• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goonergaz

Zaha, by his standards, has been poor this season. In and out of games. He is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. Regularly has "He's gonna cry in a minute" sung at him.

Must be thankful he dodged a bullet as he would have been crucified (Xhaka-like) by Arsenal's toxic fan-base had he been plying his trade at the Emirates this season.

Could still have won the game at the death were it not for Guendouzi's last man rugby tackle when he would have been clear on goal.

As longs as players put the effort in and don't keep making the same mistakes then the fans will always be behind you.

You can get away with effort if you have the skill to win a match. Xhaka does not have the skill.

You can get away with repeating mistakes if they are not costly. Xhaka mistakes mostly seem costly.

That tackle was awesome! Now there's a future captain...someone who goes above and beyond!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How, he was so full of himself he had no space for the team. Very arrogant person RVP. Can see it a mile away. Never complained while he was here though.

View his reign as similar to when Henry had the armband...they may not have been the best leaders, but were definitely our best players at the time and the ones the players/fans looked too for something special...arrogant yes, but sometimes you need that aura...I mean good as in good, no way would I say he was one of our great captains obviously, just better than now.

Riou

But that isn't what a captain is for. You can have a star player and have a leader in a team you know. In fact it is often the recipe for a better balance.

Agree...but when Van Persie was captain he was probably our best leader, not that that’s saying much.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

You're wrong. Who are you to police when people can cheer or boo. Half time is fine? Catch yourself on. Football is an emotional game. If fans who feel frustrated vent that frustration then so be it. Its upto the players and management to rectify the fans issues with results and performances.

Fans can turn because fans will be there longer than any player or manager. Theyll show up next week and support the team. This idea of 'class' as others alluded to doesnt exist. We are a class above what exactly? A class above human emotions? Sit like good obedient robots regardless. Its upto the club to keep the fans on board. God knows the club contributed to years of poison from the stands. It's doing so again with Emerys decision to give two fingers to the fans by naming Xhaka captain, by continually picking him when there is clear disconnect or worse between Xhaka and the fans.
Your'e basically saying it's acceptable to abuse players because fans aren't robots yet you act like the players are and should act like it? Your'e contradicting yourself here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Your'e basically saying it's acceptable to abuse players because fans aren't robots yet you act like the players are and should act like it? Your'e contradicting yourself here.
Nope not at all. In fact many times on here I've stated players are overly criticised when they react to so called fans calling them dicks slagging their partners or mums. I've no issue with players reacting to these arseholes. However booing is perfectly acceptable. It's not vitriol it is voicing displeasure and as a professional then yes you have to take that. It's part of your job. Receiving verbal abuse like I've listed above is what they shouldnt take and we should hold up players who react and demonize those who think being in a crowd allows them to say things that are completely out of line.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nope not at all. In fact many times on here I've stated players are overly criticised when they react to so called fans calling them dicks slagging their partners or mums. I've no issue with players reacting to these arseholes. However booing is perfectly acceptable. It's not vitriol it is voicing displeasure and as a professional then yes you have to take that. It's part of your job. Receiving verbal abuse like I've listed above is what they shouldnt take and we should hold up players who react and demonize those who think being in a crowd allows them to say things that are completely out of line.
Thing is, when the booing is directed at the team or the manager it just seems more humane. Last night really was uncomfortable watching one player get hounded off the pitch. It will have a ripple affect in the team as well I think.

goonergaz

Thing is, when the booing is directed at the team or the manager it just seems more humane. Last night really was uncomfortable watching one player get hounded off the pitch. It will have a ripple affect in the team as well I think.

But it was because of his reaction to ironic cheers. I mean, come on - trudging off the field because of ironic cheers!? Then that reaction sparked the boos.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But it was because of his reaction to ironic cheers. I mean, come on - trudging off the field because of ironic cheers!? Then that reaction sparked the boos.
I'm not defending the player. I've stated several times I feel both Xhaka and the fans were in the wrong. I'm not getting into who was more wrong.

goonergaz

The team were cheered on for the rest of the match and applauded after the match (when they went around the stadium).

All supports want to see is players give their all and stop making the same stupid mistakes.

Pepes blue pill

That decision to rule out the winning goal is probs the worst I have seen since watching football, i still have no idea what it was for...in fact the second you see cahill push chambers away before the 2nd part of the whole thing started you just turn round and say carry on, all is fine

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still how mike Riley a guy who was responsible for our invisible ending run that game where everybody agreed it was match fixing is the guy who decide who will be the referee for that game and who will be in var room.

Riou

That decision to rule out the winning goal is probs the worst I have seen since watching football, i still have no idea what it was for...in fact the second you see cahill push chambers away before the 2nd part of the whole thing started you just turn round and say carry on, all is fine

And the way Atkinson carried the ball from the centre circle back to their goal, sledgehammer to the face needed :mad:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It wasnt comfortable viewing either was the reaction from a professional footballer.

Footballers have to take the highs and lows. Again, as long as it's based in footballing matters then it's fine.

In my mind the guilty parties are Xhaka and Emery. Xhaka played to the crowd and Emery keeps putting him out there when it's clear the crowd has turned on him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Problem is booing is not even abuse... just the opposite of cheering. Abuse is insulting, being racist like Italians fans do. That’s abuse... is Like you only wanted to hear good things about you... it’s a show with a crowd watching. Sometimes you get cheered, sometimes you get booed if you are doing it bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom