• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
It's not like I've given up on him or anything like that but trying to glorify a tap in or devaluing a goal just because it’s a tap in are both equally hilarious

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's not like I've given up on him or anything like that but trying to glorify a tap in or devaluing a goal just because it’s a tap in are both equally hilarious
Clearly you didn't read the thread properly. The discussion is around whether or not the tap in will boost his confidence sufficiently.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Clearly you didn't read the thread properly. The discussion is around whether or not the tap in will boost his confidence sufficiently.
Its not a confidence issue imo. He hasn't stopped taking people on or trying curlers, its just that he'll take some time to get adjusted to the EPL.

sammy89

What's our success to failure ratio of club record signings? Off the top of my head I can remember Wiltord, Jeffers, Reyes, Arshavin and Özil being duds, though the last two could be argued as at least having one mind blowing season. The only complete success I can recall is Auba.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What's our success to failure ratio of club record signings? Off the top of my head I can remember Wiltord, Jeffers, Reyes, Arshavin and Özil being duds, though the last two could be argued as at least having one mind blowing season. The only complete success I can recall is Auba.
So you think club record has something to with the players succeding or not?
Like if a player cost 1m less than Özil its different?
Id think its the same as normal signings if id take a guess

sammy89

So you think club record has something to with the players succeding or not?
Like if a player cost 1m less than Özil its different?
Id think its the same as normal signings if id take a guess

Of course being a club record signing has an extra weight to it, don't play dumb.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Reyes wasn't a dud. He was very very crucial in the last few months of the Invincibles season. For that alone he should be deemed a success.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Of course being a club record signing has an extra weight to it, don't play dumb.
For who? Player? The club?

Stop acting like you know anything lol.

Answer my questions or don't. No need to be an ass. Explain how you think it works then if you think its so obvious

Keplaz

Reyes wasn't a dud. He was very very crucial in the last few months of the Invincibles season. For that alone he should be deemed a success.
I don't think Wiltord was a failure either. He won us the league at Old Trafford. And I think he scored a few winners too.

Not everyone can be Thierry Henry but some of these guys came up big when we needed them. I don't know why people think Reyes and Wiltord were failures.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wilford a dud? Reyes was developing too, left us for Real.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wiltord was a little soldier, good mentality, versatile, started for us, was also a squaddy, chipped in with goals and scored some big ones too.

People like him are integral pieces of a jigsaw in a good squad.

Good to have you back, soldier. Pound for pound missed you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nice link up by Zaha and Pepe, never see that at Arsenal.

Has Pepe had any tap in opportunities at Arsenal? I don’t remember any.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

OMG I posted something very similar to this in the Emery thread and got death threats from the Özil Defense League.

Call Best Quality Vacuum on 505-842-4205 and ask for “A replacement dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro”, it’s the only option left open to you at this point I’m afraid.

PS: You didn’t identify Laca in the list of record signings :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Problem being 80M signing is you want him to be immediately a boost to your team.

Realistically He comes from ligue 1 and is still young. He needs at least one year to adapt... and to be honest, Emery’s setup and tactics doesn’t help to any offensive player in the world. Messi would struggle to shine under Emery. Auba does constantly, yes he scores from nothing but he barely gets involved in plays because we lack in creation.

sammy89

Wiltord was a little soldier, good mentality, versatile, started for us, was also a squaddy, chipped in with goals and scored some big ones too.

People like him are integral pieces of a jigsaw in a good squad.

I prefer record signings that set the league alight. It's as if people have forgotten 70m pounds is a shytload of money, even in today's market. For that amount of money, I'm expecting the complete package, even in terms of adaptation. If he doesn't shape up by the 2nd half of this season I'll be disappointed.

zilfy

Emery’s setup and tactics doesn’t help to any offensive player in the world. Messi would struggle to shine under Emery. Auba does constantly, yes he scores from nothing but he barely gets involved in plays because we lack in creation.
Messi would shine under almost anyone, he's a god damned supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom