• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

McGinn is better than Grealish I feel. Grealish has nice dribbling but you can't put a price on someone like McGinn with his movement, instincts, ability to score goals.

Most of football is played when you don't have the ball and I think McGinn is better in that regard. He knows which positions to take up, how to exploit space, has a great engine.

Players like Doucoure and McGinn are the guys you'd take from lower level sides if you're looking to improve the midfield. Grealish, I'm not so sure. Aesthetically what he does with the ball looks nice but I'm gonna have to watch him throughout the coming weeks to see what else he brings to the table.

Tbf to Grealish he’s had more end product this year, interestingly has more goals and assists in all competitions than McGinn.

Keep an eye on him, he’s worked hard on his game and improved massively year on year.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not sure why we'd blow 50m on Grealish or McGinn when we have Smith-Rowe, who is probably already as good, but just needs minutes. Between Torreria, Matteo, Willock and ESR we have a talented bunch of young midfielders. I'd want to add in Ceballos and some physicality ala Ndidi or Dacoure.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ve wanted Grealish here for quite sometime now, I knew he’d be able to make the step up to the PL once again. Thankfully he didn’t move to Sp**s when they wanted him a few seasons back.

McGinn would be a fantastic purchase, the lad has surprised me this season, I think he would easily slot into our side. Another Scottish lad too, I’m sure Tierney would welcome it.

Personally, I’d rather we splashed out on either one of these two rather than go for Ceballos.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
New manager who plays attacking, pressing football.

Out: Xhaka, Kolasinac, Özil (inevitable), Mustafi, Torreira, Chambers, Mavro (loan), Elneny (permanent), Mkhitaryan (permanent)
(note: I like Torreira, but I have a feeling he will never truely settle here)

In:
Saliba
Ball-playing CB, left-footed
Creative midfielder (not a pure 10), incisive pass, good dribble
Back-up RB, young high-ceiling (could be an academy graduate)
Back-up LB, young, high ceiling (ditto)
Dynamic 6, high mobility, press resistant, passing range
Nketiah

I'm thinking players in the mould of Hermoso, Aouar, Partey, but it's too early to tell who will come floating to the surface this season. For the sake of it:

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Hermoso-type - Tierney
Partey-type
Aouar-type
- Willock
Pepe - Aubameyang - Saka

Martinez
Back-up - Saliba - Luiz - Back-up
Maitland-Niles
ESR - Guendouzi
Nelson - Lacazette - Martinelli

Jury is still out on Ceballos, but I'm currently not convinced. Think what I describe above is what we need to do regardless of his situation. If Ceballos doesn't impress, I would consider buying a back-up 6, though that would be the nail in the coffin for AMN.

We also need to start planning long-term for our striker position. Auba is the most valuable player at the club at the moment, but he will decline at some point. I'm currently leaning towards keeping him for as long as possible. Potentially have to sell Lacazette though as he isn't the youngest either, and either give the back-up striker role to Nketiah or to buy a young promising striker (Chalov type). Can't afford to let both strikers run down their contract as they represent a lot of value.

Could consider buying a top left-winger (age 23-26 range) with the Lacazette money, depending on how Saka/Martinelli/Nelson will develop over the course of this season. Not sure who though.

Last edited:
Not sure why we'd blow 50m on Grealish or McGinn when we have Smith-Rowe, who is probably already as good, but just needs minutes. Between Torreria, Matteo, Willock and ESR we have a talented bunch of young midfielders. I'd want to add in Ceballos and some physicality ala Ndidi or Dacoure.
Lets face it pal, you aint getting Ndidi.

LG10

Dani Olmo is a world beater. We need a playmaking type for the lw, a zaha wouldn’t work in a 3 with auba and pepe. Olmo’s the one and he’ll be cheap.

Wryer

In my alternative reality I hope to see us bringing in players already in the PL - the best of the rest level players. I believe this lot has another level to go.

Nathan Ake
Lascelles
Redmond
Ndidi
Ricardo Perreira
Kabasele
Doucoure

Iceman10

Established Member
This is a wish list after all, but Ødegaard would be good if he were available. I would still prioritize CB (e.g. Upamecano) and CDM (e.g. Partey) first. I feel a little guilty for not identifying PL players as others are doing above, part of my mental block with that is a feel for a very inflated market for transfers within the PL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is a wish list after all, but Ødegaard would be good if he were available. I would still prioritize CB (e.g. Upamecano) and CDM (e.g. Partey) first. I feel a little guilty for not identifying PL players as others are doing above, part of my mental block with that is a feel for a very inflated market for transfers within the PL.

Ødegaard would be the type of player Arsène would have went for, wish we got Tielemans before Leicester did.

karquosa

Calvin Stengs had an incredible performance against PSV this last weekend. The combination of his technical ability, pace, and physical profile is really special. Also seems fairly two-footed. Would love him here.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Calvin Stengs had an incredible performance against PSV this last weekend. The combination of his technical ability, pace, and physical profile is really special. Also seems fairly two-footed. Would love him here.

He's one footed. Nonetheless, excellent talent. Hope he goes to Ajax first, but might be out of our league if he continues to develop there.

karquosa

He's one footed. Nonetheless, excellent talent. Hope he goes to Ajax first, but might be out of our league if he continues to develop there.

What have you seen that makes you think he's one footed? No video I've seen of him indicates that he is overly dependent on either foot. Seems he shoots, passes and dribbles with both at a decent level.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom