• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The truth is, some Arsenal fans want Emery to fail for two reasons: 1. Because he isn't playing their favourite player. 2. Because they haven't let go of Wenger yet. Cold hard facts I'm afraid.
Some Arsenal "fans" want Emery to fail so much that they prefer it when we lose, happened as well in the last couple of years of Wenger's tenure.

Aubamagoal

Absolute load of tonsil. Neither of these two reasons are anywhere close to why I am not happy with Emery and I certainly DO NOT want him to fail.

Why bother answer, the guy is putting his words into other peoples mouths.

Emery is getting hated and will continued to be hated because:

1. his football is dire and boring to watch
2. cannot string a proper sentence in english together, hence no charisma to endear the fans
3. his teams are dominated, outshot by worse opposition. think watford
4. underdog mentality against weaker teams
5. cowardish football, cowardish setup
6. "protagonist" football? did not go for a win against united, worst ****ing united ever seen, was probably the most shameful thing he's done as an arsenal manager.

**** this guy and get a real winner on the sideline.

Impact

Established Member
After the international break we have 7 games in 19 days. Emery is going to have to use the squad exceptionally well.

Sheffield Utd vs Arsenal - 21/10
Arsenal v Vitoria (EL) - 24/10
Arsenal v Crystal Palace - 27/10
Liverpool v Arsenal (CC) - 30/10
Arsenal v Wolves - 02/11
Vitoria v Arsenal (EL) - 06/11.
Leicester v Arsenal - 09/11

10 points in the PL, remaining unbeaten in the EL and a competitive (win or lose) match with Liverpool would be a satisfactory return.

Aubamagoal

People seem to forget how sh*t this guy is, because we won against standard liege and forrest. In the league, he can barely scrap a 1-0 win against bournemouth. Give it a longer run, and I predict we will sit around 6th.

we will lose out on 4th to: Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Leicester (if not Sp**s).

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
People seem to forget how sh*t this guy is, because we won against standard liege and forrest. In the league, he can barely scrap a 1-0 win against bournemouth. Give it a longer run, and I predict we will sit around 6th.

we will lose out on 4th to: Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Leicester (if not Sp**s).

Like it's an established fact, that he is ****...he has had ups and downs here, as expected of a new manager taking over a club that was falling. Let's evaluate in mat shall we and keep the hope up

Jae

People need to relax. I don't think anybody is happy with the style of football, but we're not doing badly compared to the likes of United and Sp**s. He'll be gone at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

Let him have the season, I'm confident he'll get us top 4 (although admittedly not playing the best football but it's better than sacking him IMO). Get to the end of the season, see who's available, dust ourselves down and we go again. No need to be getting all hysterical.

Aubamagoal

People need to relax. I don't think anybody is happy with the style of football, but we're not doing badly compared to the likes of United and Sp**s. He'll be gone at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

Let him have the season, I'm confident he'll get us top 4 (although admittedly not playing the best football but it's better than sacking him IMO). Get to the end of the season, see who's available, dust ourselves down and we go again. No need to be getting all hysterical.
can agree with this

Reactions: Jae

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What is that logic based on that he is surely gone after the end of this season?

drippin

His contract ends at the end of the season. We're not seeing anything that suggests he can take us up another level.
Also keen to hear Jae's reasoning though.

He has 3-year contract. One year left after this.

Can you see Raul giving sacking him if Arsenal gets to UCL, which is the main objective?

I cannot. I see them possibly even extending so we won't be in similar uncertainty as with Wenger affecting the team and new acquisitions.

"The Spaniard took over as Arsenal’s head coach on a three-year deal last week but The Times has learnt that the club can invoke the clause without paying up the full value of his contract."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-have-break-clause-in-unai-emery-contract-b7dw7hwjh

Oh_Snap

If we get CL-Football his contract will be renewed - no illusion there. The football is dire but it would be madness to let him go from board perspective.

drippin

If we get CL-Football his contract will be renewed - no illusion there. The football is dire but it would be madness to let him go from board perspective.

Someone gets it. :) I'm thinking it from Raul's perspective. You don't punish a head coach for reaching the main objective.

And you just look at Wenger's last year with the uncertainty who will be the head coach next year.

They can put similar clause again to his renewed contract if it goes there.

MikeVinna

Established Member

At this point I don’t see him getting us forward from there to be honest. I’d rather we go for someone with a more dominant approach to the game when we can back that up with CL football and CL money..

But you’re right, I doubt the board would go that route.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You don't punish a head coach for reaching the main objective.
It's a very logical notion but there could also be the same feeling at board level as there is here. Accomplishing the objective is only half the mission. Building towards the future has always been a primary goal of this board.. At least that is what they tell us.

But in all likeliness you are quite correct

drippin

It's a very logical notion but there could also be the same feeling at board level as there is here. Accomplishing the objective is only half the mission. Building towards the future has always been a primary goal of this board.. At least that is what they tell us.

But in all likeliness you are quite correct

Yeah, well like many have said, if the performances don't improve after some time period, the results will very likely dip and won't reach top 4.

So there is still hope for some. :) Anyway the team building has been great in recent years compared to earlier, so the next guy will have great base to start from. Unlike in United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom