• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sampaoli Henry Lopetgui.
th

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Nketiah stuff is banter... playstyle might not be suited to the modern game so let’s not send him to a club that could actually get him regular game time to develop. Vinai’s mate being at Leeds is very suspect.

Crying at that shortlist, you don’t want to pursue Sarri, Conte or Rodgers but Henry, Sampaoli, Loptegui and Arteta make the shortlist :rofl::rofl:

Lot less confident about what’s going on upstairs now.
Apart from Rangniak and Allegri the shortlist was poverty

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Crying at that shortlist, you don’t want to pursue Sarri, Conte or Rodgers but Henry, Sampaoli, Loptegui and Arteta make the shortlist :rofl::rofl:

Lot less confident about what’s going on upstairs now.

:lol: the names that were listed are laughable. Most of the seem like poor planning and opting for a cheap solution but I’m not surprised Gazidis was running the recruitment for the new manager at the time.

I have my doubts now on whether the club would go for a Mourinho or Allegri once Emery gets sacked. I think Freddie will have the job until the summer imo.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Today, yes. Lopetegui would probably have been seen as an exciting option in 2018.
Yes but his time at Real Madrid was not good he couldn't cope with the pressure and expectations look now at Sevilla he doing better job sometimes these kind of managers these are thier levels

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Agree with this, can’t really sack him when we’ve got three games a week.

Can give them time to reach out to the likes of Allegri or Mourinho.

Wouldn’t rule Rodgers out the running tbh, hasn’t been at Leicester long but the guy’s proven himself a snake at Celtic and Swansea who won’t hesitate to advance his career.

I like him & he definitely has a fluid style of play that he likes to imprint on all his teams, without exception.

But do we really want to tie our fortunes to someone who'll abandon us the moment a club from the tier above us comes calling?

I agree with you that he'll look to advance his career & I'd never fault him for personal ambition. Also, Leicester, a club I have a lot of time for, are not a bigger draw than we are despite them winning a league more recently & flying higher than we are currently in the league.

I just worry he might replicate his past behavior & leave us with it all to do again.

Having said that, anything is better than our current state.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Getting Allegri and mourinho isn't going to end well they may better than emery but thier style is same the fans will get frustrated again

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like him & he definitely has a fluid style of play that he likes to imprint on all his teams, without exception.

But do we really want to tie our fortunes to someone who'll abandon us the moment a club from the tier above us comes calling?

I agree with you that he'll look to advance his career & I'd never fault him for personal ambition. Also, Leicester, a club I have a lot of time for, are not a bigger draw than we are despite them winning a league more recently & flying higher than we are currently in the league.

I just worry he might replicate his past behavior & leave us with it all to do again.

Having said that, anything is better than our current state.

Football’s a business, and if he comes in and improves us we’d have little problem replacing him in the extremely unlikely scenario that a Real or Juve came in for him.

Don’t think he’s really a viable long term candidate fwiw, questions over whether you can consistently win big games and titles with his play style remain. Don’t see him as pragmatic enough.

For a couple of years as a bridge manager I think he’s definitely a great option though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
For the 'unanimous choice' Orny was a bit off for that week with all the Arteta stories. o_O

I doubt Emery is sacked before January as the midfield needs external signings. We have a hard run of games coming up so let this clown navigate through.

EH84Fl4VAAEp-hx.jpg:large

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

How can Luis Enrique never be considered an option? Of the current crop of Spanish managers, he's the one, at the time, that I saw as attainable & capable of implementing a philosophy in line with the clubs modern ethos.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
For the 'unanimous choice' Orny was a bit off for that week with all the Arteta stories. o_O

I doubt Emery is sacked before January as the midfield needs external signings. We have a hard run of games coming up so let this clown navigate through.

EH84Fl4VAAEp-hx.jpg:large

If those were the candidates then it's easy to see why Emery came on top as Allegri was his only competition, and he's regarded as a defensive minded coach. All Emery had to say was that he likes attacking football, which he sure did with his "protagonist" bollocks, which indeed led to him getting the job.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
This focus the club has on the VAR decision is actually making me really angry. As usual the hierarchy of this club are allowing paper to cover the very visible and foundation destroying cracks we can see..
They can do two things at once: it's possible to be concerned about Emery's performance while also holding the PL accountable for their shambolic implementation of VAR.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Getting Allegri and mourinho isn't going to end well they may better than emery but thier style is same the fans will get frustrated again

Mourinho,Yes. Allegri,No.

We're already facing a crisis of sorts as the players are unable to understand our manager. I don't care how many hours of English Allegri is learning a week, he'll not be intelligible enough to instruct a style of play, which contradicts the "modern" Arsenal way, without the majority of said instructions in danger of being lost in translation.

Mourinho, on the other hand:

1. Speaks good English.

2. Is a 3 time premier league winner, you can't get more proven than that.

3. Will put the defence through their paces in a manner not seen since Graham's days.

4. Will be looking to salvage his reputation & put his detractors in their place.

5. Hopefully bring his dormant winning mentality to the surface & pass it on to the players which, in turn, will bring back the fear factor that we have lacked for well over a decade now.

Also, the spectre of Ed Woodward is far from here. He'll be backed by people as knowledgeable in the game as he is & will provide him the tools necessary to succeed.

When it all eventually comes crumbling down, we'll at least have a board with the nous to have a contingency in place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom