• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Dropping points vs Palace and Sheffield in the space of week and just about beating Vitoria.

Arsenal board:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

For me the likes of Raul and Josh deserve just as much criticism as Emery because they're allowing us to fall behind in the race for the top 4. They're just sitting their twiddling their thumbs instead of doing what needs to be done.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Dropping points vs Palace and Sheffield in the space of week and just about beating Vitoria.

Arsenal board:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

For me the likes of Raul and Josh deserve just as much criticism as Emery because they're allowing us to fall behind in the race for the top 4. They're just sitting their twiddling their thumbs instead of doing what needs to be done.
Yup

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal board:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

They done what they can to support the coach it's not thier fault we aren't crazy as Chelsea and utd to change coach every 6 months 1 year

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal board:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Still feels a bit early to be fair. I think if we fall further behind (likely given we play Leicester away) then his balls will be on the chopping block.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Arsenal board:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Josh doesnt really know much about football.

Tir Na Nog

Still feels a bit early to be fair. I think if we fall further behind (likely given we play Leicester away) then his balls will be on the chopping block.

What do we do then, wait until we're 10 points behind? If we don't act now we'll have no chance of finishing top 4. The performances even without the results warrant Emery's sacking.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Lost "part" of the dressing room :lol::lol:

If you've lost a part you've lost it all. It's fair & well the players come out & back their boss. The reality is they have no more faith in him than they would with a lemur in a 3 piece suit on the bench.

The only thing his talk with Josh will have done is embolden him. Now, he can persevere with his clueless tinkering whilst continuing to derail our season,all to massage his misplaced confidence in his extremely limited abilities.

Sack him now so we can still salvage our season.
has anyone other than Hector openly supported him? it would be interesting to know if he has more support from the Spanish speaking players, because they at least understand what he is saying language wise, even if they don't understand what he is saying intention wise

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m baffled at this garbage. Fair enough if the manager had the team playing fantastic football the past few games but blaming the result on that VAR decision is a major cop out.

I can’t even remember how many clear cut chances we created.

The “head coach” should be sacked as he’s clearly not doing something right on the training pitch as he’s already lost the dressing room. The owner and management at our club are a disgrace if they don’t sack him.

ChefMan21

Going with the arbitrary number of 6-8 more games to turn it around or he's gone. 'For now' support and the fact he's lost part of the dressing room doesn't fill me with any confidence that he'll get to January without some good results. Between 15 December and 29 Feb we play Man City, Everton and Chelsea twice, plus have games against Man Utd and West Ham.

Top 6 candidate preferences for me at the moment (no order) are Allegri, Rodgers, Zidane, Nagelsmann, Gallardo and Benitez, each for varying reasons and lengths. I also keep umming and ahhhing about whether a Wenger fresh from a break - with a Ljungberg or Arteta as an assistant - could be an option? Perhaps not...

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

has anyone other than Hector openly supported him? it would be interesting to know if he has more support from the Spanish speaking players, because they at least understand what he is saying language wise, even if they don't understand what he is saying intention wise

He could be the world's greatest polyglot but there's no way his instructions are being recieved as the team is simply not functioning to it's collective capabilities.

It's shocking how we've accrued less points & goals than we did at the same stage last season.

Tir Na Nog

I’m baffled at this garbage. Fair enough if the manager had the team playing fantastic football the past few games but blaming the result on that VAR decision is a major cop out.

The “head coach” should be sacked as he’s clearly not doing something right on the training pitch as he’s already lost the dressing room. The owner and management at our club are a disgrace if they don’t sack him.

We were creating nothing from open play, literally relying on set-pieces to score goals. The VAR stuff is just a convenience for Emery and the board because it gives them an excuse for the result but anyone watching the game knows we barely even deserved the draw.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He is gone during November international break we won't going to rush to make the decision

Agree with this, can’t really sack him when we’ve got three games a week.

Can give them time to reach out to the likes of Allegri or Mourinho.

Wouldn’t rule Rodgers out the running tbh, hasn’t been at Leicester long but the guy’s proven himself a snake at Celtic and Swansea who won’t hesitate to advance his career.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
It's the lack of any sort of structure or identity that is the main concern, I really have no idea what we are trying to do.
Klopp and Guardiola both started pretty underwhelmingly but it was always clear once they got the players to fit it would improve, you could see what they were trying to achieve.

We're happy to sit off and concede possession but we aren't really set up to counter attack (or that good at it) plus we aren't good enough defensively to soak up pressure without letting in goals.
We're essentially a defensive team who can't defend.

I think communication must be an issue, Ornstein mentioned it, Emery's English hasn't really come on and he's very difficult to understand.
He's not stupid, I find it hard to believe his vision was/is in any way what we are seeing.

If we are going to replace him then it has to be someone fluent in English with a clear philosophy or we risk the same thing again.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Only think I took from that is he has lost part of the dressing room , that makes sense . Anger at VAR for Zaha penalty ? piss off . I'd be ****ing livid if we didn't get that . The rest is understandable .

All of this just deflects from the real issue that our perfomances are crap and getring worse . Player confidence is at an all time low and Ornstein is turning into a bit of a gossip queen .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree with this, can’t really sack him when we’ve got three games a week.

Can give them time to reach out to the likes of Allegri or Mourinho.

Wouldn’t rule Rodgers out the running tbh, hasn’t been at Leicester long but the guy’s proven himself a snake at Celtic and Swansea who won’t hesitate to advance his career.
Don't think he'll abounded Leicester that's quick Allegri and mourinho are same as emery fans will be frustrated with thier style

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nketiah stuff is banter... playstyle might not be suited to the modern game so let’s not send him to a club that could actually get him regular game time to develop. Vinai’s mate being at Leeds is very suspect.

Crying at that shortlist, you don’t want to pursue Sarri, Conte or Rodgers but Henry, Sampaoli, Loptegui and Arteta make the shortlist :rofl::rofl:

Lot less confident about what’s going on upstairs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom