• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's still October and there is plenty to play for. It's these times I really wish the fans get behind the club/manager/player more than ever, when the chips are down and the players need us most of all. Looking at the table it's not great but at the same time it's not like we are 15th 16th in the league. If that was the case it may be a different story. We just need to hit our patch of good form. We usually have bad Novembers. We seem to be drawing alot of games where we should win. We just need to build up a good run of results and step up the all round performance.
It's been "not great" for a decade, fans are fed up beyond belief. We were sold a ****ing lie when we moved to the Emirates. It's been **** for so long, I have zero tolerance for garbage anymore.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's been "not great" for a decade, fans are fed up beyond belief. We were sold a ****ing lie when we moved to the Emirates. It's been **** for so long, I have zero tolerance for garbage anymore.

The board had no ambition when they agreed that s**t deal with the banks when we moved in 2006, completely handicapped ourselves as our rivals got more money than ever...terrible when you look back at that decision.

Preacher

Always Crying
Two wins in their last eight Premier League games for Arsenal. 12 goals scored, 13 conceded - one clean sheet. Only two of their last seven goals have come from open play.

Yeah, let's wait until January. Maybe even let him stay until the end of the season. I'm 100% confident that Emery is incapable to turn this around. Board should prepare plans now and sack him in the next international brake after Leicester will play us out the field. Knowing our past and their dithering, I'm not confident that they would do it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The board had no ambition when they agreed that s**t deal with the banks when we moved in 2006, completely handicapped ourselves as our rivals got more money than ever...terrible when you look back at that decision.
IMO we just didn't utilise the cash advantage we had in time. Boom, in comes cash injection into the leagu and suddenly the pile of cash we sat on was worthless.
Not buying a single out field player hurt us hugely in 2014. I said it then...

teamsoutheast

I stopped reading after this. Not because it is wrong.. I believe it is correct. But it is hugely out of context.
We were 2-0 up AT HOME against Palace man!
We blew a 2-0 lead against Watford!
We struggled desperately against Sheffield.

I agree the league has gotten stronger but did we plummet 18 places in 2 seasons. What am I missing? Did these other midtable/relegation teams completely outspend us or something.

Yes, our in game management has been questionable in the 2 games you mention, I agree, and it is extremely frustrating blowing a 2-0 lead, however, the Palace game was daylight robbery with that VAR decision and should have been 3 points. We had chances against Sheff Utd to win the game and didn't take them, and again, where was VAR for the penalty decision on Sokratis? We seem to lose concentration when taking a comfortable lead and need to keep the momentum going during those moments in the game. We've only lost 2 games, we just need to win a few on the trot, up the performances, and the mood will change.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

The classic case of first mover into unknown territory.

We got burned, others took lessons, invested in their squads/management/existing stadiums, while we were still left to pay out the stadium debt by selling our best players for dirt cheap.

Look at Sp*rs, if they were a little bit smarter, they could've paid more than half of their debt by selling their players at their peak (Kane, Eriksen etc...)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes, our in game management has been questionable in the 2 games you mention, I agree, and it is extremely frustrating blowing a 2-0 lead, however, the Palace game was daylight robbery with that VAR decision and should have been 3 points. We had chances against Sheff Utd to win the game and didn't take them, and again, where was VAR for the penalty decision on Sokratis? We seem to lose concentration when taking a comfortable lead and need to keep the momentum going during those moments in the game. We've only lost 2 games, we just need to win a few on the trot, up the performances, and the mood will change.
Blaming VAR is a proper cop out. We simply are not creating enough against poverty sides to be optimistic about the top 4. If you can;t see that then I can't help you.
It is not just about the last two games. Our football has been absolute poverty this season and the results have papered over the cracks. Come end of season you and all the others crying for people to support Emery are going to feel very silly when the rest of us are telling you right now that if we persist with him we are NOT going to make top 4.

Riou

IMO we just didn't utilise the cash advantage we had in time. Boom, in comes cash injection into the leagu and suddenly the pile of cash we sat on was worthless.
Not buying a single out field player hurt us hugely in 2014. I said it then...

Never understood why we kept stock piling our money when the tv money kept going up anyway, what were we thinking...so many bad decisions over the years...oh well, let’s finish above Sp**s this year and take it from there!

ClubLevel

Two things.

Lack of English I don't think makes a massive difference these days as the squad all speak different languages anyway.

I don't see the value in him being given until the end of the season as his contract is up anyway and we all saw with Wenger how the media and fans put pressure on him with the whole 'will he stay or will he go'. Not sure how healthy that is, they either need to back him (long term) or sack him right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
EH6dYIfXUAAkrj7

State of us.
Even though it's very easy to accidentally like a picture on IG, there might be something there wrt Laca:

Riou

The classic case of first mover into unknown territory.

We got burned, others took lessons, invested in their squads/management/existing stadiums, while we were still left to pay out the stadium debt by selling our best players for dirt cheap.

Look at Sp*rs, if they were a little bit smarter, they could've paid more than half of their debt by selling their players at their peak (Kane, Eriksen etc...)

Still feel we could have got a better deal from the banks as we moved, we went from one of the best teams in the world at Highbury to what we have now due to our own incompetence really...shame.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He has lost the dressing room, and he is not the character to get back from that (very few are). So it's time to say goodbye, mister.

Any good interim managers out there?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A very good comment in Athletic

It's hard to believe that Torreira was more upset by the vocal treatment flung Xhaka's way by the fans on Sunday than he was by being played as a wide-right attacker (I'm kind of guessing that was his role – it's hard to work out precisely what Emery expects of his midfielders any more) during the Europa League match a few days earlier.

Still, you feel for the guy – as, in retrospect – I feel for Eboué, precisely because I was one of those that barracked the poor sod for his appalling 10-minute cameo against Wigan all those years ago.

I kept schtum for Xhaka's exit yesterday, tho', as I've never actually booed a player whose played for the Arse, no matter how poor they are. But it's getting to the point where it's becoming almost inevitable… Witness how Sokratis shamelessly threw himself to the ground when he tried to dribble past a Palace player, was outpaced then tried to con the ref into getting a fee kick.

He's conning us, though… We don't pay to come and watch that crap (nor do we enjoy seeing Lacazette falling backwards like he's been shot when a defender merely brushes foreheads with him).

There's something rotten in the state of the Emirates that goes way beyond the fans (and I readily admit that we are a spoilt, entitled bunch of pr*cks at times). A cultural gap has developed between the (bulk of the) team and its supporters and now it's a question of what gives first.

I'll be weighing up very seriously as to whether I can be bothered to go the Wolves game this Saturday – it's definitely no fun anymore (and you could never say that for all of the Wenger years). It's much more like the dog days of the Graham era, and that was bad enough…

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
A very good comment in Athletic

It's hard to believe that Torreira was more upset by the vocal treatment flung Xhaka's way by the fans on Sunday than he was by being played as a wide-right attacker (I'm kind of guessing that was his role – it's hard to work out precisely what Emery expects of his midfielders any more) during the Europa League match a few days earlier.

Still, you feel for the guy – as, in retrospect – I feel for Eboué, precisely because I was one of those that barracked the poor sod for his appalling 10-minute cameo against Wigan all those years ago.

I kept schtum for Xhaka's exit yesterday, tho', as I've never actually booed a player whose played for the Arse, no matter how poor they are. But it's getting to the point where it's becoming almost inevitable… Witness how Sokratis shamelessly threw himself to the ground when he tried to dribble past a Palace player, was outpaced then tried to con the ref into getting a fee kick.

He's conning us, though… We don't pay to come and watch that crap (nor do we enjoy seeing Lacazette falling backwards like he's been shot when a defender merely brushes foreheads with him).

There's something rotten in the state of the Emirates that goes way beyond the fans (and I readily admit that we are a spoilt, entitled bunch of pr*cks at times). A cultural gap has developed between the (bulk of the) team and its supporters and now it's a question of what gives first.

I'll be weighing up very seriously as to whether I can be bothered to go the Wolves game this Saturday – it's definitely no fun anymore (and you could never say that for all of the Wenger years). It's much more like the dog days of the Graham era, and that was bad enough…
I was a huge Wenger detractor in the final years but I was never this apathetic about Arsenal. My wife reminds me about midweek games, i fall asleep during European nights, I watch Rugby instead of Arsenal. . All things that I would have never allowed to happen just 4 years back... Maybe it the fact that I am a father and have less time but it feels like the passion is being robbed from elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom