• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never read such a conflicting load of bs in the Athletic article.

-Özil: "I’ve trained at the same level my whole career but because I’ve not had minutes recently, I’m doing extra work with the fitness coach and in the gym to get even fitter than normal. I know what is needed and believe in myself.”

-Ornstein:“I’m told the GPS training data is indeed one of the factors. If Emery and Sanllehi are telling the truth, Özil needs to work harder and with greater consistency.

-Raul Sanllehi mentioned that Özil has been training well, so I’m keen to see if he’s reintegrated or not,”

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
To be fair to him, the times we’ve seen him this season - pre season, Watford etc, he’s been good.

One rule for Özil, one for others also it seems, other players get picked despite having bad performances.
I might be naive, but i can't really see a coach not playing a player that does the works he is asked to do in training, giving the effort thats is required from them and plays good being left out from the squad.

People seem to think that özil does everything right and Emery have just decided to not play him.

Can't think of a coach except guardiola thats done that with Zlatan. Which was because he didnt want to adapt to the "Barcelona-culture" IIRC.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

To be fair to him, the times we’ve seen him this season - pre season, Watford etc, he’s been good.

One rule for Özil, one for others also it seems, other players get picked despite having bad performances.
If it was bad performances that stopped you being picked, here'd have been a number of players on their arses at home on matchday.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We are basically all trying to interpret quotes at this stage. It almost sounds like it comes down to kms run pr match... I am not sure if that is the case, but it seems clear the management has put the pressure on for some reason or another.

I don't think you could ever fault his technical ability, but perhaps more is wanted?

In any case, no player will be more attentively watched than Özil, if he ever starts for us again...

I wish him well.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I bet he aint..

I wouldn't leave either on that wage, you don't even have to play any football and when you do you don't even have to do it well :lol:
I bet at this stage he'd give up half his wage to be playing, making assists and scoring, the hero of the fans and his new wife. Every man has an ego that needs to be stroked.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I bet at this stage he'd give up half his wage to be playing, making assists and scoring, the hero of the fans and his new wife. Every man has an ego that needs to be stroked.

Honestly I'm not so sure, its been a while now, after a certain amount of time passes I wonder if you just get used to it and the fire dies out.

He's been there and done it, does he really care what a tool like Emery thinks or even cares to impress him and get in the team?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Honestly I'm not so sure, its been a while now, after a certain amount of time passes I wonder if you just get used to it and the fire dies out.

He's been there and done it, does he really care what a tool like Emery thinks or even cares to impress him and get in the team?
I'm betting he does care. Wenger was still hungry at 68.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Those MLS rumors came about because he was in the US starting/investing in a coffee company and/or a chain or whatever near DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom