• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The good thing once we moved on from Wenger is that we can actually switch the coach without having to go through a fully fledged psycho drama.

Emery really hasn’t impressed all that much. We are in a decent position in the league table, but we really aren’t playing all the well. The more I see of his player selection and tactical back and forth the less I think he is a long term solution. Hopefully a good candidate becomes available and the club can give a switch a closer look.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
An extremely low number of goals scored so far in this round of Premiership games. We are about 12 goals below the average. So expect a 6-6 draw tomorrow.

Steps

Do you have a problem with that you idiot
BRTky.jpg

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Liverpool ONLY drew 1-1 with United at Old Trafford? They are rubbish, Klopp surely got to go now?

This is literally the Emery out logic though. Constant negative knee jerk. It’s really that people can’t admit that the league is more competitive now than it has ever been. No game is a sure thing. Not sure why people can’t understand that.

We have no allegiance to Emery. We just want stability and not to succumb to this childish pettiness that has enter football. “He made a mistake, fire him! Boo our own coach/players at home, that’ll show em to make a mistake!”

Steps

This is literally the Emery out logic though. Constant negative knee jerk. It’s really that people can’t admit that the league is more competitive now than it has ever been. No game is a sure thing. Not sure why people can’t understand that.

We have no allegiance to Emery. We just want stability and not to succumb to this childish pettiness that has enter football. “He made a mistake, fire him! Boo our own coach/players at home, that’ll show em to make a mistake!”

In all honesty, what knee jerk are you talking about? We collapsed last year and in the 8 games so far this season we've played some of the ugliest football I've ever seen an Arsenal team put forth. I think it is absolutely fair to question whether or not he is the right man for the job. Football is a ruthless business, and you either get results or you get gone.

We are Arsenal Football Club, one of the largest in the world. We do not, and should not, waste time faffing about. We should be focused on returning to glory, not pinning our hopes on a 4th place finish just so we can make cash in the CL before getting run out during the group stage or in the first knockout round.

We need to be a team that plays for trophies. One that impresses on the pitch to attract top talent to make that happen. Looking like a bunch of amateurs and scraping by teams by one goal or giving up a 2 goal lead to clubs like Watford is embarrassing stuff. We can throw money at players to try to convince them to join our side, but being perennial Europa League contenders isn't going to turn many heads.

EmeryOut camp is so negative these days. Of course our defensive tactics and closer to 2 chances per game created is master tactics that got us very high in the table. We are tricking other teams into thinking we are not showing up to play football. We even trick our selves. But its all planning out!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EmeryOut camp is so negative these days. Of course our defensive tactics and closer to 2 chances per game created is master tactics that got us very high in the table. We are tricking other teams into thinking we are not showing up to play football. We even trick our selves. But its all planning out!

We tricked Watford into playing football in the second half tbf. Some 4 dimensional chess going on there.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
In all honesty, what knee jerk are you talking about? We collapsed last year and in the 8 games so far this season we've played some of the ugliest football I've ever seen an Arsenal team put forth. I think it is absolutely fair to question whether or not he is the right man for the job.

Our football is changing. Emery is not focusing on having the field filled with technical maestros like Wenger did (which also lead to our teams getting physically battered off the field). Emery is trying something new. I've seen some promising moments, but you are right, as a whole, the team's attacking play needs to be more fluid. This could happen with the return of good fullbacks, but our midfield may be the real issue.

Football is a ruthless business, and you either get results or you get gone.

Technically, he is getting results. You guys just don't like that he tries to defend a lead instead of going for the jugular. Wenger started doing this too. It's a negative tactic, but maybe they've seen evidence that this is the approach that yields the best results? I don't know.

We are Arsenal Football Club, one of the largest in the world. We do not, and should not, waste time faffing about. We should be focused on returning to glory, not pinning our hopes on a 4th place finish just so we can make cash in the CL before getting run out during the group stage or in the first knockout round.

We need to be a team that plays for trophies. One that impresses on the pitch to attract top talent to make that happen. Looking like a bunch of amateurs and scraping by teams by one goal or giving up a 2 goal lead to clubs like Watford is embarrassing stuff. We can throw money at players to try to convince them to join our side, but being perennial Europa League contenders isn't going to turn many heads.

These paragraphs almost contradict each other. The part that doesn't contradict, I agree with; Arsenal needs to be competing for top trophies, if this isn't the target for our board then they need to go. Maybe the part of this we disagree on is how we get there. We are in a transition period right now and staying rather solid. It's a step by step rebuilding. Getting into the top 4 gets us into the Champions League which brings in money and attracts better talent (possibly the only way to keep Auba). That's a good goal for this year. But the bar raises after we achieve that.

As for the Watford part, yes that was a bad result. Bringing it up constantly as if it defines Emery as an intolerable failure is the knee jerk I am referring to. We've lost a 4 goal lead to Newcastle in 2011 under a legendary manager ffs, bad results happen, I just expect us to learn from it and move forward

Dudes, I’m not going to argue that we don’t need to improve aesthetically. The knee jerk is people still living in the early 2000 glory days and acting like the club is in it’s worst position in years. God forbid a manager sets up defensively. The only two games you knee jerkingly refer to that we registered 2 shots on target were 1-nil wins against Bournemouth and Newcastle.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Liverpool ONLY drew 1-1 with United at Old Trafford? They are rubbish, Klopp surely got to go now?

You want to sack a guy who is undefeated in the league , just won the CL , who has maximised the output from players he had but you wanr to keep Emery ? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom