• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The most important thing for a manager is to have an idea and getting that across to his players, the rest are side parts I believe - discipline, man management etc.

Some have it all in an abundance - Wenger, Klopp, Ferguson etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lampard has had a great education, played under so many different managers, some good and some bad, played for England under many managers, related to Harry.

Probably learnt a lot of what to do and what not do by just looking at how guys like Redknapp, McLaren, Sven, Capello, Mourinho, Villas Boas, Scolari, Ancelotti, Benitez etc handled situations.

I know his England time was pretty frustrating for a long time with managers trying to fit in him with Gerrard, Scholes, Hargreaves, Joe Cole etc.

joechay8

Would be abit worried hiring a manage that has never managed before ie
Ljungberg or Arteta.

The only way it could work is having and experienced assistant imo. David O'leary perhaps.

Julian Nagellsman for me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lampard has had a great education, played under so many different managers, some good and some bad, played for England under many managers, related to Harry.

Probably learnt a lot of what to do and what not do by just looking at how guys like Redknapp, McLaren, Sven, Capello, Mourinho, Villas Boas, Scolari, Ancelotti, Benitez etc handled situations.

I know his England time was pretty frustrating for a long time with managers trying to fit in him with Gerrard, Scholes, Hargreaves, Joe Cole etc.
Don't. Ever. Leave. Again.
Turning a dying thread into some food for thought

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ljungberg or Arteta.

The only way it could work is having and experienced assistant imo. David O'leary perhaps.

Which of those would pay second fiddle. genuinely asking

Ljungberg or Arteta.

I think the point here is to have someone doing the caretaking for us till the summer cos Emery's meticulous **** experiment just ain't working.
Now, I don't think Fredie can do any worse than Emery is doing, we have the 3rd best squad in the PL. Either way, there's likely to be a honey moon moment that will keep us going till the end of the season if he gets the boot and we appoint Fredie to caretake.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

It also helps that Lampard himself is and was a very smart footballer in general. Always thought he would lend himself well to coaching.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
no one considered the fact that most people around the world followed us because of our constant delivery of beautiful football. You create a bond with the philosophy of the squad that keeps you around.
We was in a way the Barcelona of England.

Arsène knew that... thats why the philosophy of offensive attractive collective football was never an option, was always a must.

We neglegted our indentity in favour of results. Results are not coming the way they should have come... We are in in a crossroad now.

We should be playing "our way" keeping around players like Ramsey that were a big part of our identity. We choose the pragmatic side of things, problem is when pragmatic does not delivers result you are in a terrible situation.

We need to support Unai, he made good signins in the summer and we can definetly go back to the CL. But we as fans, we need to have the conversation about what is Arsenal all about? what do we want from our team and what kind of football we like to watch.

I love this club for many reasons... but mainly because when i tuned in I knew i was going to get "an idea" "a vision" "a philosophy".

i will always stick around i will always watch our games but i dont know if new generations are on the same path. Im scared of the future if we trow everything that Arsène did to the bin.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
no one considered the fact that most people around the world followed us because of our constant delivery of beautiful football. You create a bond with the philosophy of the squad that keeps you around.
We was in a way the Barcelona of England.

Haven't missed a game in don't know how long, under Emery this is first time I'm actually bored and I'm not sad if I've missed a match. It's even more boring than the George Graham days.

I remember I would download the full games just to watch us play our s exy football. Ultimately football is entertainment....mourinho created one of the all time great PL teams between 2005-2007 and he got sacked after winning two back to back titles because the football was boring.

Can't wait for Emery to leave/get sacked.

I'd love to see the bloke from Ajax, they play some lovely football reminiscent of the old Wenger ball days. I'd have him here in a heart beat.

Arsène knew that... thats why the philosophy of offensive attractive collective football was never an option, was always a must.

We neglegted our indentity in favour of results. Results are not coming the way they should have come... We are in in a crossroad now.

We should be playing "our way" keeping around players like Ramsey that were a big part of our identity. We choose the pragmatic side of things, problem is when pragmatic does not delivers result you are in a terrible situation.

We need to support Unai, he made good signins in the summer and we can definetly go back to the CL. But we as fans, we need to have the conversation about what is Arsenal all about? what do we want from our team and what kind of football we like to watch.

I love this club for many reasons... but mainly because when i tuned in I knew i was going to get "an idea" "a vision" "a philosophy".

i will always stick around i will always watch our games but i dont know if new generations are on the same path. Im scared of the future if we trow everything that Arsène did to the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom