• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
That is a bold statement.

If we're talking about technique, then Nelson is definitely the biggest talent.

He has the ability to do whatever he wants with the ball.

Close control, first touch, short passing, long passing, crossing and shooting are all in his arsenal.

He is the perfect attacking prospect. It's all about mentality and for him to keep working hard and not taking his opportunities for granted.

Impact

Established Member
Was at the heart of all our good play in the first half. His interplay with Tierney looked very promising.

Pre-assist for Martinelli's first. Assist for his second. Has the shot which ricochets to Willock for his goal. Should have won a stonewall penalty. Puts one on a plate for Martinelli who somehow missed.

Was a threat all game. Playing himself into some good form.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Little hype about what was a good game for him but I think that's kinda good. Gets to develop out of the glare of the doubters. I'm just glad he is building his stock again - soon he will firmly be back in the conversation as long as he keeps this up.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Kinda harsh for Emery not to put him in matchday squad for Bournemouth. Personally, think he could be an option for the elusive number 10 role Emery wants. Would do no harm to try him out there.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
P.S whenever I type, the screen annoyingly zooms off the text box so I can’t always see what I’m typing. Does anyone else get this?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bad time for Nelson to pick up a knock, hope he recovers and pushes on from there, so much potential.
He will miss about a week of Arsenal games by my estimation. Its thankfully not long term. Perhaps unfortunate as he was beginning to play his way into form. He should be back for one of the upcoming cup games.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seen today the club have said he’s not back in training until November.

Frustrating because he was looking better in his last two games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seen today the club have said he’s not back in training until November.

Frustrating because he was looking better in his last two games.
Heard some whispers on Twitter that the problem had been niggling since preseason so had to have the surgery. Would make a bit of sense - he hasn't looked as sharp so far this season and he pushed himself the last two games then when he came off v Standard he looked hurt. Must be MCL strain which isn't bad. He will probably miss no more than a couple of weeks I reckon.

It's relatively bad timing but I am optimistic. Theres a lot of football still to be played and he is still a top talent, far greater than some have said. I still back him.

Kingofthebongo

Heard some whispers on Twitter that the problem had been niggling since preseason so had to have the surgery. Would make a bit of sense - he hasn't looked as sharp so far this season and he pushed himself the last two games then when he came off v Standard he looked hurt. Must be MCL strain which isn't bad. He will probably miss no more than a couple of weeks I reckon.

This would explain a lot. I am hopeful that the reason he has been playing within himself is due to this.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This would explain a lot. I am hopeful that the reason he has been playing within himself is due to this.
Doesn't really explain why he was 'playing within himself' at Hoffenheim last season. Jury still out here in a big way. Hope he heals up fast and can show us what he is made of from January onwards.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we're talking about technique, then Nelson is definitely the biggest talent.

He has the ability to do whatever he wants with the ball.

Close control, first touch, short passing, long passing, crossing and shooting are all in his arsenal.

He is the perfect attacking prospect. It's all about mentality and for him to keep working hard and not taking his opportunities for granted.
Agree and that's why I worry for Saka, Martinelli and co.

Nelson is the crown jewel of the academy in terms of pure talent and people don't even have patience for him.

Kingofthebongo

Doesn't really explain why he was 'playing within himself' at Hoffenheim last season. Jury still out here in a big way. Hope he heals up fast and can show us what he is made of from January onwards.

That is just an obvious statement that doesn't really mean much to me. You would struggle to name thirty 19 year olds in world football for whom the jury is still not out there in a big way to succeed long term in playing for a club as big as Arsenal.
'The jury is still out there in a big way' for 99 percent of players of that age group aspiring to start for Arsenal, unless your name is Mbappe, Felix, Sancho and a handful of others.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That is just an obvious statement that doesn't really mean much to me. You would struggle to name thirty 19 year olds in world football for whom the jury is still not out there in a big way to succeed long term in playing for a club as big as Arsenal.
'The jury is still out there in a big way' for 99 percent of players of that age group aspiring to start for Arsenal, unless your name is Mbappe, Felix, Sancho and a handful of others.
Yes, although the common theme within this forum has been to talk about how high his ceiling is yada yada so actually it's not a very 'obvious statement' because it is a reminder of how the conversation should be held when in fact quite often the over hype is common place on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom