. One good game one bad game merchant.

Chelsea are conceding loads aswell, don't think he'd do much worse their...him and Papa aren't great, but are being made to look worse by the way we play atm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea are conceding loads aswell, don't think he'd do much worse their...him and Papa aren't great, but are being made to look worse by the way we play atm.
Chelsea are conceding because they are taking the hit of developing young CBs.

Riou

Chelsea are conceding because they are taking the hit of developing young CBs.

Zouma has been playing for ages, Toure was one of the best CB in the league at his age for us...was a good deal for both parties, they sell an ageing defender for a decentish fee and we get an expired head for a season or two until Saliba steps up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zouma has been playing for ages, Toure was one of the best CB in the league at his age for us...was a good deal for both parties, they sell an ageing defender for a decentish fee and we get an expired head for a season or two until Saliba steps up.
Great deal for Chelsea, 10M for sideshow bob.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

None of this should come as a surprise. When Mourinho came back to Chelsea he got rid of him, Conte brought him back to play in a back three which hid his flaws but even then dropped him in the 17/18 season. PSG happily let him go back to Chelsea. Benitez never trusted him as a CB, even played him midfield instead. Chelsea signed Cahill in January 2012 because they simply couldn't rely on Luiz. Even when Brazil were playing well in the 2014 world cup he was the clear weak link, that's without mentioning the 7-1.

You get what you get with Luiz, errors, brainless decision making but because he was experienced and a bit of a character we ignored all that thinking we got a massive coup. Shortcut FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom