• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilfy

Leave Auba where tf he is. Most in form striker in the league and we’re discussing putting him on the wing because he “can do a job” there? Jeez.

He’s not and never will be a winger. He’s deputised there for a few games like Eto’o did when Inter had Milito but that side had many world class players. We have one.
It is a tricky one. Could we go the old fashioned two up top with a diamond midfield maybe?
We simply don't have the firepower to exclude laca when hes fit but I get what you're saying about playing auba centrally

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think the fact the team is playing poorly is harming his development.
Fair play to Emery for being bold and selecting him. But Emery has stuck him in the left wing with the hope that he'll create something out of nothing.

Look at what city and even Liverpool does. They isolate opposition fullbacks to Mane and Salah.
But we give our opponent enough time to organise their shape while launching our attack.

I know some of his decision making yesterday was questionable which you'd expect from a teenager. But it's good to see work hard. I lost count of the number of tackles he won yesterday. For someone with a small stature he's already better than Auba in hold up play.

I don't think he should be starting games for us consistently, but he'll have an important role to play in this season

Vantastico

Right now one of the few things Emery is getting right, I think, is giving him playing time. I felt occasionally like he was a standout young player last year, already. Glad we got rid of Iwobi to force Emery's hand a bit.

What I love most about him is that he keeps it simple, and tries to make the right passage of play every time. Even isn't afraid to use his right foot, which a lot of lefties don't do most of the time. Keeps the game moving fluidly and dangerously.

Between him, Auba and Martinelli, I feel like we have a good fill in of the left-wing position right now and in the future.

I'm very anxious to see which one of them links up with Tierney the best. On paper, I think Auba - Laca - Pepe will be our frontline, because Auba can cut inside and Tierney can overlap. But who knows, Saka might keep his spot even after Laca returns. Maybe he's that good. Excited to see how that plays out the rest of this season (Please, no injuries, and Pepe, come through man).

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Saka already showing that he is strong enough to handle the EPL.

Did very well pressing and closing down space, especially in the first half.

The attacking players are so isolated because of the way the team is set up.

No creativity through the middle at all. It will also help when Tierney comes back.

Better technically, quicker and more decisive in the final third than Kola. Although Kola wasn't that bad against Bournemouth.

Symbia

Very good technically but I really don't know why he hardly use his pace. Tends to shield his ball with his body which he obviously lose in many occasions as a result of much bigger and stronger opposition defence.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Very good technically but I really don't know why he hardly use his pace. Tends to shield his ball with his body which he obviously lose in many I occasions as a result of much bigger and stronger opposition defence.
That's a poor comment. He is excellent at shielding the ball which was really surprising to see considering his lack of experience

Symbia

That's a poor comment. He is excellent at shielding the ball which was really surprising to see considering his lack of experience
Shielding the ball with his physique?
He's just 18 and still growing. Trying to shield the ball against players almost twice his size doesn't depict experience.

Besides, wingers should be looking to beat their man as fast as possible and progress the ball. Don't get me wrong, I rate him but I think Martinelli style of play is much suitable for a young star with a bit of physical disadvantage.

Last edited:

Symbia

Could you repost this in English, please?
Screenshot-2019-10-09-13-48-01-894-com-android-chrome.jpg

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Shielding the ball with his physique?
He's just 18 and still growing. Trying to shield the ball against players almost twice his size doesn't depict experience.

Besides, wingers should be looking to beat their man as fast as possible and progress the ball. Don't get me wrong, I rate him but I think Martinelli style of play is much suitable for a young star with a bit of physical disadvantage.
He's great at shielding the ball, I don't know why you think thats a problem. An 18 year old able to hold his own against fully grown defenders means that when he matures he'll be able to do it so much better. And its not like he can't beat players for pace and trickery. He's got the full package.

Symbia

He's great at shielding the ball, I don't know why you think thats a problem. An 18 year old able to hold his own against fully grown defenders means that when he matures he'll be able to do it so much better. And its not like he can't beat players for pace and trickery. He's got the full package.
It's not a problem when he does that in a tight place and when needed.
My point here is that it should not be his role. He is neither a holdup player nor a target man.

A winger is suppose to move up the ball quickly and/or beat his man when needed.
I hardly see him beat his man with pace and trickery for the past two matches.

From his past matches including pre
season he is know to be full or tricks, quick with good crosses.
Recently he is playing like a playmaker in the wing, like Nasri, Hleb etc.

As I mentioned above, shielding the ball is great but he is a winger and shouldn't be always 'fighting' defenders.

Someone like me needs to see him beat his man with pace or whatever. I can't rember seeing him did it in the past two matches.

You guys keep mentioning experice which in all honesty sounds the opposite. Take Man Utd match as example. Young in full back is always shaky, Yamaleko dragged him all over the pitch in their match before Arsenal's.
Holding up the ball 'fighting' Young proved a bit frustrating as Young was much bigger and more experienced. It afforded Young the opportunity to foul him all the time which in most occasions was ignored by the ref. This also frustrated him as he started retaliating.

I want my boy Saka to be using off ball, moving behind the defence looking to score and assist.

Last edited:

Kingofthebongo

Very good technically but I really don't know why he hardly use his pace. Tends to shield his ball with his body which he obviously lose in many occasions as a result of much bigger and stronger opposition defence.

He is not using his pace because we don't have anybody playing in the 10 spaces to place through passes for him to run in behind. Same issue with Pepe.

They are both forced in and deep to collect the ball with their backs to goal from 3 CM's operating in the middle third or fullbacks.

And even having said that, he is doing quite fine with this limitation.

Symbia

He is not using his pace because we don't have anybody playing in the 10 spaces to place through passes for him to run in behind. Same issue with Pepe.

They are both forced in and deep to collect the ball with their backs to goal from 3 CM's operating in the middle third or fullbacks.

And even having said that, he is doing quite fine with this limitation.
Or maybe the manager instructed both as it's applicable to Pepe as well.

I have seen in several occasions Willock and Douzi running up the pitch with ball only for none of our wingers to run behind the defence.
This makes our wingers not effective as they are not degerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom