• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyDoozi

Surely the breaking point in his relationship with the fans. Funny thing is he wasn't even the worst player out there today, just being made a scapegoat.

Regardless of what fans think of him, that's just disgraceful behavior to boo and jeer your player. Boo the ****ing clown of the manager not Xhaka who although average atleast you can't fault his effort.

Issue really isn't the players. Has our defense even slightly improved with our last scapegoat Mustafi out of the team?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That was always coming. The frustration had been building ever since Xhaka gave away the penalty in the North London Derby. Today it all exploded like Chernobyl. I would put the blame squarely on Emery. He's made a limited player like Xhaka his captain and central figure of his team and he's kept on playing him despite him not performing and having better options available to him. And now the relationship between the fans and a club captain is totally destroyed. I'm pretty sure Emery would still keep on picking him, cause he probably sees it as an "Us against them" kinda thing

GoonerJay24

Xhaka blames everybody but himself. Emery making him captain created this toxicity between a player and the fans. We have a captain who passes the buck rather than take any responsibility himself. Where is the class being shown by said club/players?

He's one of our players with some leadership qualities, who would you have given to?

I agree about Emery causing and aggravating the problem by continually selecting a player in poor form.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Cant believe people are feeling sorry for this guy. Lol. This isn't the first time he's being cheered off and the manager refuses to drop him despite him contributing nothing to our game. Well i bet he heard them now. Im glad the fans had the balls to show their displeasure and when he starts the next game (you know Emery still wont drop him) I hope the fans boo both of them.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
What about the Wenger end? That was insane towards a man that brought us so much & pure class.

Today a moany ***** who has been blaming his teammates in the press got a bit of karma.
Exactly my point. People booed Wenger, the best manager we've ever had.
But it’s bad to boo a pointless, pathetic, whining, blame shifter
Such logic that is

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So I'm not a fan of Xhaka, but what happened today I see as a direct result of Emery's awful coaching.

Xhaka has limitations, but his passing range is excellent. When we first hired Emery I thought he would work well with Xhaka because Emery is Basque.

The Basque region develops tons of players like Xhaka who have obvious athletic limitations, but have an exceptional passing range. However, these players only excel within teams that dominate possession and have clear and precise tactics. Despite being Basque, Emery's style is the opposite of this, and therefore all of Xhaka's flaws get magnified.

I'm not surprised that Emery made Xhaka one of the captains, especially since Xhaka captains the Swiss team too.

The main issue is that Emery actually makes Xhaka even worse while also expecting him to be the leader of the team.

No one wins in this scenario.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
this is what happens when your ticket holders are companies and people who dont go to the stadium.
that was disgusting.... where is our class?

I WANT MY ARSENAL BACK. FANS OUT.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He's one of our players with some leadership qualities, who would you have given to?

I agree about Emery causing and aggravating the problem by continually selecting a player in poor form.
Id have given it to Laca, Auba, Sok and even Guendouzi before giving it to Xhaka. What leadership qualities has he shown? >

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The booing was fine as far as I am concerned. He was taking forever to get off the pitch. It is not the first time players were booed by home fans. But to react is such a manner of not good at all

Exactly i didn't hear much boos at the start, but it's only when xhaka was just strolling that it got louder and louder, then he didn't help himself by telling them to F off and put his had to the ear.

As captain shouldv'e jogged, even ran off. It's clear that he has a bit of an ego and that's fine, but then you have to back it up.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
They shouldn't imo, it doesn't reflect well on the club when fans boo players.

I get the frustrations and Emery has five games to sort this utter '****uation'!

I get Xhakas reaction was stupid but let's remember we are Arsenal. We act with class win or lose!
That's nonsense. Look at the way Madrid or Barca fans boo their own players. They're notorious for being the hardest fans to please. Yet players still dream to play there. Look at the racist stigma attached to Chelsea.and their fanbase but you still see black players signing for the club. I don't think it's that deep if fans boo their own players. It's no different to when fans boo an artist who doesn't give them their money’s worth.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Surely the breaking point in his relationship with the fans. Funny thing is he wasn't even the worst player out there today, just being made a scapegoat.

Regardless of what fans think of him, that's just disgraceful behavior to boo and jeer your player. Boo the ****ing clown of the manager not Xhaka who although average atleast you can't fault his effort.

Issue really isn't the players. Has our defense even slightly improved with our last scapegoat Mustafi out of the team?

Plenty of times you can fault his effort, such as that one time he stood picking his nose while opponent strolled in a scored.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
So I'm not a fan of Xhaka, but what happened today I see as a direct result of Emery's awful coaching.

Xhaka has limitations, but his passing range is excellent. When we first hired Emery I thought he would work well with Xhaka because Emery is Basque.

The Basque region develops tons of players like Xhaka who have obvious athletic limitations, but have an exceptional passing range. However, these players only excel within teams that dominate possession and have clear and precise tactics. Despite being Basque, Emery's style is the opposite of this, and therefore all of Xhaka's flaws get magnified.

I'm not surprised that Emery made Xhaka one of the captains, especially since Xhaka captains the Swiss team too.

The main issue is that Emery actually makes Xhaka even worse while also expecting him to be the leader of the team.

No one wins in this scenario.
The most overused & overrated excuse people find for him. Guendouzi's passing range is just as good if not better. See the pass for Auba in the first half. That's pure quality.
What Xhaka does is hit the fullback's chest while under no pressure. 80% premier league midfielders can do that

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

That was always coming. The frustration had been building ever since Xhaka gave away the penalty in the North London Derby. Today it all exploded like Chernobyl. I would put the blame squarely on Emery. He's made a limited player like Xhaka his captain and central figure of his team and he's kept on playing him despite him not performing and having better options available to him. And now the relationship between the fans and a club captain is totally destroyed. I'm pretty sure Emery would still keep on picking him, cause he probably sees it as an "Us against them" kinda thing

Agree with this. Emery is as much to blame. I'd wager that a lot of the booing of Xhaka today was in frustration due to Emery as well.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
this is what happens when your ticket holders are companies and people who dont go to the stadium.
that was disgusting.... where is our class?

I WANT MY ARSENAL BACK. FANS OUT.
How long do you expect people to hold their composure while we're losing? This isn't something that just started happening. It's been going on for years now. Fvck class and fvck Xhaka

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The most overused & overrated excuse people find for him. Guendouzi's passing range is just as good if not better. See the pass for Auba is first half. That's pure quality.
What Xhaka does is hit the fullback's chest while under no pressure. 80% premier league midfielders can do that
I honestly can not point to the last time Xhaka made a pass like that and it's what he's supposedly good at.

progman07

Established Member
The thing is, the booing happened to Xhaka, because fans cannot boo the manager. It's sheer frustration I guess, not good, but understandable, it's just a very awkward situation.

The only thing that can happen is Emery leaving, and Xhaka publicly appologising to the fans. Anything else is damaging the Club big time.

Deki

What leadership qualities? Lmao.

He has none. He just has a shorter temper than some of our other fairies. When have we ever seen captain Xhaka lift the team when needed? He got subbed the last 2 times they needed it.

He never should have got the captains armband. One of the most moronic decisions I've seen made at this club in 30years. But that, is Unai Emery's fault and not Xhaka's. Emery is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom