• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

How would sacking an under-performing coach count as "sacking the coach every year?"

We've had two coaches in 20+ years.

Emery's Arsenal is a bit rubbish, but who's not to say the next coach won't turn it around?

Our style of play isn't great but we are third
behind probably Europe's two best teams at present.
The squads made up of young players adjusting to English first team football and has missed some key members through injury.

All am saying is stand by the coaches so long form hasn't dropped massively below expectations like being positioned in mid-table whilst playing poor football.

Let's not be that kind of football club. Always maintain the class.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not many actually begging for the sack just highlighting that the football we're playing may not be a good way to sustain our position in the league.

39 votes for sack ASAP, 25,7 %. :) I think it is many, 1/4 of all voters. You would clearly win the general election in Finland with that amount.

Although I understand why, because if and likely when he gets top 4 this season, he will continue here even longer.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The squads made up of young players adjusting to English first team football and has missed some key members through injury.

All am saying is stand by the coaches so long form hasn't dropped massively below expectations like being positioned in mid-table whilst playing poor football.

League standings mean nothing at this stage.

Only Hull City, in 2009 have been this high in the league with a goal difference as low as ours currently (+2). We're conceding 17 shots on goal per game. 17.

We are where we are in the table for one reason only. Aubameyang.

drippin

League standings mean nothing at this stage.

Only Hull City, in 2009 have been this high in the league with a goal difference as low as ours currently (+2). We're conceding 17 shots on goal per game. 17.

We are where we are in the table for one reason only. Aubameyang.

Finland is going to Euro tournament for the 1st time ever, it's 99% sure or something.

Only because of Pukki with that logic. Doesn't convince me. It's a team sport.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

We are also a club that plays good attacking football. It's been our brand since Wenger became our manager. I wouldn't change our image for Emery. I sincerely hope he is a stopgap manager no matter the results if our attack is hoping auba can bail us out. Thats how it looks. You can see the difference when we play our youngsters in Europa league. Clear attacking plan, beautiful to watch.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Finland is going to Euro tournament for the 1st time ever, it's 99% sure or something.

You think we would be in this position if Auba was injured instead of Laca? Wouldn't bet on it.

I bet Portugal wouldn't have done very well without Ronaldo theses years or Argentina without Messi.

Sweden without Zlatan in the past.

I'm sure finland wouldn't have qualified if Pukki wasn't there either tbf. I mean 7 goals in 8 matches? elite numbers.

drippin

You think we would be in this position if Auba was injured instead of Laca? Wouldn't bet on it.

I bet Portugal wouldn't have done very well without Ronaldo theses years or Argentina without Messi.

Sweden without Zlatan in the past.

I'm sure finland wouldn't have qualified if Pukki wasn't there either tbf.

That's the point of it. Any manager in top team has top players who help the team. You could say the same for any those teams with that logic.

Still the one player is not the only reason for the team to win. It's a team sport. Not many goals come Maradona-like from a striker, running up the whole pitch by himself and scoring.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

That's the point of it. Any manager in top team has top players who help the team. You could say the same for any those teams with that logic.

Still the one player is not the only reason for the team to win. It's a team sport. Not many goals come Maradona-like from a striker, running up the whole pitch by himself and scoring.

Maybe. But if you remove any plater from a Klopp team, They would still have a attacking plan which all players know and works, same with most other top-managers. They don't rely on individual excellency.

Mourinho at chelsea was just relying on Hazard. When he was out they or he had an off day they looked clueless. Had zero attacking plan, just like emery.

drippin

Maybe. But if you remove any plater from a Klopp team, They would still have a attacking plan which all players know and works, same with most other top-managers. They don't rely on individual excellency.

Mourinho at chelsea was just relying on Hazard. When he was out they or he had an off day they looked clueless. Had zero attacking plan, just like emery.

I understand what you guys mean. But still it's lazy to say it's the only reason.

And how many years has Klopp been in Liverpool again compared to Emery in Arsenal? (4 years vs. 1 year basically.)

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I understand what you guys mean. But still it's lazy to say it's the only reason.

And how many years has Klopp been in Liverpool again compared to Emery in Arsenal?
I agree with the Emery only having one year to implement his style. But you saw how the team was formed and their attacking and pressing started to show with Klopp.

Whats the reason we are doing well with emery then?
Is it the defence? Surely not. Is it our great offence? Not really.. Are we domininating midfield? Not imo...

Our pressing, at times, is starting to look good though.

Can you point to anything other than maybe our improved pressing and auba?

Jae

39 votes for sack ASAP, 25,7 %. :) I think it is many, 1/4 of all voters. You would clearly win the general election in Finland with that amount.

Although I understand why, because if and likely when he gets top 4 this season, he will continue here even longer.

You've made the assumption here that all the posters on AM are truly genuine, reasonable Arsenal fans with balanced opinions that are grounded in logic and facts.

I'd take any poll result on here with a massive pinch of salt.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Don't be obtuse, you know exactly what I mean. We might be 3rd but the 9 point gap between us and Liverpool is the same as the gap between us and Norwich who are 19th place.

Average, crisis-ridden teams are slicing our midfield open like a warm knife through butter and if they had a finisher like Auba we'd be toast;
  • Sp**s (H) - equaliser from 2-0 down to get a point. Sp**s 13 attempts, 9 on target.
  • Man U (A) - equaliser from 1-0 down to get a point. Man U 20 attempts, 4 on target.
  • Villa (H) - winner from 2-2 to get 3 points. Villa 14 attempts, 9 on target.
  • Newcastle (A) - winner from 0-0 to get 3 point. Newcastle 9 attempts, 2 on target.
  • Watford (A) - both goals to get a point. Watford 31 attempts, 10 on target.
In most of these games we've literally handed goals to the opposition. Yeah, it's a team game, and right now we're getting results despite, not because of our team performances.

drippin

Don't be obtuse, you know exactly what I mean. We might be 3rd but the 9 point gap between us and Liverpool is the same as the gap between us and Norwich who are 19th place.

Average, crisis-ridden teams are slicing our midfield open like a warm knife through butter and if they had a finisher like Auba we'd be toast;
  • Sp**s (H) - equaliser from 2-0 down to get a point. Sp**s 13 attempts, 9 on target.
  • Man U (A) - equaliser from 1-0 down to get a point. Man U 20 attempts, 4 on target.
  • Villa (H) - winner from 2-2 to get 3 points. Villa 14 attempts, 9 on target.
  • Newcastle (A) - winner from 0-0 to get 3 point. Newcastle 9 attempts, 2 on target.
  • Watford (A) - both goals to get a point. Watford 31 attempts, 10 on target.
In most of these games we've literally handed goals to the opposition. Yeah, it's a team game, and right now we're getting results despite, not because of our team performances.

Don't be hyperbolic so I don't have to respond to it. ;)

I'm not saying the football is great thus far, never have.

Bosnia won Finland 4-1 and was clearly superior (Finland underperforming away), and next lost to Greece 2-1 with shots 25-5, while Finland won Armenia 3-0. Watford was great panic from the whole team basically.

From what I remember the midfield had similar problems in Wenger's last years, never buying the player there we needed.

Let's see what happens in a couple months, I still need more performances to evaluate it well.

With your logic I could counter-argue that we lost many points due to individual mistakes only. Xhaka (penalty), Sokratis (pass to opponent), Kolasinac (running with no brains after a corner) and Luiz mistakes, a few games as an example of bad mistake leading to goal.

If Auba's good individual goals are not affected at all by Emery, then surely individual mistakes by other players are not affected by Emery either.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Once again another person who quotes a post and in doing so misses the entire point of said post but goes off arguing on a tangent.

Let me spell it out for you since you clearly didn't understand said post:

Emery focuses on graft and a worker attitude over artists and flair.

No where did i say you can't be a great coach without being a great player. I never said, nor insinuated it, you're the one full of bull **** here. Once again reading comprehension is paramount.

Go learn to read before you talk crap.

drippin

Once again another person who quotes a post and in doing so misses the entire point of said post but goes off arguing on a tangent.

Let me spell it out for you since you clearly didn't understand said post:

Emery focuses on graft and a worker attitude over artists and flair.

No where did i say you can't be a great coach without being a great player. I never said, nor insinuated it, you're the one full of bull **** here. Once again reading comprehension is paramount.

Go learn to read before you talk crap.

Did you happen to know that Pep & Klopp also want great work attitude and stamina from players for their tactics to work? It doesn't have to be either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom