• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like him and will support him, but he just doesn't seem the fit for us...needs to be at a smaller club, some players/managers just don't suit the top teams...hopefully he wins the UEFA cup or gets top four this season, wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Vieira soon though

Reactions: Kav

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We are not discussing his potential here. The statement by jae was that he looks like a world beater. I named a few players in the league that he's not even better than. Just for good measure i even said he has not shown enough to displace kola AS YET.

Nothing i said is inaccurate yet you want to make a point about how i see his potential. That is a subjective analysis. No two persons will have the same perspective. In any case he looks like he has good potential.

He doesn't look any better than clichy was. Was he a good LB, yes. Was he a great one, No.

You are just arguing because you have nothing to say. Thanks for the laugh though.

Well you said he was "good potential". I think he is absolutely great potential, while having accomplished very much at Scottish league as a captain at very young age. Compare that to Jenkinson, who I think could be described as "good potential" when he signed the big contract. Totally different level of magnitude.

And in fact Tierney has surely already shown Emery enough to replace Kolasinac as a starting LB. Kola makes some mistake almost every game.

It is just that Tierney is getting eased in after being out of games for ~5 months. We can both see in the future how Tierney proves you totally wrong, I could bet on it. "Good potential" ffs. :rofl:

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Well you said he was "good potential". I think he is absolutely great potential, while having accomplished very much at Scottish league as a captain at very young age. Compare that to Jenkinson, who I think could be described as "good potential" when he signed the big contract.

And in fact Tierney has surely already shown Emery enough to replace Kolasinac as a starting LB. Kola makes some mistake almost every game.

It is just that Tierney is getting eased in after being out of games for ~5 months. We can both see in the future how Tierney proves you totally wrong, I could bet on it. "Good potential" ffs. :rofl:
We simply see things differently . To me Tierney is a B class player. On the other hand Ashley cole was an "A"class player.

i want players of the calibre of cole in our defense not the tierney's of the world.

I will and do support him(KT) as long as he's here. I just don't rate him like you lot do. Especially based on his what 2 games. :facepalm:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We simply see things differently . To me Tierney is a B class player. On the other hand Ashley cole was an "A"class player.

i want players of the calibre of cole in our defense not the tierney's of the world.

I will and do support him(KT) as long as he's here. I just don't rate him like you lot do. Especially based on his what 2 games. :facepalm:
Ashley is a once in a 20-30 year player though.

Tierney is potentially great though.

drippin

i want players of the calibre of cole in our defense not \the tourney's of the world.

I will and do support him. I just don't rate him like you lost do. Especially based on his what 2 games. :facepalm:

Sure. "Good potential" sentence is based on potential. Tierney has showed a lot more than that already in Scotland. It's not based on just 2 games at Arsenal, which were great after such a long injury eventhough easier opponents.

I would think most people say he is "great potential" (again compare to Jenkinson for example). Maybe we understand the words "good potential" very differently.

I wouldn't say he is a world-beater either, it has no basis yet. Very few reach that level.

Kav

Established Member
To
Sure. "Good potential" sentence is based on potential. Tierney has showed a lot more than that already in Scotland. It's not based on just 2 games at Arsenal, which were great after such a long injury eventhough easier opponents.

I would think most people say he is "great potential" (again compare to Jenkinson for example). Maybe we understand the words "good potential" very differently.

I wouldn't say he is a world-beater either, it has no basis yet. Very few reach that level.
I have not seen much of him playing for scotland to be honest so i can't comment on his displays for that team.

I'm just saying that he has got good potential and we should support him without hyping him up and putting too much pressure on him. We do that too often as fans.

He can become a very good player but we should allow him the time, he's still young.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To

I have not seen much of him playing for scotland to be honest so i can't comment on his displays for that team.

I'm just saying that he has got good potential and we should support him without hyping him up and putting too much pressure on him. We do that too often as fans.

He can become a very good player but we should allow him the time, he's still young.
Fair points, especially when you consider people like Charlie Nicholas saying that Tierney has improvements to make now that he’s in the PL. Nicholas knows him better than most.

Van Dijk was allowed to develop at Southampton without much pressure.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
To

He's not going to be a messiah and solve all our defensive issues but make no mistake the boy can play. He's got all the technical abilities you want in a top class fullback. And about his crossing, it's an absolute laser guided weapon. One thing all defences find hard to deal with is a good old-fashioned early cross whipped in with pace.

drippin

To

Yeah, good points. We disagree on the potential and what he has shown already.

Kolasinac has been okay this season, but I have seen him make at least 2 very silly mistakes leading to goal later in recent times.

So I will much rather see Tierney there potentially making those mistakes, while his offensive output will very likely be better than Kolasinac (which is not so bad.)

Kav

Established Member
Yeah, good points. We disagree on the potential and what he has shown already.

Kolasinac has been okay this season, but I have seen him make at least 2 very silly mistakes leading to goal later in recent times.

So I will much rather see Tierney there potentially making those mistakes, while his offensive output will very likely be better than Kolasinac (which is not so bad.)
Fair enough, I understand your perspective here.

drippin

Fair enough, I understand your perspective here.

It's not a bad mistake to say "good" instead of "great" for example. You had some good points about expectations and that he isn't a world-beater yet.

But it was just so funny to think what would Jenkinson be then? He was "bad potential" when Wenger extended him? :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
We are not discussing his potential here. The statement by jae was that he looks like a world beater. I named a few players in the league that he's not even better than. Just for good measure i even said he has not shown enough to displace kola AS YET.

You are blind if you can't see how much better we look with Tierney compared to Kola...... Kola is an average player whom we should have sold in the summer. Why we sold Monreal instead I have no idea.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Emery's limitations as a player will affect the effectiveness of his methods. How much can he teach a player who knows more about playing a position than he does will be the issue.

Not sure I’m understanding your meaning here matey? For example, Louis Van Gaal, Guus Hiddink and some chap named Arsène Wenger all had extremely modest playing careers.

Kav

Established Member
It's not about their careers. As I said it's his ability to get his message across. That will be crucial.

Edit: Just to be clear. I am not saying that you need to have a good career or be a great player in order to be a great coach. Not at all.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I do think players deep inside think Emery is a clown. I sometimes read his transcripted messages and it makes no sense.

Maybe a good coach in Spanish in there but it's like I'm listening to a toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom