• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Biggest issue is I'm not sure who we can replace him with. I'd be fine with us getting rid of him in the next few weeks if results and performances don't improve but would be hard to get a competent replacement. Don't want to get into a situation like United have if we went for someone like Arteta, Ljungberg or Vieira. So do we wait until the end of the season and attempt to get a world class coach in? Anyone reckon Pep fancies a new challenge? :lol:

goonerfamily

To be fair to emery his job is not to appease fans and care about how we feel when selecting teams. His job is to win games, improve the players, attain targets.

My gripe with him is that he's not very good at any of that. We can all disagree on team selection. However when he makes inexplicable decisions and the results are poor he will have to live and die by them. Thats the nature of the game.

No I agree but I just cannot see what Xhaka and Kolasinac have done to keep their spot in this team. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing our best players

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
If he starts Xkaka and Kolasinac against Palace, may well say goodbye to his job.

To any top team job for that matter

HBL

Established Member
Leicester are currently massively outperforming their stats, something will have to change or they'll drop off

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
One thing I absolutely despise about Emery is how he uses the 10 role. It’s so anti-football, even Mourinho wouldn’t do it. Yes I know Mourinho gets a lot of hate here but at least he knew the importance of the role. Helped Özil and Sneijder reach high points in their career.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Biggest issue is I'm not sure who we can replace him with. I'd be fine with us getting rid of him in the next few weeks if results and performances don't improve but would be hard to get a competent replacement. Don't want to get into a situation like United have if we went for someone like Arteta, Ljungberg or Vieira. So do we wait until the end of the season and attempt to get a world class coach in? Anyone reckon Pep fancies a new challenge? :lol:
I'd bet my life (if that's worth anything to you) that Freddie will do a better job than this. Atleast for half a season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Emery cant seem to set up a decent possession game or attack. The attack is all based around transitions and overlapping full backs. While I dont doubt that Tierneys arrival and Bellerins return will help with the latter, the former is useless if we don't play the players who can force turnovers nor the possession tactics to create chances reliably.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d currently back Chelsea, Leicester and (just about) Sp**s to finish ahead of us. United will battle us for 6th.

Chelsea and Leicester have no depth at all tbf.

As for Sp**s if they get Mourinho in then probably but I think that team is done. You can’t play a high pressing game year in, year out and not build up the squad.

Kane and the rest of them looked dead by half time on Saturday. Levy’s f*cked them with his stinginess.

HBL

Established Member
Not convinced a Ljungberg experiment is the way to go.

Pep, Ten Haag, Tuchel are the 3 most exciting coaches in the world imo. No chance we get the first option but would love all three.

Luis Enrique could be worth a gamble but got the feeling he was bailed out by Messi at Barca. Not convinced I want Allegri, I just want to enjoy watching us play again.

Kav

Established Member
All that said, I’m pretty certain we’ll get top 4, even 3rd.
i think we will finish 5th based on how we play. United won't be crap all season and Sp**s will bounce back (i am enjoying their decline right now though). Leicester will be there fighting and Chelsea have good players like willian, jorginho, batshuayi, and even barkley on his day is half decent, they will finish above us if things continue this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom