• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The injury won’t have helped and the rustiness won’t aid him either. But what I see is what I saw before the injury—rancid defensively and a poor footballer. His best quality is popping up in space deep on the right, maybe playing a little 1-2 and squaring it along the floor for a well positioned forward. When he’s not doing that he may as well be wandering down Blackstock Road chewing a carrot.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I havent seen one of our full backs play that badly since Traore.
Disagree entirely. He's a sure upgrade on AMN, although i still maintain chambers, currently, can keep him out. A captain, hector most certainly is not, but i find your dislike of HB overboard (no offense, you're thus entitled).

IMO, HB is a great asset but possibly not the answer. The modern game is extremely demanding on the wide defensive players these days. He's worthy of the shirt i think, i know you disagree.

Reactions: Jae

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The injury won’t have helped and the rustiness won’t aid him either. But what I see is what I saw before the injury—rancid defensively and a poor footballer. His best quality is popping up in space deep on the right, maybe playing a little 1-2 and squaring it along the floor for a well positioned forward. When he’s not doing that he may as well be wandering down Blackstock Road chewing a carrot.
You have such a good point, therefore..

The true question is, why is this manager not utilising the players at hand by playing formations, devising gameplans and instilling a philosophy that works.
Anybody who has played this sport knows that even the most talentless team can be somewhat effective and achieve above their means with a clear shared vision.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was a right winger at Barcelona, no? Don’t think he was ever going to be anything more than an average defender.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I thought he had a bad 1st half and a good 2nd one. We all know defending isn't his strongest suit. But going forward he offers more than anyone who can play in his position right now. And by some distance.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You have such a good point, therefore..

The true question is, why is this manager not utilising the players at hand by playing formations, devising gameplans and instilling a philosophy that works.
Anybody who has played this sport knows that even the most talentless team can be somewhat effective and achieve above their means with a clear shared vision.
:lol: A few of the others seem to be doing ok under him. Are we really going to excuse every sub par player and individual performance because... because ‘Emery innit’? All the crap performers we had under Wenger (we’ll excuse Hector for the moment) are still crap under Emery... Coincidence?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought he had a bad 1st half and a good 2nd one. We all know defending isn't his strongest suit. But going forward he offers more than anyone who can play in his position right now. And by some distance.
He offers more than what we have, you’re right. I’d have loved to have got £40m for him if it was possible though. That ship sank though.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Played a delightful cross that Martinelli really should've put away. When him and Tierney are up to speed we'll go up a level attacking wise.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

I still think Chambers is arguably the better "defender" of the two. The question is, do we want to strengthen our attack and simultaneously weaken our defence.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I still think Chambers is arguably the better "defender" of the two. The question is, do we want to strengthen our attack and simultaneously weaken our defence.

Arguably? Who is arguing Bellerin is better defensively?:lol::rofl:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Roberto Carlos was much the same. People used to say the same thing about him too.

Hector is still among the best right backs in sha the PL. Plus his pace allows him extra time to fix his mistakes

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Don't act like you know football when you're the only one thinking that Bosnian clown is quality.

That being said. Bellerin isn't great defensively.

I am not the only one that rates Kola. Just look at comments in the Kola thread just from October alone taken from different posters:

"I was apprehensive after monreal was sold but I have to say he hasn't disappointed. Looks surprisingly solid defensively"

"I think he’s been playing well recently. More than adequate backup/competition for LB."

"Much better form than on the tail end of last season thats for sure, he has actually been our most consistent defender this season (which isn't saying much tbh)."

"Top performance"

"Good game from #SeoKol he really #GibGä"

Also Kola was in the majority of posters posts in our "Top 5 players of the season" thread last season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I am not the only one that rates Kola. Just look at comments in the Kola thread just from October alone taken from different posters:

"I was apprehensive after monreal was sold but I have to say he hasn't disappointed. Looks surprisingly solid defensively"

"I think he’s been playing well recently. More than adequate backup/competition for LB."

"Much better form than on the tail end of last season thats for sure, he has actually been our most consistent defender this season (which isn't saying much tbh)."

"Top performance"

"Good game from #SeoKol he really #GibGä"

Also Kola was in the majority of posters posts in our "Top 5 players of the season" thread last season.

He's played some good games but overall he's not good enough. Then again, the same can be said for the majority of our team including Emery.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It was said on here almost two years ago that it looked like he’d lost a bit of pace. I always take stuff like that with a pinch of salt on here, but looking back, you used to back him to be able to knock it past a player, give them at least a yard head start and get in front, or go well clear if in space. I’d like to see sprint times tbh. Looks like there’s something in it. When did he go vegan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom