• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Wish people would bore off with the Wenger comparisons btw. It’s not an either / or scenario.

Wenger was rubbish and was deservedly sacked. Only pity was that it took the board so long. Emery looks rubbish and I hope the board don’t make the same mistake again.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He is lucky we are in europa, allows him to have a easy game after every poor performance, if we were in the champs league then pressure would build on him
Great point. 4-0 and 5-0 wins in the cups have tempered a full-on meltdown. It also gave him an idea about the best way to set up this team as well but he's too damn thick to get it.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m angry as **** with that performance, but still very happy to stick it to the insufferable xG hyprocrite-nerds who only ever mention stats when we lose:

We won xG again. Suck on it.

GunnerShy

Look at the goal difference look at the shots on goal.. our points have outperformed us off the back of Auba being unbelievable. He has come back to earth now (off even worse service) and we stink.

He deserves the pressure he is about to come under and I'm interested in how he reacts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If I thought he had a chance of top 4 I’d argue against sacking him. Too much risk involved changing a manager mid-season.

Problem is that I honestly don’t think this joker has a chance. We’re absolutely dire, and we’re getting worse.
Who is going to finish above us? Not Utd, not Chelsea when the kids run out of steam.

Weak race for top 4 is saving Emery.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Great point. 4-0 and 5-0 wins in the cups have tempered a full-on meltdown. It also gave him an idea about the best way to set up this team as well but he's too damn thick to get it.

This is what I don't understand. We play with so much more freedom in those games. I know they aren't against the greatest of opposition. If we played like that in the league then maybe he'd have more backing from the fans.

say yes

forum master baiter
Who is going to finish above us? Not Utd, not Chelsea when the kids run out of steam.

Weak race for top 4 is saving Emery.
I’d currently back Chelsea, Leicester and (just about) Sp**s to finish ahead of us. United will battle us for 6th.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’d currently back Chelsea, Leicester and (just about) Sp**s to finish ahead of us. United will battle us for 6th.
Nah, Abraham, Mount etc aren’t going to produce when it’s critical like Auba, Laca etc.

Leicester similar, Vardy or Maddison dips and it’s game over. We’re just a little more stable.

Pepes blue pill

Look at the goal difference look at the shots on goal.. our points have outperformed us off the back of Auba being unbelievable. He has come back to earth now (off even worse service) and we stink.

He deserves the pressure he is about to come under and I'm interested in how he reacts.

This was mentioned loads by people on here as well only for people to shoot them down and say you couldnt use it as a negative against emery, of course you can use one player saving the team time n time again as a negative because it cant last, the emery backers are blind tho

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At the start of Predator, when Schwarzenegger is smoking that massive cigar...that's definitely Mesut right now! :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Piss poor. You can't defend that game. Oh well, on to the next one. Get ready for Zaha to have the game of his life :lol:

Kav

Established Member
This clown should be sacked in the morning. 99% of fans disagreed with his starting 11. His refusal to start Holding, Tierney, Torreira and loyalty to garbage players like Kolasinac, Xhaka and Sokratis has made me lose all faith.

Also, why bring off Pepe like that?! Thought he was very lively and we just knocked his confidence.

Last season you could argue that the players weren't good enough and he needed time. This season we have Laca, Pepe, Auba, Martinelli, Saka, Özil, Ceballos... really talented players and we can't create anything against relegation fodder.

The players seem confused and disheartened. Sack him in the morning and give it to Freddie to the end of the season. Hell, Benitez would make an excellent interim manager until Ten Hag/ Nagelsmann in the summer!

Absolutely fuming right now
To be fair to emery his job is not to appease fans and care about how we feel when selecting teams. His job is to win games, improve the players, attain targets.

My gripe with him is that he's not very good at any of that. We can all disagree on team selection. However when he makes inexplicable decisions and the results are poor he will have to live and die by them. Thats the nature of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom