• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watzke might be a clown and Auba is a beast on social media, but it must suck to go from Klopp to Emery.

It is scary to think how devastating PEA could be in a team that dominated possession and actively created chances for him.

I know this sounds insane, but he seriously could average a goal a match for a full season with a better coach.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This has been blown out of proportion because of my "one-off" comment (which referred to his insane chance conversion, not the bare number of goals) and instead what we'd been discussing has probably even been forgotten by now.

This forum is a funny old place, because when I was saying that Auba would have more of an impact than Sanchez for us people were very sceptical, now he is treated like the second coming and even some top forwards Wenger used to work with are easily forgotten (this is where the above discussion started by the way,) as are the many misses Pierre had last season that were one of the reasons we missed top four. The exact same thing with Sokratis, only in reverse, I was attacked for having second thoughts and now many consider him a bad player etc. No sense of perspective, everything is black or white in here.

Auba still misses easy chances mate. But so do Lewandowski and Aguero. I've seen Aguero miss more sitters than Callum Wilson but what people often forget and what stats can't measure and sets elite strikers apart is their ability to evade markers on a consistent basis to get into those positions in the first place.

Then ofcourse, composure - but that comes with confidence, practice and getting regular chances.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm so pleased to have him. It's nice to have the hope that your striker might be able to get a vital goal when needed. I hope his crazy form continues all season and we win something. It'll cost us to keep him but that doesn't matter.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Auba still misses easy chances mate. But so do Lewandowski and Aguero. I've seen Aguero miss more sitters than Callum Wilson but what people often forget and what stats can't measure and sets elite strikers apart is their ability to evade markers on a consistent basis to get into those positions in the first place.

Then ofcourse, composure - but that comes with confidence, practice and getting regular chances.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you.

No offence taken mate. Just standing for what I wrote because I think the responses kind of did it no justice. I appreciate Auba, I was all but trying to undermine him, but I think that for past teams and states of football there has been some serious revisionism going on.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
If Saka and Martinelli keep their form long enough, Auba’s going to have to extend. He’s loving his football and will love it more with them.

Jae

Not that he wasn't last season, but we've entered the 'oh ****, we need to improve or he'll **** off' territory.

Yeah exactly mate, think he's started to realise this season that's he's surrounded by donkies. Changes need to be made or we risk losing him.

Not comparing myself to Auba in any way shape or form :lol: but I've been the best player on a sh*t football team in my younger days and it was infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom