• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If he is included in ANY matchday squad, let alone selected for a starting 11, then the powers that be at the club will have taken leave of their senses.

You don't throw a strop like a petulant child & expect to be a part of Arsenal, let alone as its captain, which was as outrageous a decision as any you'll find made by the club.

Sell him in January or freeze him out & sell him in the summer.

He is done here, thank God for small mercies.

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

1) some fans cheer the sub
2) he throws the armband in some player's direction, frustrated
3) a few seconds pass
4) it becomes obvious he has no intention to get off the pitch quickly
5) fans tell him to get off faster
6) he raises his arms in defiance
7) boos begin

i'm sorry but he's a baby.

This does appear to be an accurate assessment.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Agreed he has been treating like crap by the fans. Yeah he's got problems, but look at how Liverpool fans treat Henderson, he's not really that great but they have always supported him. Though Henderson's also been managed a lot better of course so that this situation doesn't develop.

But I do think it's still a bad reaction as captain. Understandable but still shouldn't happen.

Yeah fair enough, I'm 100% on Xhaka's side here though.

Silver lining here is that we won't have to suffer through the Guendouzi-Xhaka pairing any longer..

morpho

Established Member
The amount of abuse him and Mustafi in particular have received since joining the club is disgrace. You have no idea what sort of impact that could have on people, the reaction to being subbed was wrong but I can certainly sympathise with him from a human perspective. Xhaka didn't ask to be captain, doesn't ask to start every week but now he is just being thrown under the bus and is a massive scapegoat. There have been far worse performances from some players and more importantly the coaches this season. Truly hope he can turn his career around here.
Cant argue about that, but its the managers job to protect his players. Poor management on poor players. And 70% of the abuse these two players got, was actually frustration towards the manager. Arsenal is a toxic club, right now and that started way before Wenger left. Its going to take a mayor effort to change things around. Fans included.

Underhill

1) some fans cheer the sub
2) he throws the armband in some player's direction, frustrated
3) a few seconds pass
4) it becomes obvious he has no intention to get off the pitch quickly
5) fans tell him to get off faster
6) he raises his arms in defiance
7) boos begin

i'm sorry but he's a baby.
This is correct. He actually ignite this reaction from the fans by doing step 1,2,3 and 4.

Not to mention: he is the ****ing Captain who gets paid millions every year to stand up for our club. You can't compare what fans are doing to a highly paid professional. It is as if expecting similar actions from a BBC journalist as you do from a garden variety twitter troll.

progman07

Established Member
I agree with this:

This has been bubbling for ages now and I don't blame him for giving back..

Feels like it's reached the point of no return now though, he should be sold in january..
Those who harass Xhaka (and other players) on social media and abuse them are surely a small minority though. It's disgusting, and those people should be banned from everywhere, but the majority of the fans is not like that.

It might be difficult to accept, but modern day fans boo teams to show discontent at the Club's state. Booing has often been going towards Kroenke, Gazidis, Emery, etc, not necessarily the players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Looks like emery with fans here. Xhaka will have to sit few games and make auba new captain

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Anyone defending Xhaka now need their head examined. If you think he will get away with this you are totally deluded. He will be crucified by the match day fans and the media. And rightfully so! What he did is so stupid it in itself that it should be enough to bench that idiot for good.

His only chance now is to show contrition like there is no tomorrow. If he doesn't he is done at Arsenal.

And blaming this on Emery is plain silly. Sure Emery has handled Xhaka and letting him be captain poorly, but in the end it was Xhaka trowing the armband, pulling of the club jersey and telling the fans to **** off. It wasn't Emery, Özil or anyone else. It was the tool that is our captain.

silent_shadow

Established Member
It was pretty clear live too. Can't believe people are actually defending the tool. What happened to Xhaka has happened to many other players at all clubs. But most handle it quietly and start by running off the pitch.

Xhaka, however, with his narcissistic personality disorder has to react in the biggest and most selfish way possible and turn it into the fire pit we have now.

sammy89

Meh, whatever it takes to get this c*nt off my screen once and for all, I'll take it. I'll save my empathy for the downtrodden in society, not some tall, famous, handsome athlete making millions every year, banging hot girls and driving sports cars.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

this is what happens when your ticket holders are companies and people who dont go to the stadium.
that was disgusting.... where is our class?

I WANT MY ARSENAL BACK. FANS OUT.
Get a grip! The fans are paying to go to the games and that is the end of that. It is more than most here on the forum do as far as I understand it. They have the right to express their displeasure anyway they want in my view. They simply booed him coming off. He should keep his head down, sprint off and cheer on the sub and his team.

He is a well paid, experienced professional football player. He needs to act like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom